Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I love his endeavour and 1%ers, but it’s not enough. Would happily let him walk.

Reactions: 1 user

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Did the hard work to get the ball, then just blasted junk kicks

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
In this day and age you just have to hit targets. Macintosh missed them all.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Very limited footballer
Us playing not well is highlighting all his deficiencies.
And there's a *smile* load.
Marking useless
Kicking close to the worse in the side alongside Baker and Pickett.
I thought Western Australians were meant to be good kicks.
Trade for anything between 35 -50

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Im over him seriously.
How many mistakes can you make?
Misses a basic inside 50 target.
He kicks another straight to a collingwood defender and that miss, was just shocking 35 out directly in front.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Im over him seriously.
How many mistakes can you make?
Misses a basic inside 50 target.
He kicks another straight to a collingwood defender and that miss, was just shocking 35 out directly in front.
Funny that when our game was up and running, he was everything we needed. Now our game has gone to shizen, is it him or the rest of em?

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Funny that when our game was up and running, he was everything we needed. Now our game has gone to shizen, is it him or the rest of em?
Firm believer that he is a turnover merchant by foot. He isn't alone at the minute but it was glaring in the third when Shai flat out refused to pass it to him despite being in best position and passed it to someone else to kick inside 50.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Firm believer that he is a turnover merchant by foot. He isn't alone at the minute but it was glaring in the third when Shai flat out refused to pass it to him despite being in best position and passed it to someone else to kick inside 50.
My point is, we are absolutely bereft of any system particularly up forward.
When guys don't know where to kick it to by rote, they start trying to make things happen and the turnovers come.
Get some system back, and watch players like McIntosh start to perform again.
Our ball movement and structure is absolutely horrible.

Reactions: 3 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
My point is, we are absolutely bereft of any system particularly up forward.
When guys don't know where to kick it to by rote, they start trying to make things happen and the turnovers come.
Get some system back, and watch players like McIntosh start to perform again.
Our ball movement and structure is absolutely horrible.
That is a valid point about our system up forward. Kam however misses targets even when there is no pressure on him. When he is allowed to bomb it to a contest he looks great because he does everything else so well.

We fell into this trap of recruiting and developing players that lack footskills and game vision over the past 5 years.

Sure we won three flags! It worked, but it's time to move on unless the rules change back.

Slipping down the ladder this year isn't so bad, we need higher picks.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
That is a valid point about our system up forward. Kam however misses targets even when there is no pressure on him. When he is allowed to bomb it to a contest he looks great because he does everything else so well.

We fell into this trap of recruiting and developing players that lack footskills and game vision over the past 5 years.

Sure we won three flags! It worked, but it's time to move on unless the rules change back.

Slipping down the ladder this year isn't so bad, we need higher picks.

Yep. Prefer to do that than limp into finals and get blown away.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Would happily let him walk. The rule changes have made players of his ilk (defensive wingers) largely redundant.

Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Any news on Pinjarra?
Just didn't come up?
Hopefully not a new issue.

Was strange to see a late change.
Thought Geesook was playing.
That moves's straight out of the Salty Scott handbook.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Any news on Pinjarra?
Just didn't come up?
Hopefully not a new issue.

Was strange to see a late change.
Thought Geesook was playing.
That moves's straight out of the Salty Scott handbook.
Seems he didn't quite trust his hammy was right n rang Dimma in the morning to drop out.

Feb 25, 2007
Trio of Tigers re-sign
Jason Castagna, Kamdyn McIntosh and Thomson Dow have all signed new Richmond contracts.

Thomson Dow, Kamdyn McIntosh and Jason Castagna at Punt Road Oval on Thursday.
Richmond has extended the contracts of Jason Castagna, Kamdyn McIntosh and Thomson Dow, with the trio each signing until the end of 2023.
Castagna, a three-time premiership player, will be extending his Richmond stay into an eighth and ninth season after being selected with the 29th pick at the 2014 AFL Rookie Draft.
The 25-year-old has been a mainstay for Richmond through the Club’s recent success, missing just four games since the start of the 2017 season. Castagna has played 117 games for the Tigers, booting 114 goals.
Known for his pace, frenetic forward pressure, and ability to hit the scoreboard, the 25-year-old provides an important skillset to the Richmond brand.
McIntosh, 27, has played 124 games for the Tigers, including the 2017 and 2020 premierships.
The West Australian will become a 10-year Richmond player next year, having been selected with pick No. 31 overall at the 2012 AFL National Draft.
McIntosh had a career-best season in 2020, finishing 5th in the Jack Dyer Medal and was in strong form before a hamstring injury this year. The wingman capable of playing in defence has averaged 16 disposals and four marks per game in 2021.
A popular teammate, McIntosh, was this year voted by his peers as the player that best embodies the Club theme of “connection.”

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
The gut runners like Brando and KMac seem to get a rough trot from critics. I reckon they are gold. In hindsight,
I would have paid Brando the extra 100k.

Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The gut runners like Brando and KMac seem to get a rough trot from critics. I reckon they are gold. In hindsight,
I would have paid Brando the extra 100k.
Might've been $100K difference before the haircut he was going to cop if he wanted to stay. At GC he's probably on double what we could offer.

Had a pretty good year statswise but rarely got votes from the coaches.