Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
As with all trolls, the best way to deal with Cornesbait is to stop giving him oxygen (Oops I just did.)

I've blocked him on socials & turn him off when on SEN.
His business model is looking for an emotive reaction.
Keep getting outraged by him & you're giving him exactly what he wants.
Don't complain, simply ignore.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
As with all trolls, the best way to deal with Cornesbait is to stop giving him oxygen (Oops I just did.)

That's the way to go! They're not real opinions, outrage, praise, or analysis because it's not their job to report facts to you.

The media's job is to get your eyeballs and sell them to the highest bidder.

Attention is where it's at these days. Protect those eyeballs, people :cool:

Reactions: 1 users

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
When Todd Marshall gets to free-agency I hope we grab him for nothing. Give him a six year deal just to watch the saltiness.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
same here , absolutely *smile* me that he’s ridiculous click bait seeking headlines some how still pop up on my feeds , in saying that I never click .

Seriously I can’t see what good a lot of these journos do for the game , I can only speak for myself , however I know they make me turn off I certainly never feel like watching “footy” because of something they’ve said or wrote

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

Tottaly agree stop replying
Stop calling that radio station
And it will go away.
If you don't hear it, it can't effect you

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Problem with the shock jock is that you can block him, but his attention-grabbing statements then get latched upon by the rest of the media and you hear them ad nauseum throughout the week.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
And it will go away.

Agree - only way to get rid of him is to turn him off. Low ratings will mean goodbye Karen.

When advertisers realise Richmond fans have boycotted Karen they will pull their ads from his show and away he'll go.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I live in Adelaide and see old Kane pounding the pavement quite a bit.
I saw him running on the road a few years ago where i live, i was in my car and i have to admit i did briefly consider my options.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I saw him running on the road a few years ago where i live, i was in my car and i have to admit i did briefly consider my options.
I'm not sure whether I should be commending you for your restraint, or admonishing you:mhihi

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
And it will go away.
Go one better.

Send emails to his sponsors, advising that you are actively boycotting their products whilst they sponsor Cornes.

It mightent do anything but if enough people do it then you never know.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Could start by deleting this thread.

On our Grand Final day in 2019 or 2020, this thread was the #1 most active thread on this forum...

That tells you everything you need to know about how successful the internet era media can be at their job.

Up to us to see through it.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
If I see him jogging along I won’t “briefly consider my options”. If he’s on the road, he’s fair game. I’d even reverse backwards and forwards, just to check his condition

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
I don’t hear Cornes on radio being up here in Brisbane.

But I don’t get the angst a lot of you express.

To me it seems like something we should be celebrating, that Cornes is so triggered by everything Richmond that he loses all sense of rational thinking.

Sounds dead set hilarious and entertaining to me.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Obviously should have thought a bit longer n reconsidered your first choice.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Read somewhere we have one of the least amounts of imports on our list in the comp. You never hear him sook about Carlton that has like 18 or whatever. His criteria seems to be as long as it’s Richmond it’s bad.
16: Cerra , Williams, Fogarty, Kennedy, McGovern, Docherty, Martin, Marchbank, Newman, Pittonet, Hewitt, Newnes, Boyd, McDonald, Saad, Setterfield we’re on their list in 2022.

Plus:

2: Jones and Betts last season.

3: Lang, Goddard, Moore in 2020.

4: Garlett, Lobbe, Pickett, Fasolo, Thomas, Phillips, Deluca in 2019

So 25 players from other clubs in the last 4 seasons.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Read somewhere we have one of the least amounts of imports on our list in the comp. You never hear him sook about Carlton that has like 18 or whatever. His criteria seems to be as long as it’s Richmond it’s bad.
we are down to 4. Lowest I think . Must admit Lynch Prestia 1 and 2 in Brownlow plus Captain Nank are worth more than a dozen GWS refugees. And Tarrant played 20 games

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
we are down to 4. Lowest I think . Must admit Lynch Prestia 1 and 2 in Brownlow plus Captain Nank are worth more than a dozen GWS refugees. And Tarrant played 20 games
We had Lynch, Prestia, Nank, Tarrant plus Caddy and Parker on our list in 2022.

And Houli, Weller, Grigg and Townsend between 2019-2021. 10 to Carlton’s 25 over a 4 year period.