Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Have no intention of watching it again, but from my seat near the very top of the southern stand he didn't appear to be among our worst.
Agree , poor day from the 23 , though Cadds wasn’t great I’d say he was far from the worst , just an easy target for his critics after a loss

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Agree , poor day from the 23 , though Cadds wasn’t great I’d say he was far from the worst , just an easy target for his critics after a loss
2 contested possessions, doesn't run and carry or cover the ground like a wingman should, I have always thought he same not just yesterday. If he plays forward he will kick goals. He is a very good contested mark and one on one player up forward. They must be worried about his pressure up forward, but he also gets exposed on the wide open wings when has to make ground. I like him just up forward and pinch hit in the GUTS??

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
2 contested possessions, doesn't run and carry or cover the ground like a wingman should, I have always thought he same not just yesterday. If he plays forward he will kick goals. He is a very good contested mark and one on one player up forward. They must be worried about his pressure up forward, but he also gets exposed on the wide open wings when has to make ground. I like him just up forward and pinch hit in the GUTS??
I too lIke him as a forward , if he hasn’t played his role as he should he’ll most likely be dropped , agree he’s not quick, however I’d imagine we are playing him on a wing due to his footy skills and smarts , I think we are trying to ad a goal kicking wingman into the mix not just 2 hard running defensive types. My point re he’s criticism yesterday was simply that when we get beat , we like to whack our whipping boys for the loss

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Needs a refresher of whatever Richmond mindfulness he learned in 2017 that allowed him to control his aggression. I never want to see our players berating each other over skill errors. His aggression is an asset when his head space is properly tuned, so I hope the club continues to help him get on top of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Are those saying Caddy should be played as a forward doing so because we need a third tallish forward OR are they saying Caddy needs to be in the team and forward is his best position (as he cannot play well anywhere else)?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Talent wise Caddy is in our best 22.

He is just too slow to be played as a winger.

Half forward for me.

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Are those saying Caddy should be played as a forward doing so because we need a third tallish forward OR are they saying Caddy needs to be in the team and forward is his best position (as he cannot play well anywhere else)?
It's really a win win. Our forward line is not functioning this year. Caddy is a guy you want on your team. He's also going to demand an opponent, and make a defender honest, which gives Tom and Jack a chance.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
We already have 2 forwards who are out of the contest as soon as the ball hits the deck, we don't need a 3rd unless he can also ruck.
Our small forwards these days are required to work all the way up the ground, not just around half forward, and stream forward when we get the pill. This is not Caddy's domain, I think his role is purely a backup these days, not best 22.

Reactions: 3 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
As others have mentioned if he is going to play , play him forward where he can bash & crash & he will kick his 1 or 2 a game as well as give another target.

But he can only play if we went with Tom & Jack, if CCJ plays as well there is no room for him.