Kelvin Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kelvin Moore

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Rapt he was able to fight his way back to AFL but the game has past him by. Has to be farewelled in rd 23. We have no room to carry him.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Tigers2011 said:
Agreed - think its over for him.

Right I am just gonna say it. This guy was always a dud. Can not understand the love for him. Typical RFC footballer; way too many limitations and flaws in his game. The long injury lay off has made him even worse; understandable.

I believe he wants to join the Police Force after his footy career is over. Time to sign up at the Academy for the next intake Kelvin.

TuesdayswithTerry

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2007
We have plenty of blokes we need to delist (as usual this time of year)

I'm happy for him to have 1 more year as one thing is for certain, clubs need good leadership. His dedication to rehab/training is a good example to our youg list.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
If you can't kick, you can't have a spot in the modern game.
Kelvin never could hit a target, and his hip issues won't have helped.
Obviously insurance only and not a part of the long term premiership plans.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Leysy Days said:
Is miles off atm.

Think the club need to sit down with him & work out what how we can help him transition into a new career.

Coming off a long break but just looks out of his depth. Slow. By hand & foot.

EJC

Tiger Rookie
Dec 1, 2010
Ballarat
Ridley said:
Right I am just gonna say it. This guy was always a dud. Can not understand the love for him. Typical RFC footballer; way too many limitations and flaws in his game. The long injury lay off has made him even worse; understandable.

I believe he wants to join the Police Force after his footy career is over. Time to sign up at the Academy for the next intake Kelvin.
Short memory. Three excellent seasons (2008, 2009, 2010), the latter two as part of a simply appalling line-up where the pill was coming into our backline at an unprecedented rate.

If it wasn't for our depth issues he'd be slowly working back to reasonable fitness and touch in the VFL. For the remarkable effort he showed to recover from injury the club will show faith and he'll go around again in 2013, this time with a full pre-season under his belt.

And good luck to him.

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
I don't want to right him off, as he was a good defender, made good decisions.
If he is no good next season he will have to go, I think of Cogs , he was a champion destroyed by injury then couldn't adapt to the faster game.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
EJC said:
Short memory. Three excellent seasons (2008, 2009, 2010), the latter two as part of a simply appalling line-up where the pill was coming into our backline at an unprecedented rate.

If it wasn't for our depth issues he'd be slowly working back to reasonable fitness and touch in the VFL. For the remarkable effort he showed to recover from injury the club will show faith and he'll go around again in 2013, this time with a full pre-season under his belt.

And good luck to him.

Disagree. A very average footballer at best. Always had shoddy disposal and questionable decision making. A limited footballer but that said he probably was one of our best defenders in that era. He is one of many examples of why the RFC has been so poor for so long. Too many ordinary footballers play way too many games.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Ridley said:
Disagree. A very average footballer at best. Always had shoddy disposal and questionable decision making. A limited footballer but that said he probably was one of our best defenders in that era. He is one of many examples oh why the RFC has been so poor for so long. Too many ordinary footballers play way too many games.

Agree.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Ridley said:
Disagree. A very average footballer at best. Always had shoddy disposal and questionable decision making. A limited footballer but that said he probably was one of our best defenders in that era. He is one of many examples oh why the RFC has been so poor for so long. Too many ordinary footballers play way too many games.
I agree too. The length of his absence seemed to make him a better footballer than he ever actually was in many people's minds. He's done fantastically well to get back with the injuries he had, but he's not the answer going forward or part of the future.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Ridley said:
Disagree. A very average footballer at best. Always had shoddy disposal and questionable decision making. A limited footballer but that said he probably was one of our best defenders in that era. He is one of many examples of why the RFC has been so poor for so long. Too many ordinary footballers play way too many games.

I've never really understood the love either to be honest. He wa a mediocre AFL player before his injuries. Now he's absolutely battling.
Should not be playing seniors.