Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Cornes on Teague:

”He is too nice on this playing group. And he lacks the killer instinct of a Clarko, of a Chris Scott and Chris Fagan, that we,ve seen this year in the best coaches.”

Can you spot the missing name?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Fun reading through this thread.
Nothing changed for the small man

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Cornes on Teague:

”He is too nice on this playing group. And he lacks the killer instinct of a Clarko, of a Chris Scott and Chris Fagan, that we,ve seen this year in the best coaches.”

He did the same thing in relation to the best captains this year.
Mentioned - Selwood & couldnt remember the other name.
No mention of Cotchin.

Selwood has hardly played much this year...

Typical.

Reactions: 1 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Would love for that idiot Cornes to call into Ballarat on the way through to Hickslaide one day. A few boys up that way would like to see him trying to eat a corn cob without any teeth.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Cornes on Teague:

Leon Cameron right? Kane is pretty superficial. Leon is the only other AFL coach with either a surname or first name that starts with a 'C' for Cornes that is not on that list.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Cornes on Teague:

He couldn't possibly know anyway.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Cornes on Teague:

The question on SEN breakfast was who is this years coach of the year and the list was out of Hinkley, Fagan, Scott, Longmuir and Longmire.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
The crazy thing with all this...I have stopped watching all footy media due to this click bait approach. What is hard to reconcile is it seems most posters on this forum have also. Who is watching this crap?

It's a shame that TV, radio and the web are basically no go zones! For US sports I've turned to podcasts for more sensible discussion and analysis. However unless I'm missing something - AFL doesn't seem to have good pods. I did try Footyology for the first time and it was OK.

Reactions: 5 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
It is a shame. I watch games and Front Bar only on TV. No other footy shows. For Richmond games I have to have the sound turned down.

I used to watch them all a few years ago.

Reactions: 4 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Longmire?

Anyway, Rohan Connolly doesn’t miss Kornes on espn.com.au

That is an excellent article. Unfortunately he represents the minority in the AFL media.

This year more than any other year I have heard more and more people turning away from watching and consuming AFL media. The thing is - once people turn away and move on from "needing" it in their lives, I struggle to see how they will ever be won back over. I for one do not miss it at all and now have evenings free to do other things. Interesting times.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
It is a shame. I watch games and Front Bar only on TV. No other footy shows. For Richmond games I have to have the sound turned down.

I have hearing difficulties, so I watch all my TV shows with earphones to avoid disturbing the misses. But when Richmond is playing, I don't bother with them. Its unbearable.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I haven't watched footy programs for a couple of years now. I've even dropped off Front Bar. Don't miss them one bit.
I get my footy info from what I see from watching games on the telly, the thoughts/insights of esteemed PRE contributors, the occasional article in The Age or The Australian, and the club's website.
It's funny. I read comments on here about this so called expert said this or that (usually to create a faux outrage), and I get a warm inner glow that I'm not wasting my time by watching that cr*p. Or it's the drinks kicking in :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
The crazy thing with all this...I have stopped watching all footy media due to this click bait approach. What is hard to reconcile is it seems most posters on this forum have also. Who is watching this crap?

It's a shame that TV, radio and the web are basically no go zones! For US sports I've turned to podcasts for more sensible discussion and analysis. However unless I'm missing something - AFL doesn't seem to have good pods. I did try Footyology for the first time and it was OK.
Don’t mind the podcast’s either Spirit , but for other type of information.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Good to hear most of us the same in relation to this media. I found myself frustrated by the school yard commentary.
This is a direct parallel for me to news outlets, my wife still watches CH7 news like a religious zealot and last Thursday was sitting with her watching too. Prior to the first ad break I had had enough.
It's all crap.