Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I loved his speech, more so than Short’s.

If anyone had predicted that Short would win the Jack Dyer, a bloke dropped during the year would come fourth and K-Mac would come fifth, I would have bet we would have missed finals.

It’s the embodiment of a team. Jake Niall said yesterday that Richmond 2020 was the best-coached team he’d ever seen. Rings true when you look at the JDM results.
My wife’s favourite player.
Loves his ‘style’.

Congratulations KMac. Wonderful comeback from last years disappointment...

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
If anyone remembers or wants to remember the loss to collingwobbles in 2018, they showed Big Mac hunched over dry reaching at the final siren .
That loss hurt him. wears he heart on his sleeve.

Reactions: 1 user

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Noticed that his kicking has really improved this year. Looked like he was bombing them a good 60 - 70m in the GF, to good spots at that.

Great to see him add this, along with goal-kicking, to he arsenal moving forward.

Reactions: 2 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Noticed that his kicking has really improved this year. Looked like he was bombing them a good 60 - 70m in the GF, to good spots at that.

Great to see him add this, along with goal-kicking, to he arsenal moving forward.
You're forgetting the best improvement.................................his hair!!!! My what a thatch he's managed to regrow!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Congratulations Flappers
What an achievement top 5 in a premiership year.
The Running Man....20201028_094727.jpg

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Duel Premiership Wingman KMac,

is the most important wingman of the modern era.

whenever the *smile* that is

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
KMac reacted really well to the disappointment he must have felt last year. It’s an example to the younger players.

Reactions: 6 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland

Great to see him add this, along with goal-kicking, to he arsenal. moving forward.

Sorry. Had to. ;)

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I'd love to know what he did to improve his kicking? His ball drop doesn't look like it has changed much but his kicking is much more reliable.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I don't know about "putting the doubters back in their place". His doubters included the coach, who dropped him for the '19 GF. The resilience required to keep his *smile* together, fix things and work his way back into the team is impressive big time. To then win a premiership as a critical player is just reward to himself and to his teammates, who needed more from him and got it.
Bit harsh there, hut.

Maybe my old memory is slipping but from my perspective, KMac was in our best for quite a number of early games last year, when we were seriously struggling with injuries.

He lost some form and was dropped for the last 6 H&A games. Sorted himself out by playing well in the VFL. Was an emergency for the '19 GF (missing out on a VFL GF medal like Ross).

A footy club needs genuine blokes like Kamden. :)

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Bit harsh there, hut.

Maybe my old memory is slipping but from my perspective, KMac was in our best for quite a number of early games last year, when we were seriously struggling with injuries.

He lost some form and was dropped for the last 6 H&A games. Sorted himself out by playing well in the VFL. Was an emergency for the '19 GF (missing out on a VFL GF medal like Ross).

A footy club needs genuine blokes like Kamden. :)
Maybe I worded that incorrectly. Not saying he was suffering attitude problems, more that he needed to work on his positioning and composure to suit the strategy. He was dropped and missed , as you say, both Premierships in consecutive weeks. It would be really easy to jump ship and go get a game somewhere easier, but instead he stuck with it and got his second medal.

• Love

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
I'd love to know what he did to improve his kicking? His ball drop doesn't look like it has changed much but his kicking is much more reliable.
Not much. His long kicking has always been good. He's been a big, straight kick on the run since day one.

The only thing that's really changed is that his instructions on what to do with the ball are simpler, and suit his strengths. With his decision making made easier, he has more time to take his kicks with balance and purpose, and direct them to a target.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
"Every time we play these *smile* I end up with *smile* McIntosh. The *smile* has no talent and just bashes you all day. Every *smile* time you think you're out he just *smile* smashes you.'.

Anonymous AFL player at a huddle in early 2017. Made me laugh and I always reckon McIntosh would love the description.
We want names. Lol

• Haha

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
"Every time we play these *smile* I end up with *smile* McIntosh. The *smile* has no talent and just bashes you all day. Every *smile* time you think you're out he just *smile* smashes you.'.

Anonymous AFL player at a huddle in early 2017. Made me laugh and I always reckon McIntosh would love the description.
Daisy Thomas, he felt the wrath. Who else tiger fans?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I remember 4-5 years ago having massive arguments with a fellow poster here bout Kamdyn, I spent so much time defending him and the said poster would not stop bagging the bloke like he was his personal enemy. I wonder if he is still visiting this thread