Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Anyone else hear this dumb goose on SEN this morning? Quoted: "Sonia Hood needs plan A, B, C, D, F and E".....twice!!

Even gaffed that Luke Jackson's going to North Melbourne. How do motormouths like this get media jobs bewilders me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Was it Kano who was sooking it up, the other day, about the stronger clubs via trades getting stronger? But it’s ok for Port to go after Jack Graham, Horne-Francis and Dunkley to name a few? Or was it someone else?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone else hear this dumb goose on SEN this morning? Quoted: "Sonia Hood needs plan A, B, C, D, F and E".....twice!!

Even gaffed that Luke Jackson's going to North Melbourne. How do they motormouths like this bewilders me.
It’s like he just makes everything up

Reactions: 1 user

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

Even gaffed that Luke Jackson's going to North Melbourne. How do they motormouths like this bewilders me.
Put him in to a aged home care. I think the poor little wrinkled up bastard has dementia
He can keep the others entertained by running laps around the grounds

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Even gaffed that Luke Jackson's going to North Melbourne. How do motormouths like this get media jobs bewilders me.
I listened, it was hilarious. He said it correctly a little later, without acknowledging he had *smile* it up previously.

I was hoping a caller would bring it up with him. Surely it makes OTB on Saturday morning?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I listened, it was hilarious. He said it correctly a little later, without acknowledging he had *smile* it up previously.

I was hoping a caller would bring it up with him. Surely it makes OTB on Saturday morning?
Definitely will. I crucify myself in listening to Crutchy and Pickers at times.:))

I was waiting for him to whinge about the McKay 8 year deal......heard nothing.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He is shiiitng himself..anyone who called in this morning 'what do you think he is worth"
When Sam Edmund came on he told Cornes he will 100% cost Port 2 1st rounder.
Crickets, he didnt know to laugh or cry.
He isn't sure what to do? Bag port for giving a kid that has issues fitting into club life 2 1st rounders or cry they about to lose 2 picks under 10 for a kid that really showed nothing this year.
Grab the popcorn kids....

Reactions: 1 users

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
At it again this morning on SEN He pontificated that only 8 clubs could win the premiership next year and that the have nots will never be able to climb the ladder with things the way they are. He feels equalisation measures are not working
He had several solutions and guess what - they involve teams "like Richmond" :mad::rolleyes:
So Richmond ( and then he grudgingly added Collingwood but it was richmond first should not get to play in front of big crowds on the MCG so often as this means the clubs that dont will lose players who want to play in front of big crowds :oops::eek::mad: No mention how this would work ie are we to be consigned to small grounds so we can no longer play in front of big crowds
then the club that has won 3 premierships in 5 years is able to take 2 players from the club that finished bottom 4 ( no mention of the fact that said bottom 4 club had a down year this year but before that had finished in top 4 for years and was a grand finalist 3 years ago :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Next was if you are a top team you are not able to participate in free agency :vomit:vomit:vomit:vomit:vomit:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:
Again no mention of other clubs just us

I know i know click bait, turn off , all of that but it is very hard to ignore

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
At it again this morning on SEN He pontificated that only 8 clubs could win the premiership next year and that the have nots will never be able to climb the ladder with things the way they are. He feels equalisation measures are not working
He had several solutions and guess what - they involve teams "like Richmond" :mad::rolleyes:
So Richmond ( and then he grudgingly added Collingwood but it was richmond first should not get to play in front of big crowds on the MCG so often as this means the clubs that dont will lose players who want to play in front of big crowds :oops::eek::mad: No mention how this would work ie are we to be consigned to small grounds so we can no longer play in front of big crowds
then the club that has won 3 premierships in 5 years is able to take 2 players from the club that finished bottom 4 ( no mention of the fact that said bottom 4 club had a down year this year but before that had finished in top 4 for years and was a grand finalist 3 years ago :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Next was if you are a top team you are not able to participate in free agency :vomit:vomit:vomit:vomit:vomit:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

Ok, we,ll play at PRO instead!

