Jeff Kennett returns as Hawthorn president | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jeff Kennett returns as Hawthorn president

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just read that good old Jeffrey has returned to Hawthorn as president. Hope this ends in tears.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
tigertim said:
Just read that good old Jeffrey has returned to Hawthorn as president. Hope this ends in tears.

Maybe not tears, but certainly some angry shouting and swearing.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
To his credit the Hawks really turned it around on and off field while he was there. Since then I don't think they've moved forward, maybe even backwards.

He's got the runs on the board. They seem a bit in a shambles at the moment. It's the right move.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Jeff is such a hypocrite. he said people should not stay on footy boards for more than 2 terms (6 years). so why is he making a comeback?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ian4 said:
Jeff is such a hypocrite. he said people should not stay on footy boards for more than 2 terms (6 years). so why is he making a comeback?

Consecutive terms

wagstaff

Tiger Cub
Mar 10, 2003
Melbourne
This feels a bit like the move to make Roughead captain; a bit of a panic move done for PR reasons because they know that fans will get right behind it even though it seems unwise.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
And we can’t disagree with that view or may i postulate that the Tigers would enhance their success with more vigorous advocacy?

Score reviews!

Free kick differential!

Et al. There are plenty of other issues that might be cited.

And, I wouldn’t mind having won the number of flags they’ve enjoyed while we languished for 37 years.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Used to hate Kennett, but he’s one of the game’s more interesting characters. Whether he’s right or not about Gold Coast’s performances reflecting the quality of its board, I don’t know, but at least he’s not afraid to voice un-PC opinions.