Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The HUN going with “at least one interstate club has been raised as a genuine option but any deal would only involve a late pick”.

That narrows it down to 8 clubs then.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I soundly believe that he would be a great get for the Pies and I think Fly and Leppa would agree. They could easily re-arrange that forward line into a far more mobile unit. They clearly don't have 2 talls, so Cadds playing as a medium sized forward would work in their forward line, alongside Mihocek and with smalls such as Elliott and others around them. They may even play Mihocek as a mid sizer too, and use Will Kelly as the tall. Having him develop with Cadds and Mihocek blocking for him would be invaluable.

Whilst I understand their cap is tight, you'd think that adding a 2nd year with a trigger for a 3rd (no-one else will give him a 3 year trigger) they can then average his salary out across the full 3 years. He'd be the perfect person in their forward line to give them structure and both Leppa and Fly know what he can do in an undersized forward line.

Potentially trading 1 of our 2nds and Cadds to the Pies for their 2nd next year would work for both. It gives them the points they need for Daicos and also gives them Cadds who would be a good pickup. Essentially we aren't even really getting anything for him, just packaging up with a pick that may not even gain an upgrade (depending on how the pies go next year).

The Hawks might be the other one if they trade Gunston. Basically a cheap replacement for Gunston without having to pay anything for him. I guess the Kangas could potentially be interested in him as a forward also. Medium sized option to take a tall away from Larkey etc.
Collingwood a good fit. Top idea.
In terms of leadership, driving the club to success and on field spirit both Carlton and Gold Coast should look at him. They have talented players but not the dedication, so taking Cadds in Hodge/Birchall role would help the clubs.
North have Ziebell as that strong utility, played Z down back so I can't see them bringing in Caddy

BrisTiger24

Chimp's Love of the Tiger
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
He was racking up big numbers in the VFL this year. Played to his strengths. Why can't we facilitate that in the seniors? Or as a permanent forward option?

Either way, would rather keep him for another year rather than cash in for a rubbish pick. Unless we can use him to upgrade one of our first round picks.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Collingwood a good fit. Top idea.
In terms of leadership, driving the club to success and on field spirit both Carlton and Gold Coast should look at him. They have talented players but not the dedication, so taking Cadds in Hodge/Birchall role would help the clubs.
North have Ziebell as that strong utility, played Z down back so I can't see them bringing in Caddy
Fly might be intrested in taking him across.

K3

Tiger Champion
Oct 9, 2006
He was racking up big numbers in the VFL this year. Played to his strengths. Why can't we facilitate that in the seniors? Or as a permanent forward option?

Either way, would rather keep him for another year rather than cash in for a rubbish pick. Unless we can use him to upgrade one of our first round picks.
Where about was he playing in the VFL mate?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The HUN going with “at least one interstate club has been raised as a genuine option but any deal would only involve a late pick”.

That narrows it down to 8 clubs then.
Id say you could rule out West Coast, Sydney, GWS, Brisbane and Port.

Would be Goldies or Frockers, most likely, although the Crows could do with another forward.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'm happy for him to see his contract out at the RFC unless they see him moving him out for salary cap room to accommodate a key trade in or FA.

Reactions: 3 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Still reckon he is better as a forward. Could be useful as a mobile leading forward but where would we fit him?

DS
I will always have a great respect for CAD! one mistake, we didn't give Caddy a chance to play in the forward line this year. Now, it's at the cross roads, we can't afford to give another year if we have no intentions of playing him. He is a Richmond Man, he has given plenty for us. 2017 & 2018 were his better years, 2019 was very serviceable too. Should be given the opportunity on his terms to move.

Reactions: 2 users

toothless

Don't push me 'cos I'm close to the edge...
Aug 16, 2009
With all due respect Josh for having been an important member of two premiershis, I'll be surprised if he's picked up at another club next season. For his & our salary cap's sake I hope he can

thegdog

Tiger Superstar
Sep 28, 2009
And this waste of space is being followed and idolised by thousands of stupid people. No wonder the current world is cactus

Reactions: 4 users