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Thank you for taking one for the team

One click added to his count is better than each of us visiting individually and adding more clicks

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon

I was listening too this morning. He actually said it “how is it fair that Richmond get a massive free kick with the number of games they play at the G”.

That irked me a bit. So I looked up who played where in 2022.

Richmond _ 14 games at the G
Collingwood - 14 games at the G
Melbourne - 15 games at the G.

These games are a combination of home and away games as we play each other at the G.

So I texted in as I was annoyed, asking how does this translate into a massive free kick to Richmond when we have been a tenant since the 1950’s. Collingwood same number of games and Melbourne 1 more. Not a free kick for them?? Was it a free kick to us in 2016 when we finished 13th?? Or only a huge bonus since 2017?

Geelong, had 6 games at the G, 4 home and 2 away and then a heap at the Cattery, playing their narrow ground in front of their adoring fans as no-one else can get in.

Also questioned his snipe at us taking 2 top quality players from a bottom 4 side and asked what was his opinion of Port taking the number 1 pick from the team that won 2 games for the year. Queried if that was a bit close to home for him to be critical of that.

Didn’t hear it read out.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs

What an @rseclown!!

Taking stupidity to new levels!!! :rotfl1

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I was listening too this morning. He actually said it “how is it fair that Richmond get a massive free kick with the number of games they play at the G”.

These games are a combination of home and away games as we play each other at the G.

So I texted in as I was annoyed, asking how does this translate into a massive free kick to Richmond when we have been a tenant since the 1950’s. Collingwood same number of games and Melbourne 1 more. Not a free kick for them?? Was it a free kick to us in 2016 when we finished 13th?? Or only a huge bonus since 2017?

Geelong, had 6 games at the G, 4 home and 2 away and then a heap at the Cattery, playing their narrow ground in front of their adoring fans as no-one else can get in.

Also questioned his snipe at us taking 2 top quality players from a bottom 4 side and asked what was his opinion of Port taking the number 1 pick from the team that won 2 games for the year. Queried if that was a bit close to home for him to be critical of that.

Didn’t hear it read out.
Heard someone call in towards the end having a go at him, and sounded lost for words. What a joke this moron is.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

This is not new. Going in to every season for the past 20 odd years there are maybe eight teams apparently capable of winning it. Midway through the season that number has halved and by finals it’s down to two or three genuine contenders

The AFL’s equalization measures don’t widen the pool of contenders, if anything it narrows it. What equalization does do is enable upward mobility of non-contending teams into contenders but there are no guarantees and the process is slow. It also punishes perennial mid-tier teams but that’s another discussion.

Maybe the top clubs have figured out how to exploit the system but really the only evidence to support that so far is Geelong who have remained a contender way longer than expected. They could just be an outlier?

Anyway, if you want to do something to help the struggling clubs get them some decent administrators. It’s abundantly clear that way too many clubs are run by moronic *smile*.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Didn’t hear it read out.

People from interstate never get it.

Playing 14 games at the MCG is not the advantage they think it is. Most of these games are neutral against other MCG tenants.

We might play 3 or 4 against interstate teams where we get proper home ground advantage… But we are also forced to play a home game against an interstate team at the neutral Marvel Stadium every year. We played Freo at Marvel this year… they actually played at Marvel more times than us in 2022.

Take away derbies, interstate teams get 10 home games where they get proper home ground advantage. Interstate teams get it far better than the VIC Teams. Miles better. But the likes of Cornes just don't see it.

The only thing I’ll concede is that we receive an advantage playing in the stadium where the GF is held. But even then the ticket allocation is 50/50… and its not our fault our home ground is the home of football.

Reactions: 6 users

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012

Next he will want a cap on supporters.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

The reason why the SA clubs dont attract players is cos they are in SA.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
That's it.All Richmond home games will be played at Stanley next year.Cornes can then watch from the little mound overlooking the town which is called the nut,like him.