Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Different code , similar scenario,

You never hear the Melbourne storm complain about travel ,

They just get the job done year after year and stick it up Sydney ,

Maybe these sides should be looking at them as inspiration instead of complaining .
Correct. Is it a coincidence that teams that get on with the job and don't whinge about how hard done by they are, are the teams that taste success? RFC and the Storm are 2 good examples. Control the controllables, and don't stress about things that are out of your control.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He creams himself at everything port does.
He was silent the week WC slapped the *smile* out of them.
And considering they blitzed us, they beat us by 2pts.
If castagna was more coordinated we would've won.
Big ball slapper Cornes

Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Add the NZ Warriers to that list too.
And don't the Warriors every second week have to go through Auckland Customs, get through Australian Customs, then back to an Australian Airport, go through our Customs, then through Auckland Customs again and filling paperwork on all journeys.

That would be more mentally taxing waiting around international lounges and on flights than flying Adelaide to Melbourne, Adelaide to Sydney......

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
They’re not Richmond. That 30+ years of being a laughing stock played with peoples heads. Us being good just doesn’t make sense to them. It can’t possibly be because we’re a talented, well run team with excellent coaching. There has to be some external reason no matter how silly it sounds.
Probably. I get the feeling that even if we won another one somehow it would be talked down.
Amongst my footy supporting friends in Melbourne it’s the opposite. They are all very concerned that we will win it again because they reckon at our best no one can beat us

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Not sure what has caused Cornhole to hate the Tigers so much. I know the email that Troy Chaplin sent to the playing group when he left Port peed them off. Whatever the reason it's bloody hilarious, long may his hatred keep eating away at him.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Not sure what has caused Cornhole to hate the Tigers so much. I know the email that Troy Chaplin sent to the playing group when he left Port peed them off. Whatever the reason it's bloody hilarious, long may his hatred keep eating away at him.
There’s an interesting rivalry between us and Port. I think it started when they beat us and Williams refused to let them sing the song in the rooms afterwards, because they’d only beaten Richmond.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
We smashed them in his 300th and final game and finished his career. It was a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
There’s an interesting rivalry between us and Port. I think it started when they beat us and Williams refused to let them sing the song in the rooms afterwards, because they’d only beaten Richmond.
Corncob was saying it started when Choco Williams was coach. Use to drum into them that Richmond would strut around on field despite not winning anything in years. We were team that deserved to have its nose rubbed into it.
Unsure why Williams hated the tigers so much and why we took him on as a coach.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
We smashed them in his 300th and final game and finished his career. It was a thing of beauty.
That's one thing about the Richmond Tigers be we sh!te of great. We seem to be the party poopers for opposition milestone or send off games.

Come to think of it, we have a party to poop on this coming Saturday, and quite fittingly, it happens to be for a guy with a poop shaped cranium playing for a team that's been poop pretty much all of his career.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Last night,
He was asked who he likes watching.
Without hesitation he said Port, Footscary and Melbourne.
The 2 times we were brought up, he was silent.
He even asked lyold 'Do you still have them at number 1 (us)?"
Llyold without thinking about it, said Yes.
Even jabba was praising us last night.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Notwithstanding the Port Guernsey BS ...it warms my heart knowing he would've had his pisss well and truly boiled by the Tigers winning tonight ........ campaigner he is.

Now if the Bears can turn over the Kochies it will be wonderful

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Know for a fact he dislikes us back from his playing days as we were "lippy" and "lacked respect".
This straight from the mouth of the sleazy Dad, Graham.