Jesse Hogan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jesse Hogan

Hes My Hero

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
So let me get this straight.

Freo can afford $ and picks for
-McCarthy
-Bennel
-and now Hogan ???

Whilst we get Yarran.

Yeah right

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Hes My Hero said:

-McCarthy
-Bennel
-and now Hogan ???

Whilst we get Yarran.

Yeah right
Its all AFL approved ;)

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I'd be wondering if Freo have suddenly unearthed a genie that can give them an unlimited supply of high draft picks, because they're going to need them to satisfy the clubs that these players are coming from.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Hes My Hero said:

-McCarthy
-Bennel
-and now Hogan ???

Whilst we get Yarran.

Yeah right

you want to bag Richmond when
-there is a just rumour another club is chasing someone
-you dont know who will we might get in the trade period, which hasnt actually started yet
-you have no idea what Freo are offering, either to players or clubs

Yeah right

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
CarnTheTiges said:
I'd be wondering if Freo have suddenly unearthed a genie that can give them an unlimited supply of high draft picks, because they're going to need them to satisfy the clubs that these players are coming from.
Apparently Collingwood are leading the race to get this Genie.

Hes My Hero

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
Brodders17 said:

you want to bag Richmond when
-there is a just rumour another club is chasing someone
-you dont know who will we might get in the trade period, which hasnt actually started yet
-you have no idea what Freo are offering, either to players or clubs

Yeah right
Tongue in cheek Brodders.
Don't get caught up in all the crap flying around in the last 72 hours.

It all has a hint of "Much ado about nothing" to it.

William Shakespeare (1632)

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Tiger Pops said:
8 years contract 9mill.. why not??. be bold or just do the same thing year in year out
I know this is the trend with contracts these days as with Buddy and Boyd - but we are yet to see whether this approach is actually a prudent one and one that will deliver long term success to those teams.

It is still to early to tell but my initial reaction is that at some stage Sydney will be much the poorer team as a result of the Buddy contract and what if he doesn't recover from whatever he has so that he can play again - with the doggies it is a little different but if something happens to Boyd - the doggies will also have a big chain around their salary cap.

I would be nervous if the tigers went down this path.

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
year of the tiger said:
I know this is the trend with contracts these days as with Buddy and Boyd - but we are yet to see whether this approach is actually a prudent one and one that will deliver long term success to those teams.

It is still to early to tell but my initial reaction is that at some stage Sydney will be much the poorer team as a result of the Buddy contract and what if he doesn't recover from whatever he has so that he can play again - with the doggies it is a little different but if something happens to Boyd - the doggies will also have a big chain around their salary cap.

I would be nervous if the tigers went down this path.
Then this is why u will see us keep getting players like grigg houli Chaplin yarran etc. and why we will not improve to a top 4 flag side.
U gotta pay overs in dollars and possibly years these days to attract A grade talent!! Simple as that!!!

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
keepa lids onit said:
Then this is why u will see us keep getting players like grigg houli Chaplin yarran etc. and why we will not improve to a top 4 flag side.
U gotta pay overs in dollars and possibly years these days to attract A grade talent!! Simple as that!!!
Not sure Hawthorn have gone down this path - their strategy is to pick up very good 25-27 year olds on 3- 5 year contracts which has worked just fine for them.