Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I have to say, don't agree with a send off rule. Would maybe entertain the idea of a sin bin for maybe 15 minutes or a quarter, but send off, no thanks, I can just imagine how badly the AFL would f*ck it up.

DS
It should be used for clear cut cases like this one.
Soccer has had red cards for ever and a player can be sent off for 2 slightly mis-timed tackles. Plus you have to play out the remainder of the game with one less.
Unlike soccer, you'll be able to replace the player with someone off the bench.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yes soccer have the red card - since forever - how many games played at elite level - how many reds given and how many of those reds were a mistake - bugger all I would have thought.

This Prestia case demonstrates clearly why it is needed - surely as a sport we are long past influencing the outcome of a game by an illegal / thuggery act.

I umpired hockey as a junior with 3 cards in my pocket - it’s not that hard.

But the AFL jump at shadows, they have no spine.

Reactions: 2 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Yes soccer have the red card - since forever - how many games played at elite level - how many reds given and how many of those reds were a mistake - bugger all I would have thought.

This Prestia case demonstrates clearly why it is needed - surely as a sport we are long past influencing the outcome of a game by an illegal / thuggery act.

I umpired hockey as a junior with 3 cards in my pocket - it’s not that hard.

But the AFL jump at shadows, they have no spine.
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure there would be no guarantee that Stewart would be sent off under a red card scenario anyway, he is such a good bloke and all.
I do know what would happen if it was Marlion Pickett on the other hand!
Game day is so inconsistent from lunch to dinner let alone Friday to Sunday or week to week.
The issue isn't Stewart and Dion it's the *smile* AFL. Now the wankers had better sort out Stewart and set a high bar.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I have to say, don't agree with a send off rule. Would maybe entertain the idea of a sin bin for maybe 15 minutes or a quarter, but send off, no thanks, I can just imagine how badly the AFL would f*ck it up.

DS
Not just the AFL. Imagine what the umpires would do with a sin bin card coupled with their bias and the weeks nit-picking interpretations

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
AFL is the only sport in the world without a send off rule.
What would be the reaction if Stewart did it in the Grand Final?

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
there is form by Geelong ala 1989 grand final.Coach admitted the pre meditation as well

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Red card would only give us something else to whinge about when one of our players is sent off because of it lol. Umpires have a hard enough time making the right calls now, let's not add another thing for them to have to adjudicate.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The biggest punch on you would ever see in a sporting event..it would make the 1985 GF look like a push & shove.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
We don't want a red card system. Pickett and Lynch would barely play a quarter.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
We don't want a red card system. Pickett and Lynch would barely play a quarter.
Taking out the bias and the tradition, logically a sin bin or send off should be introduced. So the league should bring it in, because as far as they are concerned justice is blind.

But yeah, in practice, Pickett's chances of selection in big games would diminish.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Good to see Clarko give Karen a whack. Cornes claimed Clarko doesn’t rate the draft, Clarko retorted that that’s a claim from “a shock jock who hasnt done their research”.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Good to see Clarko give Karen a whack. Cornes claimed Clarko doesn’t rate the draft, Clarko retorted that that’s a claim from “a shock jock who hasnt done their research”.
Is Cornes just bitter and twisted that he never had the intellect to coach when he comments on 2 blokes in particular. .... Dimma his teammate and Clarkson who coached him at Port for a couple of years?
Must've been a pretty unpopular figure over there at sh¡tsville!

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

“Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes believes AFL player wages should be made public in the interest of protecting players' mental health and wellbeing”

I couldn’t care less one way or the other what players get paid, but I am interested in how much Karen is being overpaid for his clickbait opinions. Can someone ring up and ask him on air what he’s getting paid. I’m interested in his reaction :)

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

“Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes believes AFL player wages should be made public in the interest of protecting players' mental health and wellbeing”

I couldn’t care less one way or the other what players get paid, but I am interested in how much Karen is being overpaid for his clickbait opinions. Can someone ring up and ask him on air what he’s getting paid. I’m interested in his reaction :)
Why do journalists call him “great”?
Never seen him be “great” at anything

Reactions: 1 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Every time I see the Cornes thread when I open it I'm hoping to see the RIP comment. RIGHT IN POO!

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008

Adding to your comment how does making your salary public help your mental health and wellbeing? Actually could have the reverse effect.Strange comment by Cornes IMO.