Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
tigerlove said:
Has been hot and cold. Was down this week, last week had 5 tackles and the most pressure acts. Previous week was down but game before that 7 tackles and most pressure acts again. So yes a bit inconsistent but can't agree he hasn't been tackling and chasing. He is a little slow so it may show out on the field a bit more but it's not from lack of trying.

Need goals not just pressure.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
jb03 said:
Another whose kicking for goal seems to have fallen away

The one in the first qtr running towards goal and then kicking it on the full from 35 out summed up his night.

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
At his age Caddy should be at the peak of his physical powers. However, he needs to know his limitations (ie, lack of leg speed) and dispose of the ball more quickly and more effectively and not get caught. He has been a good reliable kick for goal over the last two years. I just cannot understand why his goal kicking has dropped away so much recently.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
glenn downing said:
At his age Caddy should be at the peak of his physical powers. However, he needs to know his limitations (ie, lack of leg speed) and dispose of the ball more quickly and more effectively and not get caught. He has been a good reliable kick for goal over the last two years. I just cannot understand why his goal kicking has dropped away so much recently.

hip or knee soreness?

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
Hardwick needs to sit down privately with Caddy and tell him that the club badly needs a very big game from him this week - at least 4 goals and eight goal assists from him would be a good start.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
zippadeee said:
That’s why he is at his 3rd club.

Correct he i what he always was a GOP, same as when he was at the cats. Remember him vividly trying to break tackles in the midfield at the cats and getting caught.... same same last Friday night

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
acatman1 said:
Correct he i what he always was a GOP, same as when he was at the cats. Remember him vividly trying to break tackles in the midfield at the cats and getting caught.... same same last Friday night
Difference is at the Cats he was just a player. At Richmond he is a premiership player.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Is a forward end of story. Never made it as a midfielder at any of the clubs so not sure why we are persisting. Seems to be the one affected the most with Lynch arriving at the club. Smart forward who doesn't have the tank to play anywhere else. In my opinion he shoukd have taken Jack's spot in the current setup.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Smoking Aces said:
Difference is at the Cats he was just a player. At Richmond he is a premiership player.

Not denying that, talking about the player. Cam Mooney was a premiership player at North, had zero possessions. Being a premiership player does not make you a better footballer IMHO, it is a nice title tho.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He is a poor midfielder. I'm on board with that.
The fact we can't send him in there with any confidence despite being a snr player & the glaring need really does highlight his limitations.
Good role player only.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Should of been an AA fwd.
It's not a knock on him that he isn't that good as a mid it's just reality.
At his best he is a very dangerous fwd who is hard to match up on.
We look better with him up fwd.