Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Reckon when he came back in after his stint in the 2s, he and maybe Dimma weren't sure if he was upto the task........ looked like it's all clicked and the longer the game went played as if he was saying. ..... this is my spot and I'm not gonna lose it now!

Reactions: 1 user

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Reckon when he came back in after his stint in the 2s, he and maybe Dimma weren't sure if he was upto the task........ looked like it's all clicked and the longer the game went played as if he was saying. ..... this is my spot and I'm not gonna lose it now!
Yep, he knows what he has to do. The thing that blows me away is how much better we look structurally when he's in. He's just an important link and power player. Glad he's back.

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Yep, he knows what he has to do. The thing that blows me away is how much better we look structurally when he's in. He's just an important link and power player. Glad he's back.
Reckon he trimmed down whilst learning his new role. Looks like he has come back a slimmer, lighter version so he can run more.

Reactions: 4 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
It's like since going to the wing it's taking him a qtr or so to adjust to the pace of the game. Then once he has he is really impacting.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Gee he was at his lippy best on Saturday night. Would have love to hear what he was saying to Robertson and Gardiner at various stages of the match. Gardiner looked like he was about to curl up into the fetal position.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Gee he was at his lippy best on Saturday night. Would have love to hear what he was saying to Robertson and Gardiner at various stages of the match. Gardiner looked like he was about to curl up into the fetal position.

haha. yep our cads is clearly a white-line animal.

part of me hopes one day he's fat and broke and does a novelty boxing match with Toby Greene, whose fatter and broker.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
haha. yep our cads is clearly a white-line animal.

part of me hopes one day he's fat and broke and does a novelty boxing match with Toby Greene, whose fatter and broker.
Not sure Toby will live that long.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Has taken up K-Macs role on the wing and is doing is very well.

Absolutely has. And what we are missing on defensive running we are making up in spades going the other way and ball winning ability. Stood up all night and when the heat was on, had a heap of time on the ball. Also becoming an outlet for the long kick. Having another solid September.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
And his calm side step to make clear space and direct a crisp disposal forward. Some slice and dice from the SugarCaddy

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Which is what I love seeing. I thought he and Robertson were gonna face each other like bulls.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Nice to have a winger with composure and good decision making and kicking skills.
Interesting how we have agreed on this one, Chops. What about a big, effective tap ruckman too? Even if he could take more marks around the ground and follow-up more?
No question Soldo's making a significant impact and has improved our clearances markedly.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Interesting how we have agreed on this one, Chops. What about a big, effective tap ruckman too? Even if he could take more marks around the ground and follow-up more?
No question Soldo's making a significant impact and has improved our clearances markedly.

We've lost the clearances in the last two games against Brisbane and when Soldo rucked on his own quite significantly (48 - 32)

Maybe the quality of some of our clearances are better though as Dusty and Soldo do appear to have a good rapport.

While I dont mind Soldo and I think the two rucks works OK for now the jury is still out for me long term. Tempted still to go Nank and support from someone like Balta as Balta improves.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
We've lost the clearances in the last two games against Brisbane and when Soldo rucked on his own quite significantly (48 - 32)

Maybe the quality of some of our clearances are better though as Dusty and Soldo do appear to have a good rapport.

While I dont mind Soldo and I think the two rucks works OK for now the jury is still out for me long term. Tempted still to go Nank and support from someone like Balta as Balta improves.
we need both as a backup. There is no second chances from now on! Both are aggresive (Nank more so) but what I saw Ivan resting with ball, clearing a path, Nank tackling hard and chasing. These are good signs. One thing, I mentioned this before, but Caddy's goal from the fifty, was the sweetest kick ever. We need him involved in the game and the wing is ideal.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

I wasn't sure either, good on him for making it stick. Playing great.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Prestia 2017 all over. No pre season, no confidence in his body. Form and fitness along with playing some different roles. Presto - a September to remember (we all hope!)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This guys not getting much of a mention. Caddy's big body and mongrel will need to be on song this Saturday. I expect him to give extra attention to anyone carrying an injury and also look to give De Boer a hard time.

Reactions: 3 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
This guys not getting much of a mention. Caddy's big body and mongrel will need to be on song this Saturday. I expect him to give extra attention to anyone carrying an injury and also look to give De Boer a hard time.
I reckon if Big Mummy starts something, Cadds will be first in to fly the flag. Closely followed by Nank.

Reactions: 4 users