Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
We may need to switch to more ball playing wings, whether that be Naish or Ralph-Smith. These rule changes may benefit someone like Naish.
It may. Bruise free footy is in vogue. It’s terrible really, I’ve lost interest in watching the amount of uncontested footy I’m seeing. The commentators are creaming themselves to praise shocking and the rule changes. I prefer more of a contest.

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It may. Bruise free footy is in vogue. It’s terrible really, I’ve lost interest in watching the amount of uncontested footy I’m seeing. The commentators are creaming themselves to praise shocking and the rule changes. I prefer more of a contest.

Absolutely, me too. I posted about that on the game day thread.

We were crap today, we know that, but if that chip, chip, chip with no contest from one end to the other is the way footy is going then it will turn a lot of people away from the sport.

I love the contest and feel we have lost way too much of it with these rule changes.

I hated the footy played today, complete bruise free. Fair play to the swans, they easily outworked us, but that is not an engaging game for supporters.

To me, it almost feels like a modified version of AFLX.

Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Absolutely, me too. I posted about that on the game day thread.

We were crap today, we know that, but if that chip, chip, chip with no contest from one end to the other is the way footy is going then it will turn a lot of people away from the sport.

I love the contest and feel we have lost way too much of it with these rule changes.

I hated the footy played today, complete bruise free. Fair play to the swans, they easily outworked us, but that is not an engaging game for supporters.

To me, it almost feels like a modified version of AFLX.
Marks are more valuable than ever because of the ‘Stand.’
In perfect conditions like today, slice and dice was certainly the go

zgod

Tiger Champion
Feb 25, 2008
Looks lost up the field.
Always liked him as a fwd.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Have no intention of watching it again, but from my seat near the very top of the southern stand he didn't appear to be among our worst.
Agree , poor day from the 23 , though Cadds wasn’t great I’d say he was far from the worst , just an easy target for his critics after a loss

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Agree , poor day from the 23 , though Cadds wasn’t great I’d say he was far from the worst , just an easy target for his critics after a loss
2 contested possessions, doesn't run and carry or cover the ground like a wingman should, I have always thought he same not just yesterday. If he plays forward he will kick goals. He is a very good contested mark and one on one player up forward. They must be worried about his pressure up forward, but he also gets exposed on the wide open wings when has to make ground. I like him just up forward and pinch hit in the GUTS??

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
2 contested possessions, doesn't run and carry or cover the ground like a wingman should, I have always thought he same not just yesterday. If he plays forward he will kick goals. He is a very good contested mark and one on one player up forward. They must be worried about his pressure up forward, but he also gets exposed on the wide open wings when has to make ground. I like him just up forward and pinch hit in the GUTS??
I too lIke him as a forward , if he hasn’t played his role as he should he’ll most likely be dropped , agree he’s not quick, however I’d imagine we are playing him on a wing due to his footy skills and smarts , I think we are trying to ad a goal kicking wingman into the mix not just 2 hard running defensive types. My point re he’s criticism yesterday was simply that when we get beat , we like to whack our whipping boys for the loss

123cups

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016
Needs a refresher of whatever Richmond mindfulness he learned in 2017 that allowed him to control his aggression. I never want to see our players berating each other over skill errors. His aggression is an asset when his head space is properly tuned, so I hope the club continues to help him get on top of that.

Last edited: