Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Dimma likes our wingers to have the running power and strength to disrupt potential oppo forward entries from anywhere between the arcs out wide. As someone mentioned earlier, Kamdyn halves or wins a lot of contests (love the shove), and so does Marlion (love the crash). I assume the reason Brando fell out of favour was because he lacked a bit of defensive presence (both Kamdyn and Marlion are capable of disrupting aerially too - something that is useful to help our backs). I’m not sure we have anyone else on the list with their kinds of skill sets.
We prefer to get our offensive run out of half back.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Dimma likes our wingers to have the running power and strength to disrupt potential oppo forward entries from anywhere between the arcs out wide. As someone mentioned earlier, Kamdyn halves or wins a lot of contests (love the shove), and so does Marlion (love the crash). I assume the reason Brando fell out of favour was because he lacked a bit of defensive presence (both Kamdyn and Marlion are capable of disrupting aerially too - something that is useful to help our backs). I’m not sure we have anyone else on the list with their kinds of skill sets.
I don't think Brando fell out of favour at any point.

Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Same applies to every position.
Kamdyn in no more danger than many players
I reckon there a few who will play every game they are fit for, unless they stink it up for months on end- Dusty, Prestia, Grimes, Nank, Vlastuin, Lynch for example.
Then you have your KMacs, Picketts, Bakers, Riolis, who would really have to struggle, but aren't quite undroppable. Castagna was in this group.
Then there are your Grahams, Rosses, MRjnrs, Cumberlands are close to borderline.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers couldn't offer Bobble the years at the coin that the Goldens did.

As a kid from very humble origins, he had to take the Suns deal as the Tigers weren't able nor willing to match it, and knew they had cheaper options to use post 2019 in Marlion and Grover to replace him.

Brando going and Grigga and Rances retirements helped to keep the bulk of the senior side together.

Bobble will always be a Dual Premiership Playing TIger hero.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
He was left out of the 2018 finals series and, I think, was dropped at least once during that season after 100 games straight. Although Dimma later said something like ‘I was looking for what he couldn’t do rather than what he could’, I think it gave a clue as to what the coach really wanted from his wingers. Though Brando was reinstated later, I don’t think his style was optimal to achieve that vision.

Reactions: 2 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Speaking of disrupting aerially, Marlion has an unbelievable knack for peddling back and getting a finger to the ball and marking when caught between the kicker and recipient. He does it time and time again..........just puts himself in great positions.

Reactions: 5 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Speaking of disrupting aerially, Marlion has an unbelievable knack for peddling back and getting a finger to the ball and marking when caught between the kicker and recipient. He does it time and time again..........just puts himself in great positions.
Both our wings are elite in this aspect. Not sure if any advanced stats on this kind of thing but saves a lot of goals and/or forces errors.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Marlion is a sight to see live when you have a good view of the whole ground. The speed at which he covers 50-70 metres to disrupt what looked like being an easy outlet from defence to an open wing is remarkable.

Reactions: 7 users

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Marlion is a sight to see live when you have a good view of the whole ground. The speed at which he covers 50-70 metres to disrupt what looked like being an easy outlet from defence to an open wing is remarkable.
He's displaying that in training, except the distance looked more like 90 to 100 metres. His work rate is immense at the moment.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
This guy just goes from strength to strength.
Winner of the Tony Mangan award for best extolling Richmond Man team values at the Tigers recent training camp.
Beat a fairly strong field. Very important to our club on and off the field

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
KMac has had a very solid start to the year. The reason for the lack of activity in this thread is because he just does his job every week. As a winger he's one of the best.. a lock.

However with Broady out I wonder if he could find himself deeper in defence again? He did the role well last year as required.

Could see a slight reshuffling at wing & half forward to provide opportunities for a player like Clarke to come in.

Reactions: 8 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
KMac has had a very solid start to the year. The reason for the lack of activity in this thread is because he just does his job every week. As a winger he's one of the best.. a lock.

However with Broady out I wonder if he could find himself deeper in defence again? He did the role well last year as required.

Could see a slight reshuffling at wing & half forward to provide opportunities for a player like Clarke to come in.
That's a great call mate. Like it!

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

Flappers has been really good.
His running is as good as anyone in the comp.
But the media are blinded by the bright yellow & Black.
He is 10 times better then that X freo can't kick dud at Melbourne Langdon.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

It may be KMac that goes back. But I think if Miller comes in we can cover Broad down back.

Clarke doesn't have the running capacity of KMac. And obviously not the physicality. Not sure we have anyone to replace him on the wing. That's not something I would not have written a few years ago!

I'd almost prefer Hugo on the wing if KMac does go back.

Reactions: 1 user