Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Would pick Caddy over Egg.

Very surprising non-selection with tomorrow's weather conditions.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Would pick Caddy over Egg.

Very surprising non-selection with tomorrow's weather conditions.

Must have wanted to see Egg against some better opposition. If it is about winning the game, if it was a GF, Caddy plays ahead of Egg every day.
This is a mini final so Caddy or Jack G should have played for Egg. Have done enough development this year, time for full on business

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Agree Mervs. Had two games, he would have learnt a lot. Now back to the twos for a while.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Chol & Riewoldt.

Surely Chol / team balance isn’t the reason he’s not playing? When he’s on, Caddy is an AA quality 3 goals 20 touches a game player.

My guess is niggling injuries/fitness, which were too significant to perform through last month.

Whatever the reason, a fit and firing Caddy would be an awesome weapon to bring in for the finals.

Last edited:

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
I thought he would have come straight in this week. I would think he offers more than Graham to the side. I guess the problem with Lynch & Jack is Caddy can't relieve in the ruck & that's where Chol comes in as the 3rd tall or can float down back & obviously relieve in the ruck. I would still prefer Caddy in the side over graham though.

tote

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 10, 2004
Sydney
With Nank due back next week I think you'll see Soldo and Chol out and Nank and Caddy in - have to play Chol with Soldo but not with Nank.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
With Nank due back next week I think you'll see Soldo and Chol out and Nank and Caddy in - have to play Chol with Soldo but not with Nank.
Why? Nank and chol would be a good combo

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Really interesting player, our Josh.

He is quite unique. There is no gilding the lily on pace.

He is slow. He can appear to be running on the spot slow.

But he's a brute, physically and psychologically. He's the nearest we have to a 90kg psycho.

He is possibly the most affected by the addition of Lynch. He's too big and slow to be a small forward, and too short to be a tall forward.

He can't run and shove like Kmac, or pole drive like Towner, or elbow-spoil like Grimes

But I want him in the side in September, unequivocally, even though he has been underwhelming this season.

I reckon the MC is a bit puzzled how to use him and have bought themselves a week leaving him in the VFL.

and maybe (I'll be interested to hear the VFL watchers take), they've decided to use him as on ball enforcer (by mouth and by shoulder)

If a *smile* or a Hutchings or a Greenwood go to Dusty or Cotchy, as they inevitably will, Josh goes to work.

The anti-pc fun police who is not averse to a little of the old modern version of ultra-violence.

Few know that he has a manequin in a Geelong jumper occy strapped to his back veranda that he shakes and jumper punches for hours each day, working on his craft like the frustrated teenage fight dog of a pock-faced MMA instructor. Ask Dion.

Its something we've lacked; the on ball animal mongrel. The Cunnington Rat.

and dusty and cotchy aside, all these disco kids need one.

and who is better placed to perform that role than Josh?

Wether we like it or not, or are in denial like me, Cats are the side to beat.

and whether they like it or not, they gave their toughest prick to us.

Im certainly old fashioned,

But Im talking about Josh playing the enforcer/protecter in his own unique and modern way.

and kicking a few goals in the spaces between the antagonism and the pain.

edit: this swear filter works in mysterious ways. It considers the GWS tagger with a name like a dutch male wild pig, a swear word. fair enough too.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Really interesting player, our Josh.

He is quite unique. There is no gilding the lily on pace.

He is slow. He can appear to be running on the spot slow.

But he's a brute, physically and psychologically. He's the nearest we have to a 90kg psycho.

He is possibly the most affected by the addition of Lynch. He's too big and slow to be a small forward, and too short to be a tall forward.

He can't run and shove like Kmac, or pole drive like Towner, or elbow-spoil like Grimes

But I want him in the side in September, unequivocally, even though he has been underwhelming this season.

I reckon the MC is a bit puzzled how to use him and have bought themselves a week leaving him in the VFL.

and maybe (I'll be interested to hear the VFL watchers take), they've decided to use him as on ball enforcer (by mouth and by shoulder)

If a ****** or a Hutchings or a Greenwood go to Dusty or Cotchy, as they inevitably will, Josh goes to work.

The anti-pc fun police who is not averse to a little of the old modern version of ultra-violence.

Few know that he has a manequin in a Geelong jumper occy strapped to his back veranda that he shakes and jumper punches for hours each day, working on his craft like the frustrated teenage fight dog of a pock-faced MMA instructor. Ask Dion.

Its something we've lacked; the on ball animal mongrel. The Cunnington Rat.

and dusty and cotchy aside, all these disco kids need one.

and who is better placed to perform that role than Josh?

Wether we like it or not, or are in denial like me, Cats are the side to beat.

and whether they like it or not, they gave their toughest prick to us.

Im certainly old fashioned,

But Im talking about Josh playing the enforcer/protecter in his own unique and modern way.

and kicking a few goals in the spaces between the antagonism and the pain.

edit: this swear filter works in mysterious ways. It considers the GWS tagger with a name like a dutch male wild pig, a swear word. fair enough too.

When **** came up, I knew exactly which GWS player you were talking about.

Totally agree on Caddy BTW. He's our Goon.

• Haha

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I hear what your saying eZyT!

Plenty of guys who have good seasons go to water in finals. We have to be wary that a kid like Bolton or Chol might find it overwhelming first time up (could also be the opposite). U need space in your side for blokes like Caddy who like getting physical and getting into the oppositions face. Finals is a physical war.

This is all well and good - the issue for Caddy is there is a bloke named Sydney Stack who has burst onto the scene who has more strings to his bow and also has the physicality.

The key might well be whether they leave stack as a fwd or decide he is needed down back. Its not beyond that they have caddy coming in for Chol and the coaches backing in Nankervis to battle one up once again through September.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I hear what your saying eZyT!

Plenty of guys who have good seasons go to water in finals. We have to be wary that a kid like Bolton or Chol might find it overwhelming first time up (could also be the opposite). U need space in your side for blokes like Caddy who like getting physical and getting into the oppositions face. Finals is a physical war.

This is all well and good - the issue for Caddy is there is a bloke named Sydney Stack who has burst onto the scene who has more strings to his bow and also has the physicality.

The key might well be whether they leave stack as a fwd or decide he is needed down back. Its not beyond that they have caddy coming in for Chol and the coaches backing in Nankervis to battle one up once again through September.

yeah mabs is making it deliciously tough.

hard decisions will hopefully need to be made.

without casting any nasturtiums on Mabs,

I wouldn't yet trust him as far as I could kick him in finals.

But also would be very nervous with Nank {verb for operating an aeroplane} solo,

but would trust big Ivan even less than big Mabs.

very, very tricky.

Surely we cant expect Stackman44 to be a September enforcer before his 20th game?

Surely not?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Maybe after 2 or 3 games back but early on I can't see Nanks rucking on his own without backup, therefore unless Chol loses form totally I can't see him being dropped. Soldo the likely one to go out. He is non existent at ground level and around the ground.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Chol gives us much needed added flexibility. Can see why they're persevering.
However I do agree he's yet to earn complete trust.
Needs to start stringing good performances together leading up to the finals, starting with Sunday vs Poort.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008

The last final that the Tiges and Caddy played in, Caddy was literally the invisible man.
Trailed his opponent to the ball all night, had little impact on the match, and his much vaunted physicality was MIA.
This year, Jack's injury gave him his opportunity to cement his spot which he thoroughly failed to grasp.
Others have taken theirs.
As Zips so elequently expressed, Caddy has been vomit all year.
His form has led him back to the 2's.
Caddy is now back-up.