Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Thought Rampe turned side-on to avoid illegal front-on contact. Reckon our blokes would've remonstrated if they saw anything suspect about it, even on such a lacklustre day. KMac's kamikaze attack on the ball in a no-win situation is to be commended.
It doesn't matter if he spun a 720 ' the head was hit GONE..

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well said DS. Where's the formality they should follow? These flogs just had a field day staring at the Swans arses yesterday. We, Richmond, even pay fines for the softest of citings or reportings.

What I really don't get is that this is precisely what makes them vulnerable to being sued. They understand the risks, information is incomplete, they can argue that the rules they have put in place are a reasonable response to the identified risk. When they don't follow their own rules they are wide open to legal action.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Dangerfield hit on Vlastuin was reviewed. While I believe it was a separate and deliberate striking motion from Dangerfield, I can understand why they gave him the benefit of the doubt.
The incident between Geelong Cats' Patrick Dangerfield and Richmond's Nick Vlastuin from the first quarter of Saturday's game between Richmond and the Geelong Cats was assessed. The ball is loose. Vlastuin and Dangerfield approach the ball from opposing directions. Dangerfield punches the ball and in the process makes high contact to Vlastuin. It was the view of the MRO that Dangerfield's actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.
Think this one will also get a mention as "assessed, no action taken".

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Can you be KO'd and not suffer concussion?

Nope, and that’s already quite far past the line for concussion.

Balance is the most obvious sign for us supporters to notice. Anytime someone looks wobbly after a head hit, their brain will show changes for 12 months.

Most of the recovery happens within days, and then months, with about 95% recovery happening within 2 months. A range of deficits (coordination for one) will be reduced for weeks, gradually healing week by week. Additional head knocks can cause a lot of trouble during this time, like returning from a hammy and feeling the hammy tighten up. Keep running and you risk tearing it worse than before.

Does anyone remember if he copped any head knocks during the first 2 rounds this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
My point is don't these flogs go through the formality of reporting or citing a player who concusses another?

In this case, it was despicable to even pay a free against Dash Kam.
Sorry I thought your point was Rampe could have avoided the head. No I don't believe it's a formality. This is very different imo to say the Dangerfield case. Totally accidental and I don't think anyone wants players being suspended through no fault of their own.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
2 tough players going hard at the ball, that’s what our game was built on, sadly sometimes someone’s going to get hurt.

Anyone know what the free was for ?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dangerfield hit on Vlastuin was reviewed. While I believe it was a separate and deliberate striking motion from Dangerfield, I can understand why they gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Think this one will also get a mention as "assessed, no action taken".
Reckon you've got it right there L2R2R. Only one issue I have with both scenarios. No free kick for the head high contact. Hundreds of times a weekend, players accidentally fall into an opponents back as they lurch forward when tackled. Tackles accidentally slip high as players shrug off the tackler. Players accidentally dispose of the ball incorrectly as they are tackled. Free kick, free kick, maybe free kick.

Richmond player gets decrapitated yet it's nothing to see here, play on at best. Something seriously wrong between the mealy mouthed *smile* that dribbles from the flogs in suits at H.Q. and the way the umpires are interpreting and adjudicating the head contact rules.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I love KMac, but this incident is exactly what the old saying "never put your head where your arse will fit" was designed to prevent. Rampe's action was pretty much old school textbook. Unfortunately, 'the head is sacrosanct' mantra now incentivises players to lead with their heads.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
I love KMac, but this incident is exactly what the old saying "never put your head where your arse will fit" was designed to prevent. Rampe's action was pretty much old school textbook. Unfortunately, 'the head is sacrosanct' mantra now incentivises players to lead with their heads.
Im legitimately struggling to see how it was below the knees contact against Kam. I might be biased but all I see is Kam reaching for the pill and none of his body impacts Rampe below his waist let alone the knees.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Im legitimately struggling to see how it was below the knees contact against Kam. I might be biased but all I see is Kam reaching for the pill and none of his body impacts Rampe below his waist let alone the knees.
Oh, yeah. No way was it a free against Kaps.

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
Didn’t the ball spill out, then was kicked and a Swan marked, then the umps stopped play because of KMac’s injury? Once play resumed, the Swan had the ball.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Old style 60's n 70's footy where if you were stupid enough to stick your head in the hole, an opponent was entitled to attempt to remove it for ya n then hand it back on a plate.
Game's changed a hell of a lot since then n with the drier faster grounds and increased congestion around the ball players would be getting wheely binned off the ground every time they go near a ground ball.
No choice but to make the head a sacred site and supposedly protect the first player in with his head down trying to get the pill.
Pity it's never a rule when a Richmond player gets his sacred site trampled upon.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Was paid as a free against KMac for below the knees contact, woeful decision as the KMac did not contact Rampe below the knees. How these umpires keep getting games I don't know.

As for the head hit, the rules state that this should go straight to the tribunal for adjudication, there is no discretion in the rules as written by the AFL. Then it is up to the tribunal to assess whether it was just in the play or the player who laid the hit could have avoided collecting the head.

We can agree to disagree on individual incidents, I reckon Dangerfield in the GF at the very least led with his elbow, Rampe I reckon was a classic in play incident. But this is for the tribunal to decide, not the MRP or anyone else, it is a mandatory visit to the tribunal.

But getting the AFL to abide by the very rules they write is an impossible task.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hopefully flappers comes out of this Ok.
Getting knocked out is harder to recover from then doing your knee.