Kayne Pettifer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kayne Pettifer

RecruitersDream

You Just Got Deluded!!
Jul 5, 2004
GoldCoast
Im hoping that he stays. He showed some signs that he might be a late bloomer. He just has to string some consistancy together and get his confidence up from playing hbf and then put him forward and he will kick goals.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
blaisee said:
I believe he will be offered a minimum player contract. Its up to him to take it or look for another home.
This is where Richmond is in such a great position (if you can call being on the bottom of the heap just that). We can offer minimum contracts as any delisted or rejected player from us has no great appeal amongst the other clubs. The PSD wont appeal so much to them.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
jury still out, who knows he could be a late bloomer, i dont know....

i would like to see if t.w can do anything with the kid, as we all his time is running out whether with us or another club really...

1 year contract give him every opportunity, if the kid wants it he will make the most of it,  if not hooroo...

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
Worth another year under a good coach but dont think Kayne will make it. He falters badly under pressure, seems to have great spurts of energy in the first two minutes on the field, then seems to go missing for the rest of the match. Could he have been unfit? I don't know, all I know is he performs well in the VFL but cant seem to handle the extra intensity.

junior

Tiger Cub
Mar 6, 2004
my glass is half full
rosy23 said:
Kayne was playing for Coburg towards the end of the season, and not doing much there either. ;)
He played TWO games for Coburg at the end of the season (rounds 20 and 21), and that was after being omitted from the seniors due to injury in round 18. He was not fully fit during those two games, thus affecting his performance. His form in the seniors prior to getting injured was consistently good - for 6 games in a row.

Curtiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 26, 2004
Moreland, Melbourne
ive enjoyed watching pettiful change from a skinny, useless hairdo to a reasonably set, useful hairdo.

he showed signs of discipline and skill this year and i think we should hold onto him. he can lay tackles, kick the footy and goals. At worst he's a good small forward.
i think he could make a decent on-baller later in his career, but might be a bit small to play key position.

linuscambridge

Tiger Superstar
Jul 13, 2004
You know if Pettifer was named Hartigan or Jackson, and had played on the HBF like he did this year when he got the chance you lot would all be creaming your pants! You would all be raving about his big future in the back line.

Forget about his complete failure as a HFF and give him another chance where he showed his best form this year.

I have memories of him this year backing back into packs and taking one grab marks reminiscent of the Kellaways at their best. He is worth another go in this position.

TigerEye

Tiger Cub
May 9, 2004
linuscambridge said:
You know if Pettifer was named Hartigan or Jackson, and had played on the HBF like he did this year when he got the chance you lot would all be creaming your pants.

If only he had half of their g&d as well. ::)

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Pathettifer fully turned his football career around when played at half back this season. Naturally, Frawley took the opportunity of his success to move him back to the froward line. Immediate results -Kayne reverted to a disease. This guy has to play back for a lot longer and will make it if he does. If Wallet plays him forward I believe it's the end of his career.

"Jibs and Ratbags to the backline." Pettifer is both.

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
I agree he requires a chance under Wally wonker 22 games in the backline rotating in the middle.

Make go in and under Tezza that will knock the fear out of him or ruin him completly.

Either way we need to no

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Umm yes, all valid points and I don't necessarily disagree with anyone but what I want to know is why he is still out of contract? If we didn't want him he would have been delisted or moved elsewhere during trade week. The only reasons I could think of is that he wants more money which would be a joke because he doesn't deserve it yet or it's like Zantuck and he's fallen out with other players at the club but I haven't heard anything like that... I mean it just seems strange that he's still unsigned that's all.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
the claw said:
i wouldnt worry to much about the time we have put into pettifer. he has developed very little in his time at the club has glaring weaknesses is generally over rated and imo will not make it.

i can't believe im saying this but i completely agree with the claw. i was shocked when this dud wasn't delisted with nicholls and houlihan. when he played about 1 and a half decent games with about 4-5 weeks to go in the season, i was really worried we might retain him on the back of those performances. how can you seriously justify keeping him here based on that? how many years has he been at tigerland?

if we must keep him (which it looks like we are), he must be given a 1 year deal on minimum salary.

TrueTiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2004
Croydon
rosy23 said:
TrueTiger said:
The only reason people that he did any good towards the end of this season is Terry said on radio that he needs more time on the Ground Danny!

You think Danny listened to Terry's coaching advice? ;D

Kayne was playing for Coburg towards the end of the season, and not doing much there either. ;)

Yeah The only plus to come from the year Danny listening to Terry have they meet in person yet? by any chance rosy or is Danny to shy to meet terry

Silent Bob

Tiger Superstar
Nov 7, 2003
I've been a huge detractor of Kayne's over the past few years. Doesn't work hard enough, doesn't tackle hard enough, doesn't have enough heart, loses concentration and gets lost all too easily. All in all just plainly not up to it. I don't think TW will change this, but you never know.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He's not in the best 22, and that's before the recruits. Should have gone IMO, only stayed because we couldn't delist too many. Been given enough opportunities. Should be a solid contributor for the 'burgers.