Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
SAID HANRAHAN

"We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,In accents most forlorn,Outside the church, ere Mass began,One frosty Sunday morn.The congregation stood about,Coat-collars to the ears,And talked of stock, and crops, and drought,As it had done for years."It's lookin' crook," said Daniel Croke;"Bedad, it's cruke, me lad,For never since the banks went brokeHas seasons been so bad.""It's dry, all right," said young O'Neil,With which astute remarkHe squatted down upon his heelAnd chewed a piece of bark.And so around the chorus ran"It's keepin' dry, no doubt.""We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,"Before the year is out."The crops are done; ye'll have your workTo save one bag of grain;From here way out to Back-o'-BourkeThey're singin' out for rain."They're singin' out for rain," he said,"And all the tanks are dry."The congregation scratched its head,And gazed around the sky."There won't be grass, in any case,Enough to feed an ass;There's not a blade on Casey's placeAs I came down to Mass.""If rain don't come this month," said Dan,And cleared his throat to speak--"We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,"If rain don't come this week."A heavy silence seemed to stealOn all at this remark;And each man squatted on his heel,And chewed a piece of bark."We want a inch of rain, we do,"O'Neil observed at last;But Croke "maintained" we wanted twoTo put the danger past."If we don't get three inches, man,Or four to break this drought,We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,"Before the year is out."In God's good time down came the rain;And all the afternoonOn iron roof and window-paneIt drummed a homely tune.And through the night it pattered still,And lightsome, gladsome elvesOn dripping spout and window-sillKept talking to themselves.It pelted, pelted all day long,A-singing at its work,Till every heart took up the songWay out to Back-o'Bourke.And every creek a banker ran,And dams filled overtop;"We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,"If this rain doesn't stop."And stop it did, in God's good time;And spring came in to foldA mantle o'er the hills sublimeOf green and pink and gold.And days went by on dancing feet,With harvest-hopes immense,And laughing eyes beheld the wheatNid-nodding o'er the fence.And, oh, the smiles on every face,As happy lad and lassThrough grass knee-deep on Casey's placeWent riding down to Mass.While round the church in clothes genteelDiscoursed the men of mark,And each man squatted on his heel,And chewed his piece of bark."There'll be bush-fires for sure, me man,There will, without a doubt;We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,"Before the year is out."
John O'Brien
Love it and never more apt - written over 100 years ago . Some things never change

Reactions: 2 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Isn’t the age difference the obvious, or am I missing something?
I think Taranto has plenty of good footy ahead, probably 5 years given his professionalism, maybe more. I think Mitchell has two, he's the perfect addition for a club challenging, especially a club needing a clearance winner. In the long run Taranto wins easily ignoring all the draft capital, but you can't dismiss the two eighteen year olds who should be clicking around their third year. Mitchell would have been a plug and play to support the ageing workforce. If we're talking middling I think it will be more likely with two 7 year contracts chewing up significant cap space. In all honesty, I think Taranto will be an acquisition in the same way Kane Johnson benefitted the club, I also don't think dipping into next year's pool was wise, not after a 12th place finish in 2021.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
When I think of 'topping up'. I think of Houlihan, Hudson & Kingsley (shudders).

Like Prestia before them, Taranto & Hopper are primed A grade talent. if they believe in our youth coming through like they say they do I can see why they've done it.

That said nothing is guaranteed. Only time will tell how it works out.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
When I think of 'topping up'. I think of Houlihan, Hudson & Kingsley (shudders).

Like Prestia before them, Taranto & Hopper are primed A grade talent. if they believe in our youth coming through like they say they do I can see why they've done it.

That said nothing is guaranteed. Only time will tell how it works out.
Bisscombe, Hilton, Brennan, Jackson, Baldwin, King, Powell, Keays.
Topping up

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Cornes: “The umpires weren’t friendly to Port, 21 frees to 4 at half time”.

Stop whingeing Kane!

• Wow

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Cornes: “The umpires weren’t friendly to Port, 21 frees to 4 at half time”.

Stop whingeing Kane!
Dykehead enjoying himself. Full of bias, self-centred and waste of energy to listen to. That childish statement on Geelong players smiling when running out through the banner BEFORE the game started was the laughter of the week.

How does this prick get PAID?????

As for this Footy Show, they can't even get a proper agenda on....where's the Rich v Carl game?????????

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good to hear Figgy give Cornhead an 'ice bath'' re: Hornyboy. This 5 year old should be outed from sports media . Now he's blaming North for not doing what Hinkley did in putting his arms around him.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
It's relentless now. With this knob now.
Someone should remind him best team in the last 10 years dkhead.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
'Potentially put up a top 5 pick"
We won't finish below 8th.
Even with a shitt/average year we will finish in the 8.
There are sides sooo shittt this year they will be lucky to win 5 games. WC, Nth, Essendon, Hawthorn Even Gc.
I agree we haven't got any quality Talls coming through.
We used to be the best in bringing good Talls. Not anymore.
We won't?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Kornes' rant on the Footy Show yesterday about the treatment was one of the most hypocritical rants i can ever recall. And that is saying something.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Karen being a hypocrite? No way! He never whinges about Richmond getting 14 home games only when Port get them. He never whinges about Richmond signing players on 7 year contracts, only when Port do. He never whinges when Richmond are “arrogant” only when Port are……

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Yeah I saw that on First Crack last night. Had a very direct swipe at Cornes and his "journalism" last night. Ironic that Cornes is calling out the booing when he was the 1 lighting the fire underneath it and then running away.
He has created this.
Hinkleys issue shouldve been directed straight to Cornes.
He has baited the north Melbourne football club and the supporters.
The kid gets booed, not because he left North, it's the shiit that Cornes gave them when he left. Ice bath, no senior players as looking after him, no leadership etc.
It would be interesting to see how kane wouldve been if he come to us. He wouldve buried him.
*We sold the farm.
*800k on a untried.
*The kid is undispline.
*He dosent like being told what to do.
I reckon Hinkley has made it worse with what he said. This going to be as bad as the Goodes booing. It won't stop it will pick up now.
All caused by Kano.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He has created this.
Hinkleys issue shouldve been directed straight to Cornes.
He has baited the north Melbourne football club and the supporters.
The kid gets booed, not because he left North, it's the shiit that Cornes gave them when he left. Ice bath, no senior players as looking after him, no leadership etc.
It would be interesting to see how kane wouldve been if he come to us. He wouldve buried him.
*We sold the farm.
*800k on a untried.
*The kid is undispline.
*He dosent like being told what to do.
I reckon Hinkley has made it worse with what he said. This going to be as bad as the Goodes booing. It won't stop it will pick up now.
All caused by Kano.

Agreed. Cornes created this rhetoric. If it was just a kid that wanted to move home, there wouldn't have been this reaction. This reaction is to the mummys boys rhetoric where he refused to do those things that are expected of you to aid recovery etc.

I don't think Hinckley necessarily helped too much calling it a courageous decision. He made the right decision for him certainly, but I'm not sure that was courageous and over emphasising what it was has the chance that it comes back to bite him.

I wouldn't boo him, it didn't happen at my footy club but I can understand why some supporters are riled up and it all comes back to Cornes.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Yeah I saw that on First Crack last night. Had a very direct swipe at Cornes and his "journalism" last night. Ironic that Cornes is calling out the booing when he was the 1 lighting the fire underneath it and then running away.
Fortunate that he didn’t go on to become a firefighter. Can you imagine all those extra fires that mysteriously get lit

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Listen to the Weasel questioning Kingy on Cornhead starting the fire about Horny. Like standing up for the little sooky boy.

I hope North fans rip into these 2 pricks.