Jeremy Cameron eye gouge | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jeremy Cameron eye gouge

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
s8IG6Xrc

Are you from the Northern Hemisphere where things are the other way up?

I can only assume from this that you concur with the umpire's decision that ripping Shai's head off should not have led to a 50m penalty.

DS

The more you study this photo of Jizza, he might be thinking:

A. This bloke is one Strong dude.
B. I might be in a bit trouble here.
C. How come I'm on top but seem to be losing and I'm starting *smile* myself.
D. Boys *smile* ing help.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
And by the end of it Marlion was on top, confirmed by both me and others at the game. I guess you weren't there or weren't watching. Marlion's a tough cookie mate, and came out on top. He can look after himself.
Both wrestled, both fined. Big deal.

Marlion would do the same thing again next week and wouldn't give two hoots about the fine. What else do you want?

The constant sooking over this trivial BS gives me the *smile*.

The constant pushing back against how Pickett, the uppity black fella, gets treated, gives me the sh*ts, makes me angry and shows me just how far this country has to go to truly address racism.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The more you study this photo of Jizza, he might be thinking:

A. This bloke is one Strong dude.
B. I might be in a bit trouble here.
C. How come I'm on top but seem to be losing and I'm starting *smile* myself.
D. Boys *smile* ing help.

That's the spirit i want to see, none of this "oh boohoo why did we get a fine, Cameron is so big and heavy".

Would back Marlion against most comers in the league

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The constant pushing back against how Pickett, the uppity black fella, gets treated, gives me the sh*ts, makes me angry and shows me just how far this country has to go to truly address racism.

DS

So because I'm OK that both Marlion and Cameron got fined for wrestling, I'm now a racist.

Seems like a bit of stretch to me

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
So because I'm OK that both Marlion and Cameron got fined for wrestling, I'm now a racist.

Seems like a bit of stretch to me

This from the guy who claimed I supported Putin just because I reckon one should understand the motivations of both sides of a conflict, and anyway, you know, saving lives.

Look in the mirror sometime.

DS

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Mr Ant, to clarify, I find it somewhat ridiculous to push back against the complaints about the treatment of Pickett. If you take the incident with Cameron in isolation then sure he gets the same fine as Cameron. But we can still whinge about it since it was Cameron who tried to rip Shai's head off and we didn't even get a 50m penalty let alone Cameron getting fined (how many Richmond players have heads which are not sacrosanct now, at least 3 by my count). The trouble is that you cannot see the incident with Cameron, and the fine to Pickett, in isolation. Pickett gets fined every second week for things other players do and no-one blinks an eye. He is treated more harshly and I reckon there is at least an element of racism in the way Pickett is treated.

DS

• Angry

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
This from the guy who claimed I supported Putin just because I reckon one should understand the motivations of both sides of a conflict, and anyway, you know, saving lives.

Look in the mirror sometime.

DS

Why don't we keep Russia and Ukraine out of football threads.

Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Mr Ant, to clarify, I find it somewhat ridiculous to push back against the complaints about the treatment of Pickett. If you take the incident with Cameron in isolation then sure he gets the same fine as Cameron. But we can still whinge about it since it was Cameron who tried to rip Shai's head off and we didn't even get a 50m penalty let alone Cameron getting fined (how many Richmond players have heads which are not sacrosanct now, at least 3 by my count). The trouble is that you cannot see the incident with Cameron, and the fine to Pickett, in isolation. Pickett gets fined every second week for things other players do and no-one blinks an eye. He is treated more harshly and I reckon there is at least an element of racism in the way Pickett is treated.

DS
I said to my wife just as the group of players started gathering that Pickett would end up getting fined and that the AFL would dismiss the eye gouge. Well *smile* me dead, they fined Cameron along with Pickett.
Pickett is dealt with by an unjust margin when compared to some other players, however he is not alone for example Toby Greene and Rhyan Mansell. The AFL needs to *smile* off the current group of punishers and replace with independents.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

DS

What Cameron did to Shai has nothing to do with the fine that he got for wrestling with Marlion, and the fine that Marlion got for wrestling with him. When you have two dudes going at it for minutes they'll both get fined, and there is nothing in slightest way racist about that.

The lack of a 50 metre penalty beforehand has nothing to do with the fines.

I'm still hearing from people here that Cameron eye-gouged Marlion, although when challenged it they say things like his fingers were "close" to his eyes and he "nearly" eye gouged him or he "thought about" doing it. The MRP doesn't fine/suspend for people nearly/thinking about or being "close" to doing things. Cameron is huge *smile* IMO, and maybe he was "thinking" about it, but see above.

I know I expect too much since this is a forum of Richmond nuff-nuffs, myself included, so people float huge anti-Richmond conspiracies and I can see why that's fun to do, but the conflation of separate incidents, and the passage of myth into received fact always bothers me. You say you can't look at incidents in isolation - that's exactly what the MRP does. Exactly. I can imagine our rep taking that case up - "m'lud, Mr Pickett should be excused his fine for wrestling with Mr Cameron because Mr Bolton didn't receive 50 metres for the free kick just previoius". Absurd.

I've got some time for the argument that Pickett gets looked at more stringently than others, but none of that applies to his wrestling fine. Two men wrestling got fined for wrestling. That's it, case closed, bon voyage, goodbye.

Personally I love what Pickett does - he's on the edge, he's tough, he makes people hear footsteps. He competes like a mofo and runs all day. He's a proud warrior Noongar man from the West. Sometimes he steps over the line, but that adds a lot to our team and our play, the coaches understand this and would be more than happy with it.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
To think that if only this prick spoiled Henry enough to take that last mark, we'd have 4 points.