Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
if it wasn't deliberate it was a throw anyway. Double handed open palm scoop.

Absolutely not. He hit the ball with his hands without taking possesion as clearly indicated by the definition of a throw in the 2020 laws:

"Throw: shall be given its ordinary meaning, but also includes the act of propelling the football with one or both hands in a scooping motion. For the avoidance of doubt, a Player does not throw the football if the Player hits, punches or taps the football without taking Possession of the Football."

It's the second sentence that applies here and negates the scoop motion.

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
Cant believe people are even debating this. The hartlett OOB was as blantant a free as they come. Pay that every day of the week.

Reactions: 12 users

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
The possession before the DOB, there was a high elbow fend by the port player but i suppose that doesnt suit the whinging port narrative

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Absolutely not. He hit the ball with his hands without taking possesion as clearly indicated by the definition of a throw in the 2020 laws:

"Throw: shall be given its ordinary meaning, but also includes the act of propelling the football with one or both hands in a scooping motion. For the avoidance of doubt, a Player does not throw the football if the Player hits, punches or taps the football without taking Possession of the Football."

It's the second sentence that applies here and negates the scoop motion.

yeah, that's what i said. It was throw.

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
They showed Clangerfield after the Brisbane win. Just walked around with his chest puffed out, like he’s the man.
Didn’t see him shake hands with any Brisbane players.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
They showed Clangerfield after the Brisbane win. Just walked around with his chest puffed out, like he’s the man.
Yeah, it was odd. The siren went and Danger was standing next to some Lions player who was bent over in despair. Danger looked at him and thought “nah, *smile* it, I’m not shaking hands or consoling you” and walked away.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
Cornes on Saturday said Dusty was the best player in the comp and Hinkley didn't tag Dusty.
Cornes on Sunday said Dangerflop is the best player in the comp and no Brisbane player went near him.
How many best players in the comp are there?

• Haha

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Cornes on Saturday said Dusty was the best player in the comp and Hinkley didn't tag Dusty.
Cornes on Sunday said Dangerflop is the best player in the comp and no Brisbane player went near him.

Two?

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I don’t think Danger is really all that popular outside of Geelong. He does have this air of ‘I’m too good for you’ about him.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
That’s why I’m adamant the game was really well umpired , the interpretation was consistent, it would have been farcical to neglect the HH one
Can’t believe there has been zero comment on when McKenzie walked the ball over the boundary immediately after the Ebert incident in the same spot (Lambert pocket) later in the last quarter. Not one comment either on here and certainly not on broadcast, too busy extolling the (very) courageous act by Ebert ..... but it was the most deliberate OOB of the night.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
And Great Scott going to him straight after the game and ‘whispered’ into his ear something.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Changes weekly on these two.
Saturday will sort it out.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

He actually said Dusty was the best finals player of all time.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Yeah, it was odd. The siren went and Danger was standing next to some Lions player who was bent over in despair. Danger looked at him and thought “nah, *smile* it, I’m not shaking hands or consoling you” and walked away.
Noticed that also; he was probably to busy pretending to still be ‘in the zone’, knowing the camera would probably be on him at that point.