Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Spot on Scooper.

Ol loveable Ol Grover has quickly found himself back in the pack with his form drop off and is gonna have some work to do to get a spot in the side let alone a more nailed on spot in the 22.

He's gonna need Super Grover form to be running out in round 1.
My tips is he'll play round 1, only because they know what they'll get from Macca. After that, he'll have to play extremely well to stay in the side.
One of my faves, I have to say! Just a goof! Also over the last couple of years he has become a very reliable set shot kick, pitty about the field kicking.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pickett was picked over KMac. I suspect even Ross or Stack would have been picked over him. I just can't see, subject to a long injury list, how KMac gets back in the side. For his own growth he would have been better off at another club.

For all intents and purposes Gold Coast couldve done a hell of a lot worse than trade for Grover, he'd actually be fantastic for them as a defensive midfielder, with a mature body and high end endurance running.

if Grover is depth now and no longer nailed on in the best 22 then we have improved.

Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Was an odd one , was a certain pick almost every week when some questioned why ,

Then went out of favour almost overnight, and not so sure he makes it back now

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Was an odd one , was a certain pick almost every week when some questioned why ,

Then went out of favour almost overnight, and not so sure he makes it back now

Caddy learnt his role and improved his endurance. Footy IQ then made the selection dilemma pretty straight forward.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
For all intents and purposes Gold Coast couldve done a hell of a lot worse than trade for Grover, he'd actually be fantastic for them as a defensive midfielder, with a mature body and high end endurance running.

if Grover is depth now and no longer nailed on in the best 22 then we have improved.

I think acquiring B Ellis on such a large and long contract put an end to any KMac thoughts. They already have CEllis and Miles as well.

Yes we have improved. I can't see how with a fully available list KMac is now top 22.

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016
With Rance and Ellis gone, we will need him a lot more this year. Will take a hbf role next season. His height and reach will be useful.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
With Rance and Ellis gone, we will need him a lot more this year. Will take a hbf role next season. His height and reach will be useful.

Doubt it. Already had a stint at half back in the past and just wasn't good enough. Ellis played wing predominantly last year and Rance didn't play so who would KMac be replacing in the backline? His greatest asset was his space blocking ability on the wing. For me it's wing or nothing, maybe as Richo said a defensive forward but I think we have better prospects in that role to come back eg Stack/Higgins. We didn't require KMac for the best part of our season in 2019, last 9 games to the grand final. Unless something improves dramatically not sure why he'd get the nod in 2020 as anything but depth in case of substantial injury.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Doubt it. Already had a stint at half back in the past and just wasn't good enough. Ellis played wing predominantly last year and Rance didn't play so who would KMac be replacing in the backline? His greatest asset was his space blocking ability on the wing. For me it's wing or nothing, maybe as Richo said a defensive forward but I think we have better prospects in that role to come back eg Stack/Higgins. We didn't require KMac for the best part of our season in 2019, last 9 games to the grand final. Unless something improves dramatically not sure why he'd get the nod in 2020 as anything but depth in case of substantial injury.
I’m betting that whenever he’s not picked, he’s an emergency.
Collier-Dawkins might be an influence on his future.

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016

You are probably right but he is only 25 and appears to be a very hard worker. Our backline was amazing this year, but dont be fooled - it needs a big overhaul if we are going to go back to back.. If the Cats had Hawkins, we wouldn't have made the GF. We counter argued that with "well if we had Rance...." at the time but.....Next season, we dont have Rance & they do have Hawkins alongside Jenkins too now. I do fear that our very short backline & its system which worked so well in the backhalf on 19, can easily be exposed by good coaches & 6 months of planning for it. The club MUST find another competent tall backman from the current list for 2020. Garthwaite is the obvious choice but i think many doubt he is good enough, for good reason. Too Slow. Maybe they develop K-Mac as a more "3rd tall in" type. Most likely they back in Balta early and hope it works. If he struggles it will be interesting

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
You are probably right but he is only 25 and appears to be a very hard worker. Our backline was amazing this year, but dont be fooled - it needs a big overhaul if we are going to go back to back.. If the Cats had Hawkins, we wouldn't have made the GF. We counter argued that with "well if we had Rance...." at the time but.....Next season, we dont have Rance & they do have Hawkins alongside Jenkins too now. I do fear that our very short backline & its system which worked so well in the backhalf on 19, can easily be exposed by good coaches & 6 months of planning for it. The club MUST find another competent tall backman from the current list for 2020. Garthwaite is the obvious choice but i think many doubt he is good enough, for good reason. Too Slow. Maybe they develop K-Mac as a more "3rd tall in" type. Most likely they back in Balta early and hope it works. If he struggles it will be interesting

Yeah not sure whether Hawkins would have been the difference in the prelim. We smashed them 2nd half 8 goals 8 behinds to 2 goals 4 after playing a shocking first half. Not sure how KMac would have influenced Hawkins form if both were playing. Hawkins kicked 4 earlier in the season but that was probably against our weakest side of the season when Townsend, Balta, Butler. Garthwaite, Stack, Higgins, Kmac, Naish played, none of which played in our finals campaign. Before that Hawkins form against the Tigers hasn't been that great. 1 goal in 2017 QF, 1 in 2016, 3 in 2015, 0 in 2014, 2 in 2013. He turns 32 next year. Jenkins will be 31 and he's truly a fair weather player. Then they have Ablett (36 next year) playing forward and his form really tapered off 2nd half of the season. I think our backline comfortably handles Geelong.

KMac has never shown he can play against talls as a key defender. At 191cm he's too short anyway and doesn't have a great leap. To me if you're trialling another backman as a tall it has to be Garthwaite (who's only 192cm himself) or Balta. It'd be nice if Miller or Chol could step up but seems unlikely. KMac would have to replace a Broad or Vlastuin type or a Houli/Baker/Short as a release player but I just can't see it happening. Our game style supports a shorter backline. It's up to the opposition to try and counter it. But I do agree we're potentially vulnerable if we have a couple of injuries to a copule of our taller backmen.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
But they don’t have kelly

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I think he has potential as a defensive forward/midfielder, someone that takes the opposition's Houli.

He is a very good runner and he is flint hard. I've personally heard opposition players talk about how they don't like playing on him because of the physical battering he gives them, and that's not something you hear very often.

I'd be interested to see him match up on someone like Elliot Yeo against West Coast.
Just quietly started working my way through the DVD collection of this years games. Watched our game against Sydaknee this arvo n geez the old KMac put some serious heavy perdoonk work into some of their players. He was crashin n bashin n chasin everywhere, miss the damn hardnut doofus. He was fun to watch

Reactions: 4 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
don't need to develop Macca in the backline. What has been our advantage? We play our players to their strengths. Macca is a winger who has the ability to run all day. That's his strength. He will replace Ellis.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Given Rance’s sudden departure I wouldn’t be surprised to see McIntosh tried in a key defensive role this year. At the very least he would provide some cover.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I think he has potential as a defensive forward/midfielder, someone that takes the opposition's Houli.

He is a very good runner and he is flint hard. I've personally heard opposition players talk about how they don't like playing on him because of the physical battering he gives them, and that's not something you hear very often.

I'd be interested to see him match up on someone like Elliot Yeo against West Coast.

Interesting take TBR. I think he's a grunt, and as such he plays a role and pulls his weight. You need to get through the season to play at the pointy end, and blokes like KMac muck in and get it done week in/week out. I think we will see plenty of him.

Reactions: 1 users