Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I've never seen him play back, could be a gun there I guess.

The conundrum is where does he add most value for us in 2019? Forward - no more room for him? Midfield - solid but is he better than what we have?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
One thing he definitely is , is a high iq footballer and a blooody good teammate to have out on the park

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
One thing he definitely is , is a high iq footballer and a blooody good teammate to have out on the park
there's some truth in that MrB, but his output this season has diminished, despite his ability to get under the skin of opponents, which is a real asset.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Caddy will bring presence and swagger to September as he did in 17.

Is always in there protecting his team mates and gets in the opposition faces, brings some *smile* to the side.

Also dependable in front of goal.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
there's some truth in that MrB, but his output this season has diminished, despite his ability to get under the skin of opponents, which is a real asset.
Definitely his poorest year for us artball, which of course happens with a limited pre season, I’d just think we are a better team when his on the park and I’d like to think his got enough games under his belt now to be somewhere near his best

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It's not an if with Caddy. It's when. The role is there being trailed right now.

Reckon Short goes out Caddy comes in and plays the same role but more as an interceptor.

Some Jeremy Howe/James Sicily hybrid. The manic handball makes the pace we have.
That’s a big move this time of year. But I am happy to give it a crack.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Simply can’t see a spot for him. Jack and Tom the two talls up front. Nank and Chol (would prefer Balta) as ruck/forward/bench duo. Everyone else has to be either quick or be able to run the pants off people, ala Lambert and Kmac.

I think Caddy has suffered the most from Lynch coming in, but he’s a bloody good upgrade. And I don’t think our midfield is being bullied either, so no real requirements there.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
my view is this (from the other side of the moon so could be barking up the wrong tree)

Caddy struggled after a reduced preseason.
Is dropped for consecutive matches and we run the pants off him. Doing a mini preseason now.
Naturally he has a diminished output in the 2s.
Run run run.

Instead of 80 fwd 20 mid it will be 40 fwd 60mid. Changing with Stacky and Shai and Dusty.

No chance of backline. We have just loaded up with run n gun types there. Have speed will play.
Not likely to send Cadds to the fast lane

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Firstly he's shown at his best he's an excellent play however Caddy finds himself out of the side because he only kicked 2 goals from his last 5 games. We lost 3 of those 5 games. Once the goals dry up, that diminishes his role as a forward target. Coupled with his limited in his ability to impact in the midfield, he left himself vulnerable.
Now with Riewoldt, Lynch & Chol as key targets, our game plan has evolved by surrounding the talls with speedy smalls. Josh is on the outer mainly because of this.
Can he force his way back in? Perhaps he can but I'm not convinced.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Caddy will bring presence and swagger to September as he did in 17.

Is always in there protecting his team mates and gets in the opposition faces, brings some **** to the side.

Also dependable in front of goal.
Agree. It's just that in 2019, he will do it with the VFL side.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He possibly Could do a Dale Kickett and find his 4th club next year, then 2 years later find his 5th club.

Not a good sign especially only 5 weeks out to the finals..
He might actually play for his 4th side next year..
Especially with Balta waiting in the wings.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Interesting goings on , Dimma says Grover likely to be back in ...NEK MINNIT . ....no change

Caddy not nanmed in VFL .......... what is this Witchcraft going on at Punt Road ........................