Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Elite speed from his wing opponents made him look slower. He is strong and uses his body well in forward contests. I would be happy to leave him in the Townsend role.

Reactions: 3 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I was howling on his recruitment. So slow. Can't change lanes. But he was awesome as a tall forward and was classy in 2019 on a wing. Sometimes class will get you through.

Been a fine servant of the club. I hope he finds a happy home.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If rumours are to believed he won't be back at Tigerland after an alleged fallout, yet no mention of him finding a new home during trade period.
Where is Josh Caddy at?
There has been no mention of his name at all. Safe to assume he stays and fights his way back into the team.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
If rumours are to believed he won't be back at Tigerland after an alleged fallout, yet no mention of him finding a new home during trade period.
Where is Josh Caddy at?

Don't think even Zip has mentioned this and he posts/invents most rumours going round.
Caddy is contracted and surely if the Club wanted him out we’d have heard about possible offers to other clubs.
Reckon he’s got a role as a solid depth player who might well play 10 games next year

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
There’s still 1 day & 11 hours to go, he may yet still be a late salary cap dump for a throwaway pick.

Last edited:

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We're not a club that forces players to leave. We honor contracts and treat our players with respect, not like meat. We only facilitate a trade if a player wants to leave.

Josh Caddy helped us win 3 flags and is a life member of the club. That's worth more than a salary dump and junk picks.

Reactions: 15 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Also with both Chol and CJ gone, we have a very raw Samson as a forward backup.
So I wouldnt be surprised if Caddy isnt transformed again into his 2017/18 role as a short tall forward.

It might also mean Garthy is kept

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Where is Josh Caddy at?
How more years has he got.
2017, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22.
When we picked him up at the end of 2016 be wasn't offered a 6 year deal.
Either way he isnt best 22.
The club either keeps him or trades him.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
with so many injuries in 2021 he only managed 6 games. Was it a year of playing as many kids as possible or has the pencil gone though his name. With the number of draft picks (unless we bundle and get higher picks) we really should look to find Josh a 4th club. Full circle return to the Suns??? Not looking for any trade deal, just a list spot would be a win IMO.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
8 snr games in 2020 & only 6 last year. Clearly he's well out of favour either due to form or team structure.
Might have helped win us a couple of flags but will he help us win the next one is the most important question.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I reckon it is team structure which mainly keeps him out. He is slow but also smart and has other good aspects like being mouthy and decent defensively. I still think he is best as a mid sized forward but there is limited scope to put him there. Just doesn't really fit any more. At the moment his best role is as a back up forward which isn't going to get him many games.

DS

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Amazed he hasn't been moved on. The relationship with the club is fractured.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Do we know that? I am sure that he has been disappointed at not getting picked especially when his vfl form was so good, quite rightly imo.
I haven't heard anything beyond that

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I expect his name has done the rounds from both the club and his management. Clearly no takers at this stage. Considering clubs can't fit O'Meara and Mitchell in its no real surprise. He is probably on 350-400 and clubs aren't going to pay that for someone whose best footy is behind him.

Hartley has made a few strange re-contracting decisions. Castagna, Jack (which cost us CCJ), Martyn (for 2 years), Aarts and Caddy. Meanwhile he leaves CCJ out of contract.

Might be a payout coming and then preseason draft option I expect. Both parties probably hoping the other initiates it.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
His 2019 GF performance has been badly overlooked. Had a great game. Suppose they all did but still….
He got badly exposed on the wing a few times in 2020 due to lack of speed and endurance - Brad Hill and Issac Smith tore him a new one in those early games we lost at the G.

I expect coaches lost faith in him on the wing after those games and he was left fighting with Ross, RCD, Dow et al for an inside mid role.

He sooked it up at VFL level a few times last year after being the medical sub at senior level which didn't go down well. His own worst enemy at times.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I expect his name has done the rounds from both the club and his management. Clearly no takers at this stage. Considering clubs can't fit O'Meara and Mitchell in its no real surprise. He is probably on 350-400 and clubs aren't going to pay that for someone whose best footy is behind him.

Hartley has made a few strange re-contracting decisions. Castagna, Jack (which cost us CCJ), Martyn (for 2 years), Aarts and Caddy. Meanwhile he leaves CCJ out of contract.

Might be a payout coming and then preseason draft option I expect. Both parties probably hoping the other initiates it.
clubs had been approaching CCJ for at least 2 seasons now and his management might have sat on an offer from us , or hinted to us that he will seek more pay and games elsewhere so we didn't offer , lots going on that we don't see

Reactions: 1 users