Kelvin Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kelvin Moore

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Tigers of Old said:
I've never really understood the love either to be honest. He wa a mediocre AFL player before his injuries. Now he's absolutely battling.
Should not be playing seniors.
Mediocre player .. dunno?
In a mediocre team though he played enough good footy for us to have earned his spot for a few seasons.
But yeah - the time has come. Play someone who might still be there in a few years.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
I've never really understood the love either to be honest. He wa a mediocre AFL player before his injuries. Now he's absolutely battling.

Having players of hiscalbre on our list we should never ever complain abut playing finals,
Absolute dud of the highest order

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
checkside said:
Common sense would see him retire at the end of the year, these games are just a goodbye.

Exactly. We need to do the right thing by both parties.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Had one standout season. Maybe Sheeds is still interested after he labelled Moore one of our best few players a couple of years ago. "Missed out on Cloke? No problem. Have we got a deal for you!"

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Spot on tooheys

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Moore and Miller are set to announce their retirements today.

I think Kel still could have gone around another year, it's a shame considering how hard he tried to get back.

Thanks for your service, Kel!

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
I'd say so. He tried pretty hard to get back and said how excited he was to play again. I doubt he lose his love for the game within 2 months.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Amazing effort to get back. Well done Kel, every many to play for the Tigers is a hero. All the best for your retirement, and may your body settle down over time.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Tigertool said:
I'd say so. He tried pretty hard to get back and said how excited he was to play again. I doubt he lose his love for the game within 2 months.

Wouldn't think the club would be showing him the door after putting so much investment into him to get him back on the park. Couldn't make a call on his playing future based on those couple of games. Maybe his hip has packed it in again.

monteath

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 16, 2007
Richmond
Well done Kel. Gave his all and his efforts to come back are a testament to a person who must be of the highest quality.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
WesternTiger said:
Wouldn't think the club would be showing him the door after putting so much investment into him to get him back on the park. Couldn't make a call on his playing future based on those couple of games. Maybe his hip has packed it in again.
Club would have been liable for helping Kel get back into functional shape anyway so no major problem allowing Kel the best opportunity to get fixed.
Pleased for Kel that he at least managed to get back up to playing level, guess he's at least been able to lay any what if demons to rest by having a final couple of games.

Congrats to both Kel and Brad on their careers and thanks for their efforts at Tigerland.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
TigerMasochist said:
Club would have been liable for helping Kel get back into functional shape anyway so no major problem allowing Kel the best opportunity to get fixed.
Pleased for Kel that he at least managed to get back up to playing level, guess he's at least been able to lay any what if demons to rest by having a final couple of games.

Congrats to both Kel and Brad on their careers and thanks for their efforts at Tigerland.

Not disputing that at all. Just i wouldn't have thought the club would have cut him and it appears as though it was Kel's decision.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Well done Kel. He's served the club well. I just hope he can live the rest of his life with a reasonable amount of mobility.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
The story is on the Journos' thread. Glad Kel got the opportunity to get back and finish off his career wearing the famous Yellow and Black! While I thought Miller was step backwards he at least gave it everything and deserves the plaudits for his brief time (though not for us) as a power forward at the top level.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
KnightersRevenge said:
The story is on the Journos' thread. Glad Kel got the opportunity to get back and finish off his career wearing the famous Yellow and Black! While I thought Miller was step backwards he at least gave it everything and deserves the plaudits for his brief time (though not for us) as a power forward at the top level.
Agree with this view on both players.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Kel did well to come back at all after his injuries. The decision to retire was clearly motivated by his future health and well being.