Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
He said he gave up, thats slagging him.

I don't think it is in a footy context. He definitely gave up a couple of times, I remember the forward pocket one happening live and saying Treloar has snatched it, didn't bother to chase at all. He wasn't tired or injured because the play rolled on and he dashes back into the picture when the ball doesn't exit as quickly as he anticipated. In that effort, he gave up.

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Its not possible to go too far when commenting about Karen Cornhole. He deserves all the shite he gets and then some

Can't agree King, I can't remember too many times, if any, where he has been personal in his criticism.

Sure he has polarising and often nonsensical footy views, but they are just his footy views or the ones he portrays anyway. People should go as hard as they like on his footy views, but not on the personal stuff I think.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Canberra
Karen gives it out but can’t take it. The Bevo feedback was spot on. He has taken Barrett down before also and they both deserve a good kick up the arse. Bravo I say.
And let’s not lose sight of the likelihood that as an ex Port player he was seeking to add pressure on a doggies player ahead of what Port pundits and many others thought would be a walk in the park.

Cornes was showing his true colours.

But if his considered opinion, let’s not call it bias, was formed in light of the knowledge that his target has anxiety issues, and these have been acknowledged previously by Treloar and the commentators, then there’s an apology owed to Treloar and more kudos to Beveridge!!

Reactions: 3 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
I reckon Cornes stepped over the line in his criticism of Trelour. Not good to be laying mental wellbeing related stuff at the feet of a player who has admitted he has struggled with that from time to time. Made even worse by his obvious desire for PA to win, as @Bernie mentions above.

But I also reckon Bevo's response was way over the top, and he should apologise. Could have made his point without engaging the same mind-game tactics that cause demons in other people's head.

Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
But I also reckon Bevo's response was way over the top, and he should apologise. Could have made his point without engaging the same mind-game tactics that cause demons in other people's head.
Hardwick’s “That’s his job, he’s there to write sh!t comments” pretty much covered it.

They’re very confident footy fans in Adelaide. Maybe Kornes should roll out “got ahead of themselves” at his own club.

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Hardwick’s “That’s his job, he’s there to write sh!t comments” pretty much covered it.

They’re very confident footy fans in Adelaide. Maybe Kornes should roll out “got ahead of themselves” at his own club.
Karen is like his sour old man. Whinging, whining pricks. Love to sook it up and give it out but cannot take it and fess up when they were proved wrong. Not many admirable qualities in that mob.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Karen is like his sour old man. Whinging, whining pricks. Love to sook it up and give it out but cannot take it and fess up when they were proved wrong. Not many admirable qualities in that mob.
Every been to Adelaide? If there was ever a medal for whinging and bitching, Adelaide would be gold medalists

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Has he said what a serial underachiever port are yet?
2 years in a row, basically been given a dream run with their draw. Almost handed the flag on a plate only to choke in the penultimate game on their home ground.
Anything from him about that?

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Yes, I should have put "allegedly" in there somewhere. That's what's been alleged by Wilson.

If true, it's bad.
How will we ever know? Another of Wilson's sources?

I prefer Cornes. At least we know everything he says is his own made up rubbish. Caro passes opinion as fact.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Every been to Adelaide? If there was ever a medal for whinging and bitching, Adelaide would be gold medalists
Lived there for about 8 years for work when we were crap and when the Crows started in the AFL and won their flags. I know all about Vics ‘stealing their footballers’ and SA Great and had to listen to his bitter old man making a living out of being ungracious. That is the best way to describe Cornes senior and junior.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
I agree, what he did was much worse than what any journo did. All they did was give a correct appraisal that Treloar played horribly and without effort in that game, it was obvious to anyone watching.
They are paid to comment on the game. Good, bad, indifferent. Multiple journos including respected x players highlighted his poor efforts.

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
By the way I don't think the Cornes pumping up Port line of thinking stands up.

He's less popular with Port, both internally and externally than he is in Melbourne.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Cornes would have a players perspective, you need to acknowledge that.

Then he should have more empathy, especially if as suggested Treloar has issues, and simply comment on his form. He went beyond that IMO.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

He's less popular with Port, both internally and externally than he is in Melbourne.
Do you know why that is? Interesting situation given that he is a 300 game premiership player for them.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I think it’s fair to say Karen is equally hated by all clubs.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Do you know why that is? Interesting situation given that he is a 300 game premiership player for them.

Not sure, I'm assuming it is they don't like the criticism from time to time. It often tends to cut deeper when people feel like one of their own should look after them more.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not sure, I'm assuming it is they don't like the criticism from time to time. It often tends to cut deeper when people feel like one of their own should look after them more.

Same thing happened to Caroline Wilson and Richmond.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What an absolute fkstick turns up to the game on Saturday night all dressed in Port shiit.
Like Beveridge wasn't going to use the footage of the weasel calling them Chockers 3 weeks ago.
Hinkley should knock him out .
Can't not believe he has survived this long in the AFL media.
His tongue is about a metre up jabba Hutchys ass.