Justice? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Justice?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The drug taking *smile* who ran down the quadriplegic Tiger fan Judeland Antony in a wheelchair at Docklands last October and kept driving (because he didn’t realise he’d run anyone over....)

40 days in jail.

Justice, Victorian style.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigertim said:
The drug taking *smile* who ran down the quadriplegic Tiger fan Judeland Antony in a wheelchair at Docklands last October and kept driving (because he didn’t realise he’d run anyone over....)

40 days in jail.

Justice, Victorian style.

“I think the community is entitled to be protected from people who take drugs or who drink and drive.”

- Judge Keil, hypocrite

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Borce Ristevski has admitted killing his wife Karen (no way!!) but will plead guilty to man slaughter not murder.

Let’s see the how the system handles this.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigertim said:
Borce Ristevski has admitted killing his wife Karen (no way!!) but will plead guilty to man slaughter not murder.

No real difference, just a way to reduce the sentence. Meaningless IMO. Gotta feel for the daughter.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
tigertim said:

From the first day his wife "disappeared" I said the husband did it. Don't think I was alone in that conclusion (excluding those in the media that like to look to pin any ghastly crime on people of a certain ethnic origin. A famous Carlton related name I'm looking at you. )
My legal query is does the prosecution or judge have to accept the guilty plea or can they say GAGF we are going for the murder verdict?
My follow up question is : can a jury say nor guilty of murder but guilty of msnslaughter?

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
22nd Man said:
From the first day his wife "disappeared" I said the husband did it. Don't think I was alone in that conclusion (excluding those in the media that like to look to pin any ghastly crime on people of a certain ethnic origin. A famous Carlton related name I'm looking at you. )
My legal query is does the prosecution or judge have to accept the guilty plea or can they say GAGF we are going for the murder verdict?
My follow up question is : can a jury say nor guilty of murder but guilty of msnslaughter?
From my limited knowledge the prosecution can proceed with murder charges (obviously only if they’re confident they’ll get a conviction).

The jury can only find him guilty/not guilty of the charge ie if he’s charged with murder he can only be found guilty/not guilty of murder or if he’s charged with man slaughter guilty or not guilty of that. You can’t be found guilty of murder if the charge is only manslaughter (or vice versa)