Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Critics bag him for lack of possessions, seeming not to notice he turns 1-on-2s into stoppages (or better, wins), then vacates the area to play his defensive role on the fat side, reducing his opportunity for possessions.

Judging KMac on disposal numbers is like judging Grimes on them.

Gee, you can be patronizing. Somehow you see the game more comprehensively than the rest of us.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
There’s no need McIntosh catching a flight back to WA, he can just flap his arms and fly there himself.
Have you ever seen a more unskilled footballer play? (Top 4 side)
Wallis, Licura, Gilbert,

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Gee, you can be patronizing. Somehow you see the game more comprehensively than the rest of us.
I see most things more comprehensively than most people. It's my gift and my curse. I seek not to patronise, merely to share my vision.

:cool:

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

A bit but not much.

There's no doubt he's best 22 at the moment though, not many in our squad that can provide his unique contribution.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Was woeful again. His disposal has turned into absolute rubbish. You can't have 6 turnovers from 12 disposals when they're not under pressure at this level of footy He's always getting to his opponent half a second late. It's fine to close off space or get in between two players but what's the point if the opposition is still getting it past him to a team mate? Was one play where he was just totally burnt off by an opponent, maybe hew was out of puff but it looked bad.He needs to get his early season form back or his spot surely has to be under pressure because the way he's playing atm can cost us in the finals.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Nothing like it. Grimes, despite more contested possessions, had a disposal efficiency of 93%. KMac had 50% despite often not being under pressure - at least when he received the ball. I wish KMAc did have Grimes clean disposal skills. I don't think anyone doubts the importance of his role and know that it's not about disposals for him but when you do get them you can't keep turning it over like that. And his defensive pressure has gone missing. 1 tackle and 29 pressure act points doesn't cut it for that role.

Reactions: 1 users
B

Bill James

Nothing like it. Grimes, despite more contested possessions, had a disposal efficiency of 93%. KMac had 50% despite often not being under pressure - at least when he received the ball. I wish KMAc did have Grimes clean disposal skills. I don't think anyone doubts the importance of his role and know that it's not about disposals for him but when you do get them you can't keep turning it over like that. And his defensive pressure has gone missing. 1 tackle and 29 pressure act points doesn't cut it for that role.
Can't work out whether that was insightful or patronising, did you assume I was watching it on TV or at the ground?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I see most things more comprehensively than most people. It's my gift and my curse. I seek not to patronise, merely to share my vision.

How’s that vision going on menadue?

B

Bill James

I'd suggest his critics are viewing the game on TV rather than live.

His work rate is absolutely elite and he runs back and forward equally hard to both control and force spread from the opposition.

Importance to our structure is enormous and being as hard as anyone in the comp certainly doesn't hurt.
Coaches must have watched it on TV

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Hasn’t been at his best for a number of weeks. Out of our whole team he and Rioli are the most out of form. So happy enough with the omission, as we have many players in decent form.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Hasn’t been at his best for a number of weeks. Out of our whole team he and Rioli are the most out of form. So happy enough with the omission, as we have many players in decent form.

Spot on, no shock, if anything long overdue.