Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Unfortunately i think the writing is on the wall for Kmac and will only get worse for him with the development of the younger players like
Naish , Turner , Ralphsmith ,RCD and the additions last year in Stack & Pickett

Caddy has now taken his Role and is an upgrade on kamdyn and wont be long before the others go ahead of him also.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
He’s plug and play should the need arise but has certainly fallen down the pecking order when all things are equal.

(Nice cliche overload there.)

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He’s plug and play should the need arise but has certainly fallen down the pecking order when all things are equal.

(Nice cliche overload there.)

You left out 'hes really important to the way we play'

Kmac is a great depth player. Versatile and tough. He kicked 3 in a q final.

I dont think hes best 22, but im really glad hes on our list

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Grover will take the field for the Tigers next season, how often will be dependant upon his form.

He may possibly get first crack at getting his wing spot back after Bobble's departure.

However the Tigers first team is changing now unlike 2017-2018 where it was fairly static apart from Higlett and Soldo getting in games in 2018.

Bolton, Stack, Balta, Chol, Baker, Ross, Dekka and Pickett were hoyed into the machine and a new game style has come out of injury adversity again and brought another flag to the club as it did in 2017.

K Mac is a beast of a defensive runner and space taker, but that was covered somewhat by Bobble, Prestia, Graham and lLamberts two way running, even with Broad also often tied up on opposition Key Forwards.

The Tigers are moving not standing still.

Rance's loss even just around the club could be critical.

Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
You left out 'hes really important to the way we play'

Kmac is a great depth player. Versatile and tough. He kicked 3 in a q final.

I dont think hes best 22, but im really glad hes on our list
Still often think about the tackle he laid on Daisy in his early days. Was un itger like at the time. Good bit of mongrel in him but is as fair as you could ask for.
Strong and powerful.
Lost his way a bit last season but good to still be in the team colours.

Reactions: 4 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Still often think about the tackle he laid on Daisy in his early days. Was un itger like at the time. Good bit of mongrel in him but is as fair as you could ask for.
Strong and powerful.
Lost his way a bit last season but good to still be in the team colours.
He did get lost, lost confidence in his kicking particularly - but I have spent the past few years as a quiet fan. When playing well he hits more targets that you'd expect (particularly the tough, longer, flatter kicks that most less-skilled players can't make). I'd be stunned if we don't give him a good crack this year, he's a good unit to have on the list.

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
A couple of games there he made a few very poor turnovers and then was gone. I wonder if he was a bit lax about working on his kicking/decision making decisions?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
KMac will be back, count on it. I love him. Not for elite skills, but because he never, ever gives up. We need some hardness around the ground.
It's all there for him. I'm backing him to take the opportunity.

Reactions: 9 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
KMac badly injured at training on the Gold Coast.

INJURED TIGER “SET FOR LONG STINT ON SIDELINES”

Richmond wingman Kamdyn McIntosh has suffered an ankle injury during today’s training session on the Gold Coast.

According to Channel Seven reporter Mark Stevens, McIntosh is “set for long stint on sidelines” but has escaped knee damage.

He sustained the injury in a tackle and was carried from the field to undergo X-rays. There are concerns that he may have syndesmosis damage.

The 25-year-old played 16 games in 2019 but fell out of favour and subsequently missed the club’s Grand Final win over GWS.

Richmond is yet to confirm the severity of McIntosh’s injury.

The Tigers are currently on the Gold Coast completing a pre-season training camp.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Absolutely sucks for him as apparently was having a very good pre season. Likely due to falling out of favour last year.
Will make it hard for him from here to force his way back into the team.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Paddy Naish will feature heavily against Collingwood one feels.

McIntosh wasn't in the GF 22, not sure Naish slips in before the likes of Graham/Stack if they are available. Or even Higgins if he is up and going by then?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Absolutely sucks for him as apparently was having a very good pre season. Likely due to falling out of favour last year.
Will make it hard for him from here to force his way back into the team.

Agreed Toots, Grover needed to hit the ground running and obviously knew that himself, the departures of Bobble and Rance opened the door for him to get back in, but if he has a serious injury ie syndesmosis then he will be under real duress to get back.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Agreed Toots, Grover needed to hit the ground running and obviously knew that himself, the departures of Bobble and Rance opened the door for him to get back in, but if he has a serious injury ie syndesmosis then he will be under real duress to get back.
FWIW, probably better it happened now and not later.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Great opportunity for Naish and Turner to fight it out for a round 1 berth. Hasn't Ross been training on the outside as well? He'd also be in the frame.

Not sure Stack has the endurance for a wing role.