Joan Chapple - Alice Wills Award winner | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Joan Chapple - Alice Wills Award winner

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Firstly, I'd like to acknowledge Joan for her amazing contribution to our club. Member for 77 years and a volunteer in so many different roles. Outstanding servant of the club and so great that the club awarded her the Alice Wills Award for 2022.

Can anyone tell me where Joan is from?

About 20 years ago I met an elderly lady working in the merchandise store at the club. I am sure she said she originally hailed from Western Australia, and as I live in the West we struck up quite a conversation. The lady I met told me about some of her work at the club and her passion for helping the Tigers. When I saw the video clip on the RFC website of Joan getting the Alice Wills Award, I wondered if Joan was that lady I had met.

So if anyone knows where Joan is from, I'd greatly appreciate knowing.

Interestingly, on the same visit I got to meet Ron Reiffel, another club legend IMO.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
Firstly, I'd like to acknowledge Joan for her amazing contribution to our club. Member for 77 years and a volunteer in so many different roles. Outstanding servant of the club and so great that the club awarded her the Alice Wills Award for 2022.

Can anyone tell me where Joan is from?

About 20 years ago I met an elderly lady working in the merchandise store at the club. I am sure she said she originally hailed from Western Australia, and as I live in the West we struck up quite a conversation. The lady I met told me about some of her work at the club and her passion for helping the Tigers. When I saw the video clip on the RFC website of Joan getting the Alice Wills Award, I wondered if Joan was that lady I had met.

So if anyone knows where Joan is from, I'd greatly appreciate knowing.

Interestingly, on the same visit I got to meet Ron Reiffel, another club legend IMO.
she told me many years ago that she grew up in Sunshine
she was always at every training session at punt road with her dog
lovely lady

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
Thanks TH

The lady I met back then obviously wasn’t Joan Chappel.

I wonder who it was.
joan is easy to id, grey haired and wore glasses, was always accompanied by her dog
she was always at training

can you describe the lady at membership more?

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
joan is easy to id, grey haired and wore glasses, was always accompanied by her dog
she was always at training

can you describe the lady at membership more?
It was the merchandise store (superstore?) at the club at the time.

I am sure she said she had moved from WA to Victoria many years before and had worked as a volunteer at the club for many years.

If Joan is Victorian, then that rules her out.

Reactions: 1 user