Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Re: Welcome to Tigerland - Josh Caddy

the 3 ins make our list better. we need more skill, we got 3 skilled players. we cant argue with that, The have done the hard yards and are ready to delivery. Nankervis probably has 2-3 years more to hit his peek.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Coburgtiger said:
What a stupid trade.

What is actually our plan? Load up with mature aged Midfielders, trade out our forward line and our draft picks, so we can half rebuild, half challenge and ultimately do nothing?

I would have much rathered if we had loaded up in this draft. Particularly since we've decided to trade out Deledio to the guys who will be smashing the entire competition for the next 5 years.

We're trying to cram open our window with a crowbar, whilst helpfully chocking open the giants' one.

Plus Caddy is an ineffective, one paced plodder.

Oh well. Welcome to Tiger land. I really hope I'm wrong, and he's about to break out. It's possible, but I don't see it.

It's Short Cut Central at RFC, CT.

This club has never embraced the draft. The one exception was 2004 and we *smile* it royally.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Never Caddy's biggest fan as most know.

This deal is about his right price now though. Happy to have him on board.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne

I like Caddy. He is exactly the Bull at a gate midfielder that we have needed for a couple of years now.

For the record, in his draft year my first choice would have been Tom Lynch. Caddy and Prestia were not far behind him though and I liked the look of Conca as a second round pick.

This trade period has set the record straight on that Draft. When does Tom Lynch qualify for Free Agency? Hopefully he joins the boys in two years’ time and the excuse of having to rebuild in a compromised draft is put to rest, once and for all.

This trade period could be our game-changer.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007

Coburgtiger said:
What a stupid trade.

What is actually our plan? Load up with mature aged Midfielders, trade out our forward line and our draft picks, so we can half rebuild, half challenge and ultimately do nothing?

I would have much rathered if we had loaded up in this draft. Particularly since we've decided to trade out Deledio to the guys who will be smashing the entire competition for the next 5 years.

We're trying to cram open our window with a crowbar, whilst helpfully chocking open the giants' one.

Plus Caddy is an ineffective, one paced plodder.

Oh well. Welcome to Tiger land. I really hope I'm wrong, and he's about to break out. It's possible, but I don't see it.

Take a breath. It may be chock full of mids but we could only pick one of them.
Now if Lids wants out
And goes GWS, we will land 13 anyway.

We actually do already have quite a few ypungsters still developing - eg. C Ellis, Rioli , Markov etc. our list is pretty young, particularly with Deledio leaving.
Weve got 13 instead of 6, if we kept 6 and no Prestia, then 6 and 13, we would probably pick at least one dud

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

We've finally found a replacement for Jacko. Get on chimp for the Brownlow in 2017

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009

Our midfield rotation now: Cotchin Martin Caddy Prestia Miles Edwards Grigg Vlaustin Ellis Menadue Rioli prob forgot someone

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007

thegdog said:
Our midfield rotation now: Cotchin Martin Caddy Prestia Miles Edwards Grigg Vlaustin Ellis Menadue Rioli prob forgot someone

Conca..

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

thegdog said:

Conca :hihi

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

thegdog said:

Moore, Townsend, Morris,

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

Leysy Days said:
Never Caddy's biggest fan as most know.

This deal is about his right price now though. Happy to have him on board.

My thoughts exactly. Fills a need too.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

Happy with Caddy. He is a solid B grade player. Prestia B+/A-. We are improving our upper depth here which is what we have been lacking.

doherz

Tiger Superstar
Apr 24, 2004
Tigerland
www.informtech.com.au

Ridley said:
Meh.

Would rather have drafted a good kid in the deep draft.

Yet another plodder at RFC. My Geelong mates will be ecstatic.

Hardly a plodder if you get 18 games in a prelim team. Will add grunt and size to the midfield.
Id rather get Caddy than an unknown, raw kid we cant develop. Go to the draft heavily when we have decent recruiters and development staff.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!

Like it. Not so much because I desperately want caddy but because I think it makes Cotchin and Martin far better and more dangerous players. There is no coincidence that Cotchin was one of the premium mids in the comp when he had Tucky, Jacko and Foley getting it out to him. We have missed them massively. They have tried the cheap options of Townsend and Moore with no success - Prestia and caddy are far better than those two. Looking fwd to seeing what he brings!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

So where does the recruitment of Caddy and Prestia leave guys like Conca, Andrew Moore, Townsend, Lambert?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

tigerlove said:
So where does the recruitment of Caddy and Prestia leave guys like Conca, Andrew Moore, Townsend, Lambert?

Starting 18 of the VFL Team

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

doherz said:
Hardly a plodder if you get 18 games in a prelim team. Will add grunt and size to the midfield.
Id rather get Caddy than an unknown, raw kid we cant develop. Go to the draft heavily when we have decent recruiters and development staff.

Excellent strategy. The draft has been proven to be completely overrated.

By the way; whatever happened to the big changes that were supposed to happen in the recruiting area? Deck chairs; Titanic.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

tigerlove said:

In the VFL team, hopefully, LT

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

tigerlove said:

Moore will be delisted. If Conca can stay fit, he is a best 22 player. Leaves Townsend in the VFL and delisted at the end of the year. Lambert is an interesting one. If he can play like the first month of this year, he is a best 22 player, if he plays like the back end, he will be a VFL player.