Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Dimma says we're trying something with Cadds. Maybe to fix his midfield skills. Could be a good depth in midfield next season with Ross and Pickett coming in too.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Dimma says we're trying something with Cadds. Maybe to fix his midfield skills. Could be a good depth in midfield next season with Ross and Pickett coming in too.

My reading of what he said without all the fancy words was "no room for Cadds in the Forward Line these days, so we're giving him a run in midfield - he hasn't cut it there yet but you never know"

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

I think Caddy will struggle to become a regular midfielder. That was his main gripe at Geelong when he came to Richmond citing lack of midfield opportunities. It's no coincidence he has also had limited opportunities at the Tigers. Just doesn't have the tank or pace to see it out as a permanent midfielder. Only way I see him coming back in is for another forward.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hard to tell on the shitty feed but appeared to be on the wing/flank. Hasn't lined up at the centre bounces so far as I can see. Hasn't done much either but I've been watching the Hoks/Cats game for a lot of it.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Can't see him coming back in on this performance. He's just too too slow defensively to play a midfield role.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I think Caddy is at a really interesting juncture. The limited preseason has not helped.

Agree with those who say he can't be a full time mid. However I think he can be impactful in bursts in the middle.

Definitely a more dangerous forward, but how does he fit in with Lynch? And is Jack, Tom and Caddy robbing us off our pace? And has Bolton taken his midfield minutes? It's up to the coaching staff to answer these questions, and at the moment it's hard to argue for him to be in the best 22.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Nothing like Townsend. Caddy instrumental for us for two seasons Towner was five games.
sure... guess I'm talking in the 'now'
the club has shown an interesting balance between a lack of sentiment and designating roles on the field. it's not only me that is questioning Caddys relevance at the moment and rightly so. If they find a fit for him, great, if not, too bad..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Nothing like Townsend. Caddy instrumental for us for two seasons Towner was five games.
Ahh yes, but those games are indelibly imprinted on my memory and should he never play another, his impact on our premiership will live forever more:)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He possibly Could do a Dale Kickett and find his 4th club next year, then 2 years later find his 5th club.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Good support for Jack at high half-forward. Good understanding between the two. Tough and confident finals player. Today's reserves strategy might be to develop his tank running both ways. Makes his presence felt with loads of Swag. I got the impression from yesterday's presser that Hardwick wants him in the side.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Thanks Taz. Interesting. I wonder where he sits with regards to free agency?
Isn’t there something about duration at your current club before you becoame eligible? Eg 8 year’s after being drafted but doesn’t that reset at a new club?

Suspect more likely than not he comes in for Friday night considering he only played 3/4 yesterday.