Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
We already have 2 forwards who are out of the contest as soon as the ball hits the deck, we don't need a 3rd unless he can also ruck.
Our small forwards these days are required to work all the way up the ground, not just around half forward, and stream forward when we get the pill. This is not Caddy's domain, I think his role is purely a backup these days, not best 22.
I get what you are saying but he plays wing and mid so he has more running power than Jack and Lynchy doesnt he? Surely he can pressure well enough up forward? Its a bit of cost- benefit , tough contested mark and can goal , maybe tad less forward pressure. Prefer him to george at minute, we have to tinker with George eventually

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
I get what you are saying but he plays wing and mid so he has more running power than Jack and Lynchy doesnt he? Surely he can pressure well enough up forward? Its a bit of cost- benefit , tough contested mark and can goal , maybe tad less forward pressure. Prefer him to george at minute, we have to tinker with George eventually
He needs to break into George’s safe and steal the pics

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
If he's fit and ready, I'd play him as a forward.
Don't reckon the Tigers have much to lose by rolling the dice on Caddy.
He'll be keen to try and regain his spot in the team.
It won't be for lack of trying if his form doesn't warrant ongoing/continued selection.
Castagna's mare of a season to date wouldn't be too difficult to eclipse on the upside, surely?

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
If he's fit and ready, I'd play him as a forward.
Don't reckon the Tigers have much to lose by rolling the dice on Caddy.
He'll be keen to try and regain his spot in the team.
It won't be for lack of trying if his form doesn't warrant ongoing/continued selection.
Castagna's mare of a season to date wouldn't be too difficult to eclipse on the upside, surely?

He may get a game as a midfielder, the way we're going at the minute.

Reactions: 2 users

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Said it b4 - this bloke is a seriously good fwd, Remember when he stood in for Jack and kicked around half a dozen???? He is a great mark and kicks straight (isnt that novel), Big fan and want him back as fwd line is pretty poor right now, This wing experiment has ruined a good player IMHO.

Reactions: 1 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Get him in and play him forward. It's not like the small are doing a great job defensively and he is more likely to provide a target.

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yep if he's going to play seniors that's got to be the role. He's given Dusty a chop out in the past successfully & can definitely find the goals.

Might even be worth resting Jack & trying a different setup with Caddy & maybe CJ as part of it.
I reckon Jack is only just going atm , only taken 5 contested marks

Caddy deep , Rioli onto a wing

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
When was the last game of footy Caddy played? It's been a few weeks.
He played vfl 2 weeks ago against Casey Head butted a player but didn’t get reported. Played angrier than he usually does.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
With our injury riddled midfield especially inside mids is caddy an option ? We need some bigger bodies in there it was noticeable against the cats.

Reactions: 2 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Don't hold as much hope he can return to quality AFL footy as most. Definitely not in the midfield...Too slow to transition which is always key for us.

Possibly forward, but think AFL is beyond him, especially in our setup now.

Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He played vfl 2 weeks ago against Casey Head butted a player but didn’t get reported. Played angrier than he usually does.
Ah, yeah. I was away that weekend. He didn't play the week before that, though. So not much footy for Josh this year.

Don't hold as much hope he can return to quality AFL footy as most. Definitely not in the midfield...Too slow to transition which is always key for us.

Possibly forward, but think AFL is beyond him, especially in our setup now.
Unfortunately I feel similarly.