• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Jesse Hogan

Hes My Hero

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
YinnarTiger said:
Is that mis-spelling of "ado" a hint or is it just a mis-spelling?
Thanks for the heads up YT.
Only a spelling mistake.

Funny how things can be seen or perceived as they were never intended to be.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Hogan has been diagnosed with testicular cancer poor bigger.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
geez talk about deja vu. same thing happened to me not long after my old man died. its also a timely reminder to all the guys out there to regularly check their balls and get checked if they feel different.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
All the best to Jesse.

Did his dad die from cancer?

They got it early and there will be a press conference @ 9.45 , so fingers crossed as they found a lump.

TJsFurrow

T W E L V E
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Melbourne have released a statement that said its at its earliest detectable stage - and an MRI has shown no cancer anywhere else - so it seems he's about as well placed as he can be. They also said they expect him to make a full recovery.
He's going into surgery immediately to have it removed. Hopefully all goes well.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
TJsFurrow said:
Melbourne have released a statement that said its at its earliest detectable stage - and an MRI has shown no cancer anywhere else - so it seems he's about as well placed as he can be. They also said they expect him to make a full recovery.
He's going into surgery immediately to have it removed. Hopefully all goes well.
its a seminoma which is the most common form and is slow growing. My urologist said I'd had mine for at least 6 months and my right testicle was at least 75% tumour before I was diagnosed. even then it hadn't spread (although there were initial concerns that it had). He will have to undergo more tests (eg PET scan) to be sure it hasn't spread, but I expect Jesse Hogan will be fine. Infact I reckon he will play again this year.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Ian4 said:
geez talk about deja vu. same thing happened to me not long after my old man died. its also a timely reminder to all the guys out there to regularly check their balls and get checked if they feel different.
Tell us the real symptoms Bin, not the bullshit GPs and articles give us. I wanna hear from a bloke who's actually experienced it.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
Tell us the real symptoms Bin, not the bullsh!t GPs and articles give us. I wanna hear from a bloke who's actually experienced it.
Its actually quite easy to diagnose if you know what you're looking for. But the reality is that people don't know what to look for. The main symptom is hardness of the testis. testicles are very soft, so if they feel hard or swollen that's when you need to get checked out. an ultrasound is enough to diagnose it and CT scan to confirm it.

I didn't notice any hardness coz I didn't think to check. I just woke up in the middle of the night with some discomfort, then realised there was some swelling. In hindsight, I was tired a lot in the previous months leading up to it and not quite feeling myself.

its a young man's disease with most people being diagnosed between the ages of 18-40. The main cause (the vast majority) is when people's balls drop late (AKA hit puberty later than the average boy). I was diagnosed 2 months before my 39th birthday, which is very late. my "balls dropping late" was not a cause for me. While I can't prove it, I suspect the cause was my mobile phone. I always place my mobile phone in my front right pocket. and it was my right testicle. I asked my oncologist and he couldn't rule it in or out.

The surgery itself was OK. I took 6 weeks off work, but I was right to go after a month (doctor was being extra cautious). But losing an aggot does play on your ego, I can't deny that. the whole emasculation thing does have a psychological effect on you. But it does wear off when you become sexually active again and you have practical proof that you still work down there.

there were also suspicions that the cancer had spread because one of the lymph nodes near my kidney had enlarged. But the PET Scan proved there was no hot spot in that area. and over the course of the next few months, the lymph node shrank. Turns out the cancer had caused inflammation in the lymph node. Big relief I'll tell ya.

I'll tell you one thing that is true though... dogs can detect it. I was sleeping at my partners place the night I woke up with the discomfort. she was dog sitting a friend's dog. and when I arrived she jumped straight into my crotch. I pushed her away a few times but she kept coming back. she knew.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Ian4 said:
Its actually quite easy to diagnose if you know what you're looking for. But the reality is that people don't know what to look for. The main symptom is hardness of the testis. testicles are very soft, so if they feel hard or swollen that's when you need to get checked out. an ultrasound is enough to diagnose it and CT scan to confirm it.

I didn't notice any hardness coz I didn't think to check. I just woke up in the middle of the night with some discomfort, then realised there was some swelling. In hindsight, I was tired a lot in the previous months leading up to it and not quite feeling myself.

its a young man's disease with most people being diagnosed between the ages of 18-40. The main cause (the vast majority) is when people's balls drop late (AKA hit puberty later than the average boy). I was diagnosed 2 months before my 39th birthday, which is very late. my "balls dropping late" was not a cause for me. While I can't prove it, I suspect the cause was my mobile phone. I always place my mobile phone in my front right pocket. and it was my right testicle. I asked my oncologist and he couldn't rule it in or out.

The surgery itself was OK. I took 6 weeks off work, but I was right to go after a month (doctor was being extra cautious). But losing an aggot does play on your ego, I can't deny that. the whole emasculation thing does have a psychological effect on you. But it does wear off when you become sexually active again and you have practical proof that you still work down there.

there were also suspicions that the cancer had spread because one of the lymph nodes near my kidney had enlarged. But the PET Scan proved there was no hot spot in that area. and over the course of the next few months, the lymph node shrank. Turns out the cancer had caused inflammation in the lymph node. Big relief I'll tell ya.

I'll tell you one thing that is true though... dogs can detect it. I was sleeping at my partners place the night I woke up with the discomfort. she was dog sitting a friend's dog. and when I arrived she jumped straight into my crotch. I pushed her away a few times but she kept coming back. she knew.
Good on you Ian for posting your story.

Helpful! :fing32

T-Shirt Tommy

Kim Jong Gil
Apr 11, 2011
Ian4 said:

Thank you Ian for sharing. I imagine it would take a lot of courage to both confront this insidious disease and also tell your story.

The_General

Brain washing the kids, one stuffed toy at a time
May 4, 2004
I feel really sorry for Jessie as he's just getting himself up and running.

And to Ian.....well done for sharing your story. I had a recent scare that I was concerned was the same. However the swelling and discomfort disappeared in a week or two and was more groin than nut. Dr's still don't know what caused it. It was a scary thing to think about. Glad you pulled through.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
The_General said:
I feel really sorry for Jessie as he's just getting himself up and running.

And to Ian.....well done for sharing your story. I had a recent scare that I was concerned was the same. However the swelling and discomfort disappeared in a week or two and was more groin than nut. Dr's still don't know what caused it. It was a scary thing to think about. Glad you pulled through.
Hitler only had one ball....