Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yeah overhead marks standout improvement. Great finals series last year.

The last 2 seasons at training when the group breaks up into individual skills development Kamdyn has done a lot of work on overhead marking.
Sometimes with someone just kicking highballs to him but often in contested situations, Dave Astbury has given him plenty of instruction in this regard.

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Good stuff. DashKam is nothing if not smart. Hope he gets a couple of boxes of staples thrown into the trade. And who needs a right-handed screwdriver, eh?
He’s not dumb.
He gave Dimma a boat for a couple of tickets to the footy.
Look after the coach and everything else will fall into place

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
His hard running showed out. Overall a good game. Needs to play a little smarter and take the ground and be even more damaging.

Reactions: 3 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
how did he not get a free kick for the rugby tackle around the ankles, ive seen a still shot & the ump is looking straight at it

mind boggling mistake

Attachments

• HowIsThatNoATrip.png
    HowIsThatNoATrip.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: 4 users

Barkdog

Tiger Rookie
May 5, 2004
Bendigo
and all the commentators could rabbit on about is how Silvagni was so unlucky not to get a free for such a desperate chase.....a couple of minutes earlier Bakes tackled Cripps on the other side of the ground and it was a trip.....consistently inconsistent

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
and all the commentators could rabbit on about is how Silvagni was so unlucky not to get a free for such a desperate chase.....a couple of minutes earlier Bakes tackled Cripps on the other side of the ground and it was a trip.....consistently inconsistent
It was amazing. One of them, Hodge? wouldn't shut up about it. Free to Silvagni after such a brave chase. No mention of the tackle maybe being a bit low let alone a trip. WTF? Straight after the Bakes one. Its gunna be an annoying year commentary wise.

Then at the death, Lambo lining up for goal. Brayshaw 'it just doesn't feel like 5 goals' ??? Felt like it to me.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
how did he not get a free kick for the rugby tackle around the ankles, ive seen a still shot & the ump is looking straight at it

mind boggling mistake
The feral Carlton supporters around me lost the plot thinking it was holding the ball. The tackle happened right in front of me and was clearly a trip.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It was amazing. One of them, Hodge? wouldn't shut up about it. Free to Silvagni after such a brave chase. No mention of the tackle maybe being a bit low let alone a trip. WTF? Straight after the Bakes one. Its gunna be an annoying year commentary wise.
Hodge is starting to *smile* me.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

mind boggling mistake

Good to see a replay, thought it was a trip at the ground too.

How the ump could look at it and not pay a free one way or the other was astounding. It was a trip, but if they didn't pay the free for the trip, they had to pay HTB.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The last 2 seasons at training when the group breaks up into individual skills development Kamdyn has done a lot of work on overhead marking.
Sometimes with someone just kicking highballs to him but often in contested situations, Dave Astbury has given him plenty of instruction in this regard.
Good post as usual, JC. You explain how KMac has improved his marking - and really needed to - as I have commented on, as well as his kicking too. Thus I have commended him for this effort to remedy deficiencies.
** Take note, TdT

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Good to see a replay, thought it was a trip at the ground too.

How the ump could look at it and not pay a free one way or the other was astounding. It was a trip, but if they didn't pay the free for the trip, they had to pay HTB.
I thought trip too initially on long-distance, regular-speed view. However, as I commented on the GD thread, if you look at the full incident in close-up and slow-mo, SOS puts a hand in around his lower hip level which dislodges the ball or leads KM to lose control. Hence not HTB as ball knocked out by the tackle. Then his tackle does slip down to an ankle trip.

So one for the umpiring experts. Do the umps make their judgement on the first tackle, not a subsequent slip-down that occurs consequentially from players falling over. I have actually seen it arbitrated in our favour other times - where the initial tackle was legit, but our player's arms slipped down around the opponent's legs.

Maybe could have gone either way technically, so play-on a good call?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Pity Flappers isn't called Patrick Cripps because that tackle by Silivagni was below the knees.
It shouldve been a free kick to him.
I reckon flappers covers more ground then any other player in the comp.
I thought he was really good

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Can't have bloody Richmond getting a threepeat!

His beloved Orrible Orks and their threepeat gives him added motivation to back anyone playing against the Tigers.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

mind boggling mistake
Looking at the still shot you posted, it shows
1. KMac still holding the ball after the initial content
2. Silvagnis arms below the knees and his body collapsing on Kamdyns feet.

Trip.
I dont comprehend how the ump didnt pay a free either way

Reactions: 1 users