Kelvin Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kelvin Moore

tysonc

Tiger Cub
Feb 25, 2008
This guy's improvement is fantastic.. At the start of the year many people were labelling him as the first bloke to be delisted at the start of the year. And by round 6 Terry Wallace has enough confidence in his defensive abilities to give him the biggest defensive job in AFL (admittedly he did have support from Richo, Polak and Simmonds)..

His vision and decision making skills and disposal are certainly at AFL level. It is great to finally see the development of a reasonable tight back 6 (considering how often our midfield gets beaten).. Often this site is full of negativity about the players and I just thought it would be great to say how good it is to see a player who has worked soo hard make the grade at AFL level. Imagine how good we would be if a number of other super skilled player worked as hard as someone like Kel Moore.

Good work

TIGEREXTRA

Tiger Legend
Jun 20, 2004
Melbourne
Great first post.

Kel Moore is my favourite kid atm.

I just love the way he plays and it is great to see him improving every week.

Credit has to go to the coaches for persisting with him and keeping him on the list. It did not look like he would make the standard 2 years ago but full credit to the boy as he has come along way.

tysonc

Tiger Cub
Feb 25, 2008
I grew up at school and playing junior footy with him and his parents said in November 2007 that they weren't sure if Wallace was going to keep him, but they hoped he would because they thought he had turned the corner. Don't forget, he had osteitis pubis for 2 years (important development years). I am not saying he is going to be our best player or anything, but he is the type of player strong teams require (cool, calm and yet defensively strong).

I think Reiwoldt would be a good match up for him because he is quick enough to go with Reiwoldt up to the flanks/wing. That would leave Schulz for Kozzie and Thursfield for Gehrig (they will bring him back in coz he always kills us).

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
tysonc said:
I grew up at school and playing junior footy with him and his parents said in November 2007 that they weren't sure if Wallace was going to keep him, but they hoped he would because they thought he had turned the corner. Don't forget, he had osteitis pubis for 2 years (important development years). I am not saying he is going to be our best player or anything, but he is the type of player strong teams require (cool, calm and yet defensively strong).

I think Reiwoldt would be a good match up for him because he is quick enough to go with Reiwoldt up to the flanks/wing. That would leave Schulz for Kozzie and Thursfield for Gehrig (they will bring him back in coz he always kills us).

Think that's a mistake Iron Mike. Thursty to stand Roo. Did the job beautifully when fully fit. Agree totally and feel vindicated on Kel though. Great worker and doesn't drop his bundle keeps doing his job all day long.

tysonc

Tiger Cub
Feb 25, 2008
Could be right Knighter but will be interesting coz if Willy T takes Riewoldt, Kelv isn't tall enough for Kozzy (see NAB cup) and isn't strong enough body on body with Gehrig... Will be interesting to see what they do.. What is great to see is that for the first time in a long while the game plan has changed, we are quicker and the footy is really enjoying to watch

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
Kel is gonna make it. We have a 10 year defender to support our other youngsters, Thursty, Sarge, the Plumber and Luke.
Shaping up nicely is our defence.

premiers2011

Eat 'em Alive!!
Oct 22, 2007
We get Kelvin Moore and Andy Collins.
Why couldn't it have been Jason Dunstall and Dermott Brereton. ;D

Must admit though did all the right things today. They'll say Buddy kicjked 1.7 but he made him take all his kicks from wide where he's not as comfortable. The one he did get was a soft "Joe the goose" in the goal square

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Was one of those who felt he should've been delisted last year. Kelvinator took the points and I gave him a vote, though if Buddy kicks 7.1 instead of 1.7, Kel's a chump. Good on him and hope he can continue to do a job for us.

velo

Tiger Superstar
Feb 11, 2008
One thing I like about Moore is he has a bit of size about him and he still has pace. Would love to see him get a bit of Mongrel too. Schulz is another with the physique to play down back. Just need Thursty and McGuane to bulk up a bit.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
blx said:
oh how the winds of change sweep majectically across the wide expanses of PRE ;)

Agree. I wanted him gone two years ago. Has strung together a pretty good first six weeks. Better by foot then I foot. He is attacking with the ball. Needs to watch Matthew Scarlett tapes and become a link man. That is the next challenge but he is doing very well. Hope his body gives him the chance to stay at this level.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
SCOOP said:
Agree. I wanted him gone two years ago. Has strung together a pretty good first six weeks. Better by foot then I foot. He is attacking with the ball. Needs to watch Matthew Scarlett tapes and become a link man. That is the next challenge but he is doing very well. Hope his body gives him the chance to stay at this level.

I think he was 94% by foot last year Scooper. He can do the link man stuff and showed that in the Coburg finals last year. That's why I was a wrap for him this year - because IF he became confident at the level which he is becoming then - the run and use of the ball offensively will really hurt the opposition. The kid was always class, Just needed the strength of mind and aggots to bring out that class and well done to the kid for stepping up! Still needs to keep stepping up though because with his natural ability he shouldn't set limits on his game!

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
I liked how he changed his game on Buddy.Went from being Buddy aware to actually attacking the ball. :thumbsup