Justin Leppitsch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Justin Leppitsch

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
That's sad for us...

Why couldn't he be *smile* like all the others so we can keep him! :p

CricketersArms

Keep rollin'
Aug 22, 2011
Would be a loss to our panel but it's naive to think that most assistants would want to stay put for less money and less clout when there's a few coaching jobs up for grabs.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Sintiger said:
Just put the same thing on the rumour Board Jonno. I figure anything stated on SEN is a rumour ;D
I guess we,ll findout this weekend where Leppa sits. ;D

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Nature of the business. Wouldn't of thought he'd be ahead of highly touted assistants like Richardson, Neeld, etc but if they rate him that highly and he goes then good luck to him. Assistants move around a lot whether to senior coaching gigs or other clubs. Going have to replace some soon anyways you'd think. Lade is another who might go back to Port one day, just a guess.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
This is a conundrum.

We win and the bitter Crows will come with swords to take Leppa away.

Crows win,Bickley firming as Crows coach.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
IanG said:
I wouldn't worry too much Bickley is ticking the boxes at the moment.
Exactly. Hard to see Bickley being overlooked on current results and is home grown. Would be a popular choice with Crows supporters and the club I would think.

tigs2010

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2009
Think he will stay. Bickley provided he wants it should get the gig IMO.
Has anyone else seen in the HS that we are looking at employing 2 more development coaches?

HellsTiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 15, 2004
Great news, we must be doing something right if others want some of what we got.
One person coming or going shouldn't upset us moving forward, if the foundations are right.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Good luck to Leppa. No issue with him moving on.
He's done a great job already with our young defenders who will have learned plenty from him the past couple of years.
Never hurts to get fresh eyes and ideas on the coaching panel either.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Good luck to Leppa. No issue with him moving on.
He's done a great job already with our young defenders who will have learned plenty from him the past couple of years.
Never hurts to get fresh eyes and ideas on the coaching panel either.
Exactly

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Agree Tooheys, but Bicks looks a lock for the Crows. Eade or Williams for Melbourne - and the Bulldogs could fall any which way with that President.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
At Club 80 Murray Rance couldn't have spoken more highly about the work Leppa has done with Sir Alex.

expect bigger things next season from Alex.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I suppose there's a more recent thread on Leppa, but I'm buggered if I can find it..!
Great listening to him on crunch time @the moment. .....
Soaring like an eagle.... whilst surrounded by turkeys!
Gee that Craig Jennings fellow loves the sound of his own ideas!

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I suppose there's a more recent thread on Leppa, but I'm buggered if I can find it..!
Yep Craig Jennings is full of sh#t!.

Leppa on the other hand an absolute legend and great listening even if he is giving up a lot about Richmond. I reported in one training report last year that it was funny watching 40 blokes practicing in unison manning the mark, (comical almost). Listening to Leppa today it sounds like it was his idea, he said he spoke to the room and said to the players something like:
Who of you have been drafted to the club because you are elite, absolutely elite at manning the mark? Of course no hands go up. Said it is boring but why we practice it is if we get it right we will get the ball back if you don't you will be chasing tail all day so if you don't get it right the first time then we will keep on practicing it.
Manning the mark importance was also featured in the Making Their Mark documentary , I remember Dimma saying in the team meeting before Geelong game if you can just get in quickly and make Geelong kick a finger tip higher over the mark it will make all the difference down field in winning the ball back.

It is why I thought the introduction of the statue rule was just another rule brought in to dismantle the Tigers as we had become ELITE in this BORING aspect of the game that required 100% commitment and pushing the boundaries.

Would love Leppa to still be at the club but we move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Every time I hear Jennings I wonder if his “stuff” is any good wouldn’t he be still working in the system, I find him very David King like, trying to invent the wheel again, but you can’t get it any rounder then it is. Always think he’s trying to get another job with how complimentary he is to all the AFL coaches.

Hopefully we will get Leppa back to Punt rd, though I think Clarko may be warming his seat

Reactions: 2 users