Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
we are down to 4. Lowest I think . Must admit Lynch Prestia 1 and 2 in Brownlow plus Captain Nank are worth more than a dozen GWS refugees. And Tarrant played 20 games
Yep the AFL must stop Richmond raiding other clubs

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
So in 5 minutes the Cob makes 3 points, bearing in mind he has been effusive in his belief Cotchin should have retired last year and isn’t pulling his weight.

1. Asked whether J Selwood should go on. “Selwood can do whatever he wants is my answer. He monstered Neale last week and he has earnt the right..’.
seriously Selwood is that far ahead of Cotchin….???

2. The two best coaches in the AFL coach Sydney and Geelong

3. ‘We saw a few weeks ago when Dustin Martin was a liability for Richmond underdone players don’t work.’ Have heard him bang on about Dusty being a liability a few times. Tigers Had no choice but to play him that night.

I wouldn’t care if Cob ran from Mars to Punt Road I wouldn’t donate a cent to his charity, I will find another one

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
So in 5 minutes the Cob makes 3 points, bearing in mind he has been effusive in his belief Cotchin should have retired last year and isn’t pulling his weight.

1. Asked whether J Selwood should go on. “Selwood can do whatever he wants is my answer. He monstered Neale last week and he has earnt the right..’.
seriously Selwood is that far ahead of Cotchin….???

2. The two best coaches in the AFL coach Sydney and Geelong

3. ‘We saw a few weeks ago when Dustin Martin was a liability for Richmond underdone players don’t work.’ Have heard him bang on about Dusty being a liability a few times. Tigers Had no choice but to play him that night.

I wouldn’t care if Cob ran from Mars to Punt Road I wouldn’t donate a cent to his charity, I will find another one
It's funny this world
Selwood has been ducking since day dot.
The media have tip toed around him and he is the most admired bloke to play the game.
Bur Gillivan does the exact same thing and is torched by everyone in the media..
I'm not saying what Gillivan does is right but Selwood has been doing it since 2008.
Cotchin is far the superior captain

Reactions: 7 users

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
Ginnivan said on SEN early in the piece that it was funny that Selwood had a go at him because that’s who he based his game on.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Ginnivan said on SEN early in the piece that it was funny that Selwood had a go at him because that’s who he based his game on.
Sounds like the apprentice vs the master and the apprentice won

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Credit where it is due, ran a marathon and a half a day for 12 days and raised 337 grand for kids with cancer.

The man is a hero.
He *smile* me as a footy shock jock but what he has done is unbelievable. Fantastic effort.

Reactions: 4 users

Judge Smailes

The world needs ditch diggers too!
Dec 17, 2003
Adelaide
He *smile* me as a footy shock jock but what he has done is unbelievable. Fantastic effort.
I was driving Adelaide to Portland last Tuesday... approached a van with hazard lights.... then saw Kane-O jogging along.... it was all I could do to stop myself winding the window down and yelling "how does the Prestia deal look three flags later ya flog!!!", but I was wearing work uniform so thought better of it. :) What we need to remember here is that Cornes media persona is contrived by the likes of Croc (of *smile*) media, he plays the shock jock BS "love to hate" guy and everyone falls for it because we are so passionate about our footy. As a man, I'm sure he isn't anywhere near the character he portrays in the media. I am from Glenelg in Adelaide and idolised his father Graham back in the 70s aas a player and as a coach in the 80s when Kane-o and the Chad were players. Even Graham had a media persona that was somewhat combatitive, but he is a bloody nice bloke who gives you plenty of time if asked. In a nutshell, Kane - media flog and Kane -human and father, are completely different beings.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I was driving Adelaide to Portland last Tuesday... approached a van with hazard lights.... then saw Kane-O jogging along.... it was all I could do to stop myself winding the window down and yelling "how does the Prestia deal look three flags later ya flog!!!", but I was wearing work uniform so thought better of it. :) What we need to remember here is that Cornes media persona is contrived by the likes of Croc (of *smile*) media, he plays the shock jock BS "love to hate" guy and everyone falls for it because we are so passionate about our footy. As a man, I'm sure he isn't anywhere near the character he portrays in the media. I am from Glenelg in Adelaide and idolised his father Graham back in the 70s aas a player and as a coach in the 80s when Kane-o and the Chad were players. Even Graham had a media persona that was somewhat combatitive, but he is a bloody nice bloke who gives you plenty of time if asked. In a nutshell, Kane - media flog and Kane -human and father, are completely different beings.
So a zero by day and a hero by night?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
I can only judge him on what he says, and he says it with full conviction, so to me, that is him, and I will judge him on that. I don’t like him.
The run was a huge effort, but if he wasn’t such a negative biased wanker he may have raised double

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Good on him for raising money for the kids , however there’s plenty of ordinary people who’ve done things for charity to make themselves better in the public eye. I’m tipping not a cent came out of his own pocket and the run was more for his own self satisfaction then the kids , was probably doing it anyway and just came up with a way to get himself a free pair of shoes .

I always think the day he was caught out running on the road , blocking traffic just because the trees on the running track block out his gps not giving a rats about the people in cars trying to get to work .

Can only speak for myself , however don’t know anybody who respects the bloke or listens to him , in fact like myself many find he does more harm for the AFL then good .

Pretty ordinary bloke imho

• Dislike
Reactions: 9 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Good on him for raising money for the kids , however there’s plenty of ordinary people who’ve done things for charity to make themselves better in the public eye. I’m tipping not a cent came out of his own pocket and the run was more for his own self satisfaction then the kids , was probably doing it anyway and just came up with a way to get himself a free pair of shoes .

I always think the day he was caught out running on the road , blocking traffic just because the trees on the running track block out his gps not giving a rats about the people in cars trying to get to work .

Can only speak for myself , however don’t know anybody who respects the bloke or listens to him , in fact like myself many find he does more harm for the AFL then good .

Exactly. It's like how the Hells Angels used to do their annual toy ride for the Royal Children's Hospital because they're all such good blokes.

It's a public relations exercise to con the feeble minded

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Fair and balanced post. I thought good on him too but was thinking also the adulation is akin to excusing an individual for other ordinary acts. Extreme example but you are hardly going to applaud Martin Bryant if he embarked on a charity money raising venture while locked away. Use of the word "hero" is absurd.

Reactions: 6 users

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Can not believe the amount of people who let him live rent free in there heads.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
As a general comment, crap people often do good things. It may be part of a pyschological desire for redemption or simply that goodness is hard to keep constantly repressed. Sometimes people use good causes or good acts as a mask or camouflage for despicable acts of evil, see Jimmy Saville.

I can't comment on Cornes' personal character. His public proclamations on football do, however, show an ignorance and lack of intellect on this topic.
But so do mine.

Whatever the motivation, except for a wilful effort to obtain a position for exploitation, raising money for kids with cancer is a generous and worthy act of selflessness. It doesn't make him a hero, it is what decent human beings do. And kudos to him for doing it.

Reactions: 2 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Exactly. It's like how the Hells Angels used to do their annual toy ride for the Royal Children's Hospital because they're all such good blokes.

It's a public relations exercise to con the feeble minded
The Hells' Angels don't do a toy run in Australia for the Royal Children's Hospital. They do them in the States, but I doubt any donations make their way over here.

The MRA (now the VMC in Victoria) have been holding annual toy runs since late 70s, donating toys to the Salvo's.
People who think all bikers are Hells Angels or from other outlaw MCs might be a bit feeble minded...:cool:

• Haha