Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Seriously? He says *smile* on radio and TV and has a clear bias against the RFC. Big deal. You guys are making out he’s Rolf Harris.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Surely we all understand that football media are all about clickbaiting. Let's not fall for that crap and stop taking it so seriously. Jack Dyer said some horrible things about Collingwood and their supporters but everyone in football loved him. Why do we insist on making everything a personal affront? Sometimes I am so dismayed about how fragile football supporters have become.
I have always loved the kaliedescope of characters in the football world and always choose to laugh rather than get all upsidoosy and throw the toys out of the cot.
But then I'm a dinosaur...

Reactions: 7 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Surely we all understand that football media are all about clickbaiting. Let's not fall for that crap and stop taking it so seriously. Jack Dyer said some horrible things about Collingwood and their supporters but everyone in football loved him. Why do we insist on making everything a personal affront? Sometimes I am so dismayed about how fragile football supporters have become.
I have always loved the kaliedescope of characters in the football world and always choose to laugh rather than get all upsidoosy and throw the toys out of the cot.
But then I'm a dinosaur...
Dear achillesaurus I reserve the right to castigate these “clickbaiters” when appropriate whenever they have a crack at our club and/or players.
They’re a mob of scabrous pricks who should all be sent to the Ukraine front line, so they can learn the reality some humility

Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Dear achillesaurus I reserve the right to castigate these “clickbaiters” when appropriate whenever they have a crack at our club and/or players.
They’re a mob of scabrous pricks who should all be sent to the Ukraine front line, so they can learn the reality some humility
Just don't lose any sleep :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm not a fan but good on Cornes for raising money for charity.

A sceptic might say it's a bit of a PR exercise to gain popularity (Shane Crawford many moons ago) because people have tired of his negative schtick but at least he's done it.

GhostofJimJess

Tiger Cub
Oct 4, 2015
Credit where it is due, ran a marathon and a half a day for 12 days and raised 337 grand for kids with cancer.

The man is a hero.
Well, at least good on him for giving the money to kids cancer rather than the end-of-season Port footy trip.

But the bloke has said publicly many times that he runs for fun - it's his thing, and he does hundreds of km's per month as his favourite sport. So affording him full credit for going on this charity run would be like me claiming hero status for me going off and playing golf for ten straight days.

I've got a better idea - why doesn't he just shut his mouth about Richmond for ten successive days? I'd definitely chip in for that.

Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Yeah. Good on him for raising all that money.
But he’s still a wanker.

• Haha

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Can not believe the amount of people who let him live rent free in there heads.

Exactly, ooo the bad man said something about football that isn't what I think so I hate him now.

People are so *smile* childish sometimes. The bloke has just pushed himself to superhuman levels to raise a lot of money that can make the difference between kids living and dying and it's like, yeah that's ok but he hasn't said anything good about my footy team this week so I don't rate it.

Reactions: 5 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Exactly, ooo the bad man said something about football that isn't what I think so I hate him now.

People are so *smile* childish sometimes. The bloke has just pushed himself to superhuman levels to raise a lot of money that can make the difference between kids living and dying and it's like, yeah that's ok but he hasn't said anything good about my footy team this week so I don't rate it.
Who said they don’t rate it?
I didn’t like him prior, am I supposed to like him now?

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Nah, as I thought. Most who don’t like him acknowledge the run. Some may question his motives, but nobody downplays the magnitude of the run that I saw with a quick recap. Just a lot don’t like him. Not sure why that bugs you

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Nah, as I thought. Most who don’t like him acknowledge the run. Some may question his motives, but nobody downplays the magnitude of the run that I saw with a quick recap. Just a lot don’t like him. Not sure why that bugs you
Has anyone seen clickbait cornes and TBR in the same room?……..Surely not..it couldn’t be..

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Cornes will be apoplectic! Sydney have signed Papley to a 5 year deal meaning Papley will be 31 when this contract runs out. 31, same age as Tim Taranto when his contract with Richmond runs out…. And a whopping 6 months younger than Jacob Hopper when his contract runs out. Outrageous!

Reactions: 1 user