Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Thanks for being such a vital and important part in our success since you came over to us. Added mongrel and skill to our list. Helped get a couple of his mates over to us to continue our success.

But also thank you for being a part ( inadvertently) to this :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Josh. And never forget he gave us this. One of my favourite all time YouTube text overs.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Loved Caddy.
So Vital at the start of our run.
Great role player.

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
He did us proud when he played and deservedly got his premiership medals. Good luck to Josh and hope he has continued success in wherever his future takes him

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Think he owes Presita a couple of beers for talking him into coming to RFC

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Frees up a spot on our list. An opportunity for someone else.

Nice move. Selfless like Griggs decision to retire.

The Richmond Man way.

Reactions: 12 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Frees up a spot on our list. An opportunity for someone else.

Nice move. Selfless like Griggs decision to retire.

The Richmond Man way.

Just saw a video on the RFC website where he references Shaun Grigg for this exact reason, amongst others for his sudden retirement.

I'm sure it was a tough decision but I'm really happy to hear him say that. He's a true Tiger and a good sport.

Onya Cadds.

Edit - Here's the link to the video - https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1651732451001

Reactions: 12 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Players walked taller with him. Was a huge part of us becoming hard to play against.

Walks away to open up a spot on the list, putting the club first, that further solidifies what he has done at the club.

There was a time when he was laser like kicking at goal. That 2017 season he had gets underrated. Thank you Cadds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Damn good footballer at his peak. Someone else said it - clutch player. Kicked important goals in big games. Wish him the best and thank him for helping deliver 2 premierships!

Reactions: 7 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
always unselfish was Cadds, did his hammy (on purpose ?) Rd 21 down at the shittery to allow Towner to come in & kick, 6,5,2,1 & 2 on the way to premiership glory

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
cheers to Josh Caddy.
deservedly has 2 prem medals and i enjoyed him mouthing off at the opposition given any opportunity ..

Reactions: 6 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Yep, his arrogance and in your face attitude was a breath of fresh air in 2017 when for so long we were bullied and pushed about.
His niggle on Lever in 2017 GF is underrated.

Reactions: 10 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Tough unit who could back up his lip with some serious game at his peak… Shame the speed of the game went past him. I enjoyed watching him with cat supporting mates who would always swear and curse that he never played like that for them!
Was always labeled can’t miss caddy by us within 30m on any angle

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I loved Josh's work in the '17, '18 and '19 seasons where he played much taller than his actual height and had that mean streak which made other players walk taller too. He was a great mark and knew how to kick a goal.

It's a shame for him that his mate Lynch eventually took his spot up forward and he never really locked down an alternative position, but he's achieved more than many other AFL players with two flags. I do hope he wasn't pushed out and this is a selfless act by him to give up his list position and give us a crack at another player in the mid season draft, but either way it probably was the right decision and he wasn't going to get back into the team.

I wish him all the best post AFL footy and I'm sure there'd be some local teams who would be very interested in his services. Thanks Cadds!

Well put.

Maybe the game went past him in that it has become faster and you only have to be half a yard slower than others and you aren't as competitive any more.

Caddy was vital in 2017, we really needed someone in addition to Riewoldt to compete in marking contests and kick some goals. Plus, the attitude he brought was invaluable.

He played for 3 clubs, but he won flags at 1 club. Always a Tiger now.

DS

Reactions: 2 users