• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Jesse Hogan

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Freo looking at paying Hogan out and cutting him from the list.

What another balls up this has been for Freo

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Cant blame Freo too much for this one.

They were sold the homesick needing to go home to sort his issues out tag and that would be the panacaea for him.

Looks like it might not turn out to be the case.

Shame for him.

Last edited:

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
Feel a bit sorry for him. Has had a few hardships to deal with & clearly hasn’t dealt with them too well.
Looks like yet another unfulfilled talent destined for the AFL scrapheap.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Huge risk recruiting him in the first place.
Too injury prone.
Too many other more important issues outside footy.
Career looks over now

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Feel a bit sorry for him. Has had a few hardships to deal with & clearly hasn’t dealt with them too well.
Looks like yet another unfulfilled talent destined for the AFL scrapheap.
Poor bastard's had knacker cancer, his old man's carked it n he's got navicular fractures in his foot, plus any other trivial matters he may have been dealing with as well over the years. Certainly has been a nightmare all round, reckon the Dees have dodged a bullet with this one n the Frockers have wound up with that same bullet firmly planted up the clacker.
Just goes to show how fraught with danger n problems the recruiting n trading of players is within the AFL circus. Hogan. Beams, Boyd, Schacke, Steven, Yazzy, Bennell etc etc. There's a nightmare hiding around the corner for every club with a single misstep.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
The lad has certainly had a shocking run with some serious impacts on his life.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Give him a year away from footy and with the right levels of support he could return to the AFL at a later date.
Still got age on his side, I think.
Hogan is a half decent footballer, who in the right frame of mind, refreshed and committed would be a pretty handy recruit at most clubs.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
I won't be surprised if he plays again, I hope he does.
Hagdorn who broke the story is the journo who actually starting crying on the radio while breaking the news about Willie Rioli. He's a nasty piece of works, and an Eagles fan who likes to put the boots into the Dockers. He and Damien Barrett are a good pair.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I won't be surprised if he plays again, I hope he does.
Hagdorn who broke the story is the journo who actually starting crying on the radio while breaking the news about Willie Rioli. He's a nasty piece of works, and an Eagles fan who likes to put the boots into the Dockers. He and Damien Barrett are a good pair.
He is a light weight. Hardly rates a mention in the WA footy media.

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
He is a light weight. Hardly rates a mention in the WA footy media.
Agree, but he thinks he's a heavy weight. He's on 6pr every morning and for 2 hours every Saturday, not sure if he still writes for the Sunday times, as I have stopped buying it. He is without doubt my most disliked journo in Australia, a smuck of the highest order.

Here's Hagdorn crying on 6pr about Willie Rioli, what an embarrassment.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Agree, but he thinks he's a heavy weight. He's on 6pr every morning and for 2 hours every Saturday, not sure if he still writes for the Sunday times, as I have stopped buying it. He is without doubt my most disliked journo in Australia, a smuck of the highest order.
Great minds think alike. I stopped buying the Sunday Times years ago. Hagdorn,
Langdon and co. made it so bad you wouldn’t use it to clean up after your dog.

They actually rang me one day a few years ago to offer me a free 6 week trial home delivered. I turned it down and the lady was a bit perplexed. ‘You realise it is free, no obligation attached’ she said. I said yep, I knew that but given I wouldn’t buy it (because it was garbage) after the trial it didn’t seem right to take up the offer.

She laughed, said I was very honest. Then she asked me if I had the West home delivered and I replied no.

A week later I got a letter from some manager at Seven West media thanking me for my feedback and offering me a free 10 week delivery of the Saturday West Australian.

I took that.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Give him a year away from footy and with the right levels of support he could return to the AFL at a later date.
Still got age on his side, I think.
Hogan is a half decent footballer, who in the right frame of mind, refreshed and committed would be a pretty handy recruit at most clubs.
Yeah, someone will want to chase him in 2021/22 but who’d have him? Gold Coast? North?

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
I think Melbourne are the big losers out of this.

Hogan was always a different kat but he was settled and playing good footy at Melbourne.

They let him go and he and they went off the rails.
He was their great white hope. Remember when he took a couple off marks against Rance & he was hailed a champion...