Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Gonna need Super Grover Form to get back in now and stake a claim to a spot again.

Rances return will likely free up Houli or Short to a Wing and also release either Grimes or Broad to play as a smaller defender again as they both adequately can do. Will also allow for Tigga to drop off and play in the interceptor role that he does so well..

Grover will be looking for a spot on the wing vacated by Bobble, but Baker also will likely be pushed out of defence after Tross returns also.

Then there is Stackmann to return, and Graham.

Theres gonna be some hard competition for spots.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Now is the time for KMac to redefine his skill set and become a new player for us. I know he has it in him but hope the desire is there to bring it out. After all look what a change in skill set did for Broady and Caddy as now they are better players and more valuable than when they joined the club

Reactions: 4 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
70Qp1c38m9924Dg0qgln_wokae-zZ3CvYFgOQBiWc-ZiiCdJjiJsV9U_2gcyUdzWqgBw_9oC4MjowXYa_dhnI0HMjvYkUuWQoQ_jQsdYEwcLhBcJFaBxN3PkTVHuaOPhD8pkSCabG1HUwpg-2gEMgklb3wiUXYoyBLG2yX82aplAJjhmfxBbqfTZ2NCUZD0MDSVBX-YolJU3AWNqOb8dHGIpZbhdqloaF-gFCsbjInUIZQ7VGUHLoG1B3AvCPDCbg9U0_MoJq2eLQj1YH4RBktJCeMS-D6NY2TJK5DLVgzClsOQR6pTYqKMkTFnACzlj4qE7a8a6_tuN1UZhKeXmRko-cS93lJsds0Iy9RCoQGIFuGNG1xuJq1U4QuoUb2wMHgyK69oWIL_KqZOCFWpa_Lb9SYuR0U2wUk4A_XgItGlv2XMvcqDnREl6tOuB4vWtkE95dMLLXBlOkopHWfDPJ0H9SnQJXQTrIFuRSxzebwZIvLm-hwSbsi2n1eqygyKdQKWvZyUGXw0H69rFT-Tfzjs5LUq-BFlsawq8tbJ97HJbP8b9_i3htN5sDZoPPVGeId6gqn8ZW2W86jGNi7bFZHx8inORnVzTjBca5j3K2ULWsOWITz8x7keuOXkHwcYBuWHXSWRjNqmN1x5nmHcw0RR19PLRs31SiU7dHqZlhRdf4-mDkvGqPw=w255-h315-no

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
the Suns would be mad not to grab him. A tough, premiership, marathon runner.

Or, he remains a really good depth role player for us.

Funny, when I went to the PR superstore on the Thursday before the GF,

there was a bargain bin full of Bellis and Kmac merch

Lot of sense there Ezy.

Grover and Brando would've been a great 1-2 combo on the wings for the Suns, strong runners that would school the juniors on how its done.

We cant move all our elite runners on at once, though as good as the kids are they don't yet have the physical capabilities yet of the likes of Grover, Bobble, Lambert ect in regard to hard running.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Not even freo were interested
Im Devastated.:nono
Bloody strange isn't it. Made the finals six of the last seven years. Last three years it's two flags n a prelim, yet apart from a handful of stars no-one rates our players as relevant. Clubs tripping over themselves n beating up on one another with sticks trying the maximum rip off over players or trade values for mid tier players from mediocre clubs while running scared of dealing with the dominant club of recent years. Yet we've probably been the most open n up front club to deal with.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Bloody strange isn't it. Made the finals six of the last seven years. Last three years it's two flags n a prelim, yet apart from a handful of stars no-one rates our players as relevant. Clubs tripping over themselves n beating up on one another with sticks trying the maximum rip off over players or trade values for mid tier players from mediocre clubs while running scared of dealing with the dominant club of recent years. Yet we've probably been the most open n up front club to deal with.

Exactly TM.

Some clubs reek of desperate stakes to compete with us.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Collingwood over that period of 2009-2012.
We’re off loading players and getting gold in return.
The picks they got in return got them DeGoey, Grundy, Broomhead

While we get rid of a 2 x premiership player and get pick 38 in compo and a fast skilful, best snap in the game for pick 56.
Maybe if we put up Dusty they might offer us a early 2nd rounder..

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We still have for 2 more years.
Freo chase anything that moves. How the hell didn’t they go after him.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Our team is system based, and its a well known thing across the AFL.

Other teams are still looking for individual brilliance.

They are also probably wantiong to keep us crippled with the Salary Cap and not take players who will help give us room to strengthen our side even further.

Same thing seems to have been happening with Collingwood this trade period oppositions know they are stuffed with the cap, and dont want to let em off the hook.

Not that we were offering up much that would get opposition clubs overly excited either.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Our team is system based, and its a well known thing across the AFL.

Other teams are still looking for individual brilliance.

They are also probably wantiong to keep us crippled with the Salary Cap and not take players who will help give us room to strengthen our side even further.

Same thing seems to have been happening with Collingwood this trade period oppositions know they are stuffed with the cap, and dont want to let em off the hook.

Not that we were offering up much that would get opposition clubs overly excited either.

They offered up Thomas pick 86
Forskin elliott pick 109
Phillips pick 45
Aish pick 70.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

3 or 4 players went last year and 2 this year so far so not sure they're not rated as relevant. Most of our players just don't want to go anywhere else. I think that's a product of the culture we've built. Many of the trade period trades are players wanting to leave their clubs.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
3 or 4 players went last year and 2 this year so far so not sure they're not rated as relevant. Most of our players just don't want to go anywhere else. I think that's a product of the culture we've built. Many of the trade period trades are players wanting to leave their clubs.

Very true tlove, just look at the crows. :rotfl2 :rotfl2

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
For Kam McIntosh, Tom Lynch was the butterfly flapping it's wings over the Pacific Ocean.

He's probably the last person that would have seen his position as under threat by the Lynch recruitment, but Caddy being pushed out of the forward line seems to have pushed McKintosh our of the centre line.

I like McKintosh and i think he still has a lot to offer. He was always a good chop out if we had to hack it out of defense to a one on one (which he rarely lost), but i guess the question is whether he can push back into a centre line position or whether he has to re-invent himself as a backman, maybe in the role of a Nathan Broad. Personally i'm not sure his strengths lend him to that role, but in so far as the centre line is concerned, he's limited to taking back a wing spot. I'm not sure his hands are clean enough to push into a central role on the centre line. He either has a massive pre-season and pushes someone out of a wing spot on pure form, or he becomes a depth player "just in case", and not a bad one at that.

If he's to forge a new path in defense, i think his ability to defend the ball in the air and just as importantly, clunk intercept marks will need a lot of improvement.

We just spent half of 2019 with half our list injured, whose to say Kam isn't a very important player in 2020 for the same reason.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
If he's to forge a new path in defense, i think his ability to defend the ball in the air and just as importantly, clunk intercept marks will need a lot of improvement.

He played a lot of defence in the VFL this year and I thought he was overall quite underwhelming. It has to be a wing spot or nothing imo but Caddy pushed ahead of him this year and a few youngsters have likely gone past him as well. Unless he can somehow improve I think his opportunities are numbered but he is contracted till 2021 when he becomes a restricted free agent so isn't going anywhere in a hurry.