Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
Carey on Walker was almost as bad as Bruce gushing about Cyril last night.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Made the mistake of watching Footy Classified after the Beatles One Night only last night.

Kane didn’t miss the opportunity to bag out Dimma. Said he was disrespectful, Shouldn’t talk about other clubs, only his own.

I’ll remember this next time a coach talks about another club and Kane says how refreshing it is to hear a coach be frank and honest.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Made the mistake of watching Footy Classified after the Beatles One Night only last night.

Kane didn’t miss the opportunity to bag out Dimma. Said he was disrespectful, Shouldn’t talk about other clubs, only his own.

I’ll remember this next time a coach talks about another club and Kane says how refreshing it is to hear a coach be frank and honest.

But it's ok for Kane to take pot shots at everyone from the cheap seats without any semblance of respect or any inside information, purely because he is in the "media"

Reactions: 3 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013

Sorry Tim. Your excuse for watching that drivel is unacceptable. Give yourself an uppercut!:)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

The best thing is he has written the tigers off for the year. Said we could not win. Gives me confidence. Now we just need Kingsight to say we are done.

Cornball also said the hawks were his smokey for the flag. With a straight face!

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The best thing is he has written the tigers off for the year. Said we could not win. Gives me confidence. Now we just need Kingsight to say we are done.

Cornball also said the hawks were his smokey for the flag. With a straight face!
The Hawks were his smokey? Odd, he was also bagging them out and their ageing list.

It’s almost like these guys change their opinion week to week......

• Haha

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I don’t mind most of the recently retired players who have joined the media , HOWEVER , after firstly having some respect for Cornes for playing 300 AFL games as well as been a Premiership player and also having a crack at been a Fireman, but now I don’t think the media has seen a Bigger attention seeker , constantly comes up with utter *smile*, his a hypocrite and most of all his an annoying flog. I don’t follow anything he is involved with now.

Frankston Timmy there will be no guess passes for you in 3121 after bringing this thread up :ban

Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

Cornes and Hardwick have a clear dislike of each other.

Not surprised that Cornes took a shot at him while the opportunity was there, regardless of whether Cornes was right or wrong with his opinion.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Cornes and Hardwick have a clear dislike of each other.

Not surprised that Cornes took a shot at him while the opportunity was there, regardless of whether Cornes was right or wrong with his opinion.

Surprised Cornes would allow personal issues to cloud his judgement.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Cornes is an attention seeker, he hasn't got a positive thing to say about anyone or anything.

Reactions: 2 users

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Cornes is no more than a Sam Newman/Andrew Bolt type attention-seeker.

The less attention paid to him the better. Which is quite a shame, as he was quite a player and could give decent insights/analysis on the game, but instead just goes for pot-shots and easy headlines.

He and Robbo should be at the front of the line of footy media to get the chop. But I won't hold my breath.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
don't listen to him, but he's got one of those heads you wanna pour an inexpensive drink over ...

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I'm going the other way here by saying i don’t mind Cornes. Yes he’s an attention seeker, but he’s a change from the regular sycophantic AFL media. Controversy is good. controversy between 2 premiership teammates is better.

But what does annoy me is his constant carrying on about Geelong deserving home finals at the cattery. He is just so wrong on that and his mind is too clouded to understand it.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
don't listen to him, but he's got one of those heads you wanna pour an inexpensive drink over ...
I try not to listen to him, his feud with Tex Walker is school girl like. Apologies to my fellow female PREnders.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
Cornes/Robbo are the poster boys of the AFL media in this country
Cornes is the prototype of the quality and intellect of the media in this landscape

no analysis just opinions based on little more than personal biases and payments (cash for non logical comments)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The only reason Cornes has a job is because he deliberately goes out to produce clickbait. Says stupid things so that the rest of the Crocmedia stable can spend the week discussing it.

Cornes and Browne are the two current journos who will say/print anything that they think will raise their profile. It's their #1 motivator.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The only reason Cornes has a job is because he deliberately goes out to produce clickbait. Says stupid things so that the rest of the Crocmedia stable can spend the week discussing it.

Cornes and Browne are the two current journos who will say/print anything that they think will raise their profile. It's their #1 motivator.

Fkkkkkll i hate that word "clickbait"
What happened to being a fair dickum kokhead.
On the other hand iwould love to use Cornes as bait.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Its all click bait these days all media is rife with it.

Hutchie is a Presstitute ............................... a euphemysm for Journos who will do anything and say anything for a story or reaction.

His whole organisation thrives on it.

Social Media is awash with it, hence I no longer play there.

• Sad