Jumper Shuffle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jumper Shuffle

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Titus 970
Richo 800
KB 778
Riewoldt 755

Can Riewoldt kick 46 to get to second spot? Kicked 51 last year, then just 40 this year? :unsure:
Like him to stop at 35 after round 15 and then 2 in the qf, 2 in the pf and 7 in the gf.
800 would be a respectful place to finish.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Surely Gibcus gets 18?
I could see Josh in 12 to be honest, or the #18 but I'd like someone to take the #28 to heights it hasn't seen, and the Gibbus might be the man. Push Up, Andy Preston, Hulka McQueen and Pete Czerkaski the only others of real note to wear it off the top of my head in the last 40 years. Mark Merenda wore it for a season after starting in #39, then went to 8.

Hopper might take 12, but I have a feeling Hopper might wind up in the #23 or even the #24.

Bash and Lambo to present them pre game round 1 next year.

Miller or Cumbo for #16, but I can also see Cumbo in the #23 as well or the #22.

Will see who puts their hand up for what.

Colin Waterson?
Young KKPP left after 1981 trouble breaking into such a strong line up. Could play but went to WA.

Along with Stephen Pirrie were looked at as future Key players, but Waterson went West and Pirries knee exploded at Arden Street on the eve of the 1982 Finals.

Then 1983 hqappened ...................................................................

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I could see Josh in 12 to be honest, or the #18 but I'd like someone to take the #28 to heights it hasn't seen, and the Gibbus might be the man. Push Up, Andy Preston, Hulka McQueen and Pete Czerkaski the only others of real note to wear it off the top of my head in the last 40 years. Mark Merenda wore it for a season after starting in #39, then went to 8.

Hopper might take 12, but I have a feeling Hopper might wind up in the #23 or even the #24.

Bash and Lambo to present them pre game round 1 next year.

Miller or Cumbo for #16, but I can also see Cumbo in the #23 as well or the #22.

Will see who puts their hand up for what.

Agree craigo. I want to see someone grow number 28 again as we've now seen with Bolts and #29. KB will be happy.

Said it a million times on here but Mozza should get #18 next to Dan.

You're number 16 will have another go.....again. :mhihi Still don't know how Aarts got it so quick??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
The numbers won't get assigned until after the draft in a few weeks.
So I'll have a go:

10 Sonz (to learn off former Captain Chimpah Cotchinator)
12 Miller
13 Never to be assigned again (unless Fabulous Phil Egan has any eligible offspring!)
14 Quentin
16 Dan (this way has adjoining locker to Moju and gets lower number as the Senior player)
17 Moju
18 Gibba (maybe Gibba in 12 and Miller 18; can live with that)
22 Dennis
23 Hugo (Hugo to learn off Dennis)
26 Cumbo (he may stay in 38 if he likes it)

Wouldn't change any other numbers.
Dow, Banks, Juddy, Bauer, Biggy stay with same.

Managing Director of Pain Department likes 50.
Guess what? He can keep it.
I won't be asking him to change. I need my teeth!
(Yes I know he's a lovely man, just keeping the fearsome persona alive!)

This would leave Vacants as:

13, 24, 36, 37, 38, 40, 44(oh Syd a Knee, woe is me!), 45, 46, 49.

A bit of fun on a slow Sat'dee arvo!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The numbers won't get assigned until after the draft in a few weeks.
So I'll have a go:

10 Sonz (to learn off former Captain Chimpah Cotchinator)
12 Miller
13 Never to be assigned again (unless Fabulous Phil Egan has any eligible offspring!)
14 Quentin
16 Dan (this way has adjoining locker to Moju and gets lower number as the Senior player)
17 Moju
18 Gibba (maybe Gibba in 12 and Miller 18; can live with that)
22 Dennis
23 Hugo (Hugo to learn off Dennis)
26 Cumbo (he may stay in 38 if he likes it)

Wouldn't change any other numbers.
Dow, Banks, Juddy, Bauer, Biggy stay with same.

Managing Director of Pain Department likes 50.
Guess what? He can keep it.
I won't be asking him to change. I need my teeth!
(Yes I know he's a lovely man, just keeping the fearsome persona alive!)

This would leave Vacants as:

13, 24, 36, 37, 38, 40, 44(oh Syd a Knee, woe is me!), 45, 46, 49.

A bit of fun on a slow Sat'dee arvo!
24 has been vacant for too long after Griffo. Needs to be filled. I reckon Sonz gets it in the honour of Cogs and Shedda's 10 is respectfully rested.

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
#10 - Sonsie
#12- Hopper
#13 - Himmelberg
#14 - Taranto
#16 - Cumberland
#18 - Maurice Jnr

#8 - Gibcus after Jack

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
24 has been vacant for too long after Griffo. Needs to be filled. I reckon Sonz gets it in the honour of Cogs and Shedda's 10 is respectfully rested.
Like your thinking young fella but please don’t talk about 24 without mention of possibly one of our 4-5 greatest ever.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Like your thinking young fella but please don’t talk about 24 without mention of possibly one of our 4-5 greatest ever.
Well I was a young fella and never saw Billy Boy play so just saying Cogs was the latest best in that jumper.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Well I was a young fella and never saw Billy Boy play so just saying Cogs was the latest best in that jumper.
Saw him a lot in the 60’s and 70’s. He was probably one of our first in that era to build his game on physical fitness.
And throw in real speed, a drop kick that is hard to describe and a love for taking the game on. A great champion of our club.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Saw him a lot in the 60’s and 70’s. He was probably one of our first in that era to build his game on physical fitness.
And throw in real speed, a drop kick that is hard to describe and a love for taking the game on. A great champion of our club.
Yep, and not many great 24s since him seems a bit strange.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Maybe Cogs was the last. Very very good but he retired pretty early and went back to his home in WA and I think had a career as a mining engineer.

He's actually an accountant who through a few career moves landed as a CEO of a mining services engineering company.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
He's actually an accountant who through a few career moves landed as a CEO of a mining services engineering company.
Hmmm CEO ehh?

Curiosity got the better of me...
Has his own domain name.... sadly, like much of his career, it's currently under repair!

20221116_185129.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Had Bustling Billy's number on my jumper. He was a beauty.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Moz just needs to wait one more year then can have his old man's #27 after Dow most likely gets delisted.

Sonz might be eyeing off Chimpas #9 after he retires.

Cumberland in 16 or 22 would suit, he is a bit Caddyesque.

Hopper might take #22, ,#23, or #24.

Tim will take #14 and continue his career in the same number.

Sheddas #10 will likely get a rest.

Gibcus might take #12, he might not want the pressure of #18 as a young key back. He seems like a strong minded confident lad though.

Last edited: