Justice? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Justice?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
tigertim said:
James Gargasoulas, life with the possibility of parole after 46 years. Life without parole would’ve been better.

That's ok. He'll have it better than alot on the outside. A bed, well fed, heating cooling, regular exercise, access to medicine, tv, internet, drugs, alcohol.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-22/anita-cobby-killer-michael-murphy-dead/10836460

One of Anita Cobby's murderers has died in jail. Not a day too soon.

A shame death didn't come to he and his partners in crime decades ago. A *smile*ing outrageously vile act that they carried out against Anita Cobby. Unfathomable brutality.

tigersmk

Tiger Cub
Nov 17, 2004
Agree wholeheartedly - Murphy can rot in hell for eternity. Hopefully the other four will join him soon.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigertim said:
James Gargasoulas, life with the possibility of parole after 46 years. Life without parole would’ve been better.

Good, but why does the Hun come out with 'could walk free one day' ?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigertim said:

Did I hear correctly on the radio that the judge made no allowance for Gargasoulas being under the influence of ice?

Please let this standard be applied across the board.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Did I hear correctly on the radio that the judge made no allowance for Gargasoulas being under the influence of ice?

Please let this standard be applied across the board.
If true L2, needs to precedent in all criminal cases. No excuse because of drug use! Should be prosecuted for that aspect as well.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
TT33 said:
Just on the bus driver, he was more than "negligent" he was incompetent. This was proven because he ignored 3 signs warning of the low bridge height plus he ignored 2 warning devices before he struck the bridge, Imo he was given the correct penalty.
IanG said:
5 years gaol when no-one was killed is more than 1 punch murderers get, its a manifestly excessive sentence.

MD Jazz said:
Agree. Ridiculous.
Getting off topic, so I've switched this to a more appropriate thread.

I don't agree with a sentence being dependent on the result of a criminal action. If it's criminal the sentence should reflect this.

I'm not suggesting mandatory sentencing but, for example, if a judge jails a driver for killing a pedestrian while texting, jailing should also be an option available to the judge for anyone texting while driving.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
YinnarTiger said:
I'm not suggesting mandatory sentencing but, for example, if a judge jails a driver for killing a pedestrian while texting, jailing should also be an option available to the judge for anyone texting while driving.

Would be a lot of 18-25's in jail.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
MD Jazz said:
Would be a lot of 18-25's in jail.
Don't think age actually comes into this, human factors effect everyone young and old. When the phone rings what happens? Plenty of old farts with mobiles in hand driving too. It's disgraceful.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
DavidSSS said:
When the phone rings? Nah, there are so many drivers texting it is ridiculous, and bloody dangerous.

DS
Ok is this better, when the phone makes a noise such as beep, ring blip, favoirite song etc. Humans will look at it. That is what we do. That is why it makes a noise or lights up. Cops need to enforce the rules it will take time but it worked for seatbelts as eventually it is unacceptable to us.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Shane Robertson, 29, received a 24 year sentence for murdering his partner by smashing her head in with barbells. He has a 19 year non parole period so may be out at age 48 (he’s already served a year).

Wtf? Yet again someone murders someone but only gets 24 years (or possibly less). When will murder get a life sentence?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigertim said:
Shane Robertson, 29, received a 24 year sentence for murdering his partner by smashing her head in with barbells. He has a 19 year non parole period so may be out at age 48 (he’s already served a year).

Wtf? Yet again someone murders someone but only gets 24 years (or possibly less). When will murder get a life sentence?

The belief is that they have to dangle a carrot, offer some sort of chance at redemption in return for rehabilitation. But the victim's family is entitled to believe that's it, shut the book on that *smile*.

Of course the many psychhopaths in jail cannot be reformed, being unable to feel true remorse. They can only learn to avoid the behaviour that landed them in the clink.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
tigertim said:

Seems like a long sentence by Australian standards.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
tigertim said:

Yeh, put him down, stop wasting money on these *smile*.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
John Nikolic gets 23 years (18 minimum) for smuggling drugs.

Fiji - where judges judge and criminals rot.

He might appeal. We shouldn't judge him until every last option is exhausted.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I guess he only got caught red-handed, it's not as though someone suddenly remembered him doing a bad thing 20+ years ago.

Suddenly remembered?