Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Great opportunity for Naish and Turner to fight it out for a round 1 berth. Hasn't Ross been training on the outside as well? He'd also be in the frame.

Not sure Stack has the endurance for a wing role.

In what universe would Stack not play before Naish or Turner?

Plenty of options for the HBF/wing role.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
In the universe where he doesnt have the endurance to run back and forward all day - i.e. the one we live in

Stack has played half-back and half-forward. He will be fitter this year. I'm not suggesting Stack play in Ellis spot however he will be selected in the 22 in front of the 2 you named every time. You do understand we have other options for Ellis spot? Caddy on one wing & one of Rioli/Pickett/Houli/Balta/Short...there are plenty of options. Shai could slip up to the wing. Baker could play that link role.

And, with only Ellis unavailable from the GF 22 you think Naish & Turner have somehow jumped over Graham or Stack for a spot in the 22? They may look at playing Garth as a key defender and moving Short or Houli up the ground.

Stack is in any sides best 22 in almost any position.

Reactions: 1 users

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Jazz, Ellis is an unbelievable runner and was a big reason we slowed teams down when they tried to counter. His defensive running is unheralded outside the club.

none of these guys you mention could do what Ellis did for us.

KMac could and he’s down. Naish potentially can but will need time and some senior exposure.

I think you will find that Naish is on that wing against Collingwood in early March.

stack? He’ll find a place but if you think it’s in the Ellis role you’re in la la land.

Reactions: 1 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Jazz, Ellis is an unbelievable runner and was a big reason we slowed teams down when they tried to counter. His defensive running is unheralded outside the club.

KMac could and he’s down. Naish potentially can but will need time and some senior exposure.

I think you will find that Naish is on that wing against Collingwood in early March.

stack? He’ll find a place but if you think it’s in the Ellis role you’re in la la land.

Jazz said "You do understand we have other options for Ellis spot? Caddy on one wing & one of Rioli/Pickett/Houli/Balta/Short...there are plenty of options." It may not be in Ellis' running role, but he'll play if fit.

I wouldn't have thought Caddy would fit into that running role either, but he managed it pretty well. So can others.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Jazz said "You do understand we have other options for Ellis spot? Caddy on one wing & one of Rioli/Pickett/Houli/Balta/Short...there are plenty of options." It may not be in Ellis' running role, but he'll play if fit.

I wouldn't have thought Caddy would fit into that running role either, but he managed it pretty well. So can others.

Jazz was wrong.

rioli - no. Dimma is on record as saying he prefers Dan on the forward flank.

pickett -a natural born rover. Wasted as a link man and defensive runner.

Houli - far, far better behind the ball running in straight lines. We need him down back.

short - see Houli. Does not like to run back with flight. Not suited to long two way running.

balta - will be groomed as a key position back to take load off Astbury and grub.

stack - best 22, and my gut feel is he will replace baker (who’s been awesome)

KMac was in line for the Ellis spot. Now he’s down, guys like Naish will be given an opportunity to shine in the role.

we don’t shoehorn guys where they don’t quite fit. We play them to their strengths.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Clubs often release a grading that isn't exactly accurate, it depends on the scale they are using so the action taken is always the best clue as to what type of injury it is.

If it is truly 'low grade', it will mean no surgery and 6-8 weeks on the sidelines, ready to play in 10-12.

If surgery is required then he will out 12-16.
Hopefully it's not the leg he had the syndesmosis on a few years back, as that kept him out for a fair while, a repeat of that injury might possibly cause delays to healing. He wasn't in a moon boot after the scans, up on crutches. Hoping he doesn't miss to much time out n gets a full chance to reclaim his place in the side.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017

I didn't say Stack would play the Ellis role but I reckon Stack could play anywhere (even ruck). Houli could play the role easily and better than Ellis did (but you lose that defensive linkman). Short has the same lack of run with the flight ability Ellis had so could see him playing the role.

Ellis was borderline best 22, he is eminently replaceable as indicated in his interview recently - he was told he would not be renewed in 2020 halfway through 2019. That's not a vital cog right there.

WIll Naish play in a practice match - likely. Will he be best 22 this year if no injuries? No chance. Zero, zip.

Oh, and you are so wrong on Baker, he will not be dropped. He will be top 10 B&F this year, the kid is a bona fide future gun.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
I didn't say Stack would play the Ellis role but I reckon Stack could play anywhere (even ruck). Houli could play the role easily and better than Ellis did (but you lose that defensive linkman). Short has the same lack of run with the flight ability Ellis had so could see him playing the role.

Ellis was borderline best 22, he is eminently replaceable as indicated in his interview recently - he was told he would not be renewed in 2020 halfway through 2019. That's not a vital cog right there.

WIll Naish play in a practice match - likely. Will he be best 22 this year if no injuries? No chance. Zero, zip.

Oh, and you are so wrong on Baker, he will not be dropped. He will be top 10 B&F this year, the kid is a bona fide future gun.

love baker. Will play a ton of games for us. Stack will go back and something’s gotta give.

bakes won’t be top 10, you’re on the meth.

stack comes in regardless, no one said he wouldn’t.

and you underestimate Ellis.

for a guy who was told he was expendable halfway through the season, we clearly valued him enough to take him into a second grand final when we had a reasonably injury free list.

he’s worth more than we can pay, simples

and finally, no one said Naish is best 22. I said he will feature heavily in our pre season games.

by the end of the season, who knows?

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Stack definitely won't play the Ellis role, unless he drastically changes his body shape. (Someone did mention he was down a lot of weight)

Those outlet guys cover huge kms at high effort, they need to be lean, low body fat %, rangy types. Think Ellis, McIntosh, the Hills, Isaac Smith, Whitfield etc, etc........

You might play one wing as a different type like we did with Caddy but you have to have one of those types to provide the connection all teams need.

Correct weight

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
and you underestimate Ellis.

for a guy who was told he was expendable halfway through the season, we clearly valued him enough to take him into a second grand final when we had a reasonably injury free list.

No, the club got rid of him, told him he would not be renewed. This club doesn't do knee-jerk, Ellis was seen as replaceable not vital. They will have a plan for the wing and I'm tipping it aint Naish in 2020.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
No, the club got rid of him, told him he would not be renewed. This club doesn't do knee-jerk, Ellis was seen as replaceable not vital. They will have a plan for the wing and I'm tipping it aint Naish in 2020.

Thanks genius.

If you don’t think the club hopes Naish can eventually take the wing then you are more clueless than I thought.

no one is saying round 1 or even regular 22.

but he will get games and it will be on the wing.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
KMac was in line for the Ellis spot. Now he’s down, guys like Naish will be given an opportunity to shine in the role.

Doubt it. KMac was pushing a battle up hill. Ellis role was over rated, that's why Tigers had no qualms letting him go. An uphill battle for KMac now. Doubt we'll see him again with the plethora of young talent in the wings. Prestia, Edwards, even Cotchin have taken on wing roles before. If someone like Ross or RCD comes in and performs well it opens up other midfielders to be used more outside. Quite a few options and opportunity for youngsters now.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I reckon KMac could get back into the firsts if he listens to the coaches and tweaks his playing style on the wing a little. He will never be a star but his tank and ability to cover the ground to team orders is invaluable to our game plan