Kayne Pettifer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kayne Pettifer

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Does anybody know the contractual situation with Kayne Pettifer? Is it true that he is out of contract and is a chance to leave the club via the PSD? I would be disappointed if this was the case after all the time that's been put into his development. What's the story???

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
taraba said:
Does anybody know the contractual situation with Kayne Pettifer? Is it true that he is out of contract and is a chance to leave the club via the PSD? I would be disappointed if this was the case after all the time that's been put into his development. What's the story???
taraba i wouldnt worry to much about the time we have put into pettifer. he has developed very little in his time at the club has glaring weaknesses is generally over rated and imo will not make it.
i believe the only reason he has been retained at the club is to cover the fact he was a top 10 pick its the same reason why we hung on to fiora so long.

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
[quote author=londontiger
I think he will turn into a servicable mid fielder

I actually think he may develop into a backman. He played a few games off the HBF last year and I thought he did OK. Other than that I think his options are fairly limited.

TrueTiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2004
Croydon
taraba said:

May i asked what development have we put in to Kayne. The only reason people that he did any good towards the end of this season is Terry said on radio that he needs more time on the Ground Danny! and thats what he got. If he did go in the draft I like many richmond fans i am sure would not miss him what so ever!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TrueTiger said:
The only reason people that he did any good towards the end of this season is Terry said on radio that he needs more time on the Ground Danny!

You think Danny listened to Terry's coaching advice? ;D

Kayne was playing for Coburg towards the end of the season, and not doing much there either. ;)

hopper

Vile weed!
Jul 28, 2004
Darwin
I like Pettifer's prospects this year. It's obviously a make or break year for him but I think he will be allowed to develop in one spot. I'm hoping TW has him earmarked for a HBF (no jokes about that please) or a HFF. He has strong skills and good hands. I see him being an asset and hope that he can develop towards a Chris Johnson (HBF) type or a Brett Heady (HFF) type. He might not end up as good as those guys but even the best teams have some talented footsoldier average joes. Port - Mahoney, Cassisi and co.
Will look forward to a thread called "Humble Pie" for you lot if I'm right!

tigerforever

the tiger is set to pounce
Jul 26, 2004
melbourne
i really think its hard to judge some of these guys..remember they were poorly coached and there development as players was not what it should be..under wallace some of these guys might thrive..ill reserve judgement on kayne and others until i see how they go under a real coach...

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Pettifer finally showed some promise playing in the half back line but I have grave doubts on whether he will make it.Definitely last chance this year.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
TF,You might be right & hopefully Pettifer does turn it around but if he has a poor season next season then he's finished.

The Mighty Wozman

RFC '82-'13: "Daydream Nation"
Jul 22, 2004
...too slow and not strong enough in one particular area. A definite plodder. My poor perception of Petrified was only reaffirmed on this site by the story I heard that he punches himself in the head when frustrated on the field...Apparently he has been doing this since juniors.

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
tigerforever said:
yep i agree there are a few playing for there careers...

Some players playing for their careers? It's only as it should be every year, and Pettifer is no different.

Hanny said:
Will make it as an Attacking Half back Flanker.

Yep, he's shown some form there, so letting TW see what he can do with that RECENT form seems logical enough.

Like HOPPER said, can't wait for the time when some humble pie is ordered. That's the problem with strident opinion - it leaves you with nowhere to go.

blaisee

We want to draft our own champions
Jan 28, 2004
melb east
I believe he will be offered a minimum player contract. Its up to him to take it or look for another home.