Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Kane trying to cover his tracks as a Richmond hater I assume.
Nah. Just Cornhole agreeing with the blindingly obvious.
Shai as a young n budding champion of the competition gets a five year deal on good coin to take him through his absolute premium footy years is an absolute no brainer.
Seven year deals for Tarantino n Grass hopper, while very good players is to my line of thinking and also Cornholes a couple of years over.

Depending on whether you're trying to keep or attract players, my overall feel is that three to five year deals is maximum for very good players. Premium elite gets seven year deals ie. Dusty or Shai type talents that can regularly tear massive holes in games in a big hurry.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
He’s tipped Carltank for Premiers next year.
Don’t know about premiers but there is definitely expectation to perform in 2023.

Past two Coleman medalists, All-Australian full back, reigning Brownlow medalist and another All-Australian calibre midfielder currently on their list. Carlton need to start delivering and do it soon.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Don’t know about premiers but there is definitely expectation to perform in 2023.

Past two Coleman medalists, All-Australian full back, reigning Brownlow medalist and another All-Australian calibre midfielder currently on their list. Carlton need to start delivering and do it soon.
They lose Weitering to injury they are in serious Barney Rubble against quality opposition forward lines.

Weitering is quality and without him their defence is threadbare especially with Marchbank being injury plagued and no Jones.

Cripps, Walsh, Curnow Mc Kay and Weitering are their absolute keys. The foundation of their structure.

Williams, Cerra, Acres , Hewett, Marchbank, and Martin are also going to be very important for them.

They can cover losing Curnow for short periods as they have done without him for seasons on end in years past, but not McKay, and short term maybe cover for Walsh with (Cerra Williams, Hewett, Kennedy etc) but they cannot cover Weitering, especially without Jones, and they definately can't cover for Cripps.

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Yep

Vossy will need to deliver the goods with that list.