Jonno Mullins (Coburg Profiles) answers PREnders | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jonno Mullins (Coburg Profiles) answers PREnders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Thanks to Jonno who kindly agreed to answer some questions from PREnders.

1. Do you have any family down here with you?
    No. All of my family are still in the Northern Territory. My girlfriend Megan comes down from time to time and my dad Andy is down at the moment for a couple of weeks which is good.
  2. How did you come to get on Coburg’s list?
    My coach in Darwin rang Des Ryan, who was the General Manager of Coburg at the time and asked if I could come down and try out. I didn’t really know if there was any room on the list for me, but I thought I may as well come down and try my luck anyway. Fortunately, they found room for me and so here I am!
  3. Is it correct you played junior football with Richard Tambling and you are good mates? If so, do you see much of Richie now and does he inspire you to work hard to get picked up by an AFL club too?
    Yes, Richie and I are good mates. We played junior and senior footy together in Darwin. He lives down the road from me and we see each other a lot. He’s always encouraging me.
  4. Is it true you’re related to the Rioli family and if so, what is the relationship?
    Yes. Maurice is mum’s cousin. I know Maurice’s son, Gavin pretty well.
  5. You don’t seem to mind kicking a goal or two. What position have you played most throughout your career and what’s your preferred position?
    Yes, I like kicking goals, although throughout my career I have mostly played back pocket, or rover.
  6. Do you ever go to Richmond games?
    Yes, I go just about every weekend.
  7. How have you found relocating to Melbourne?
    It’s been great but it’s much colder and busier than Darwin and I miss my family.
  8. Have many Richmond listed players helped and encouraged you since your time at Coburg?
    The Richmond boys that play with us from time to time, particularly the senior guys who might play with us when they’re coming back from injury are great and really approachable. Blokes like Trent Knoble and Greg Stafford are easy to talk to and Collo encourages us to sit down and have a chat with them. Richie is obviously the one I speak to the most.
  9. Which players have impacted the way you go about your football?
    Growing up I really liked watching Andrew McLeod play – and still do. I’d love to be able to play like him.
  10. Who is the biggest wag in the team?
    In terms of the Coburg team, definitely James Rimington. He’s a bit of a nutter. You always know when Rimo’s in the room – he’s very loud and never shuts up, but he’s a great bloke and very friendly.
  11. What’s your favourite position?
    Forward pocket – because I like kicking goals!
  12. No bones about it, you are probably the smallest player out there most of the time. Do the opposition hang it on you for that? Do you give some back at them if they do?
    Yes the do give it to me from time to time but I don’t give it back because they are bigger than me. It just makes me more determined to play well.
  13. Do you get to train at Richmond sometimes? How is it structured compared with training just with Coburg?
    Monday nights we actually train at Punt Road but not with the Richmond boys. On Wednesdays and Fridays we train back at Coburg and the Richmond guys who are named in our team for the weekend usually train with us on Friday nights.
  14. Isn’t Andy Collins just great?
    Yeah, Collo is a great coach and a great bloke. I’ve learnt so much from him already and I feel like I’ve improved a lot from last year. He’s very thorough and clear in his instructions as to what he wants from us and he’s always encouraging us to work hard and improve and be professional.
  15. Why do Coburg sometimes wear that inverted jumper (red with blue stripe) when they don’t really have to?
    We usually only wear that jumper when our traditional blue jumper clashes with the opposition team (and we are the away team), although I think we did wear those red jumpers for our first home game against Box Hill at the start of the season but I think that had something to do with our blue jumpers not being available.
  16. How far can you kick?
    Probably 45 metres is about my maximum.
  17. What’s your favourite food?
    Hungry Jack’s
  18. What’s you favourite drink?
    O.J.

JONATHAN MULLINS

No: 31
Height: 166
Weight: 65
Birthdate: 26/06/1986
Previous Clubs: Southern Districts (NT